Movies that are slept on? vol. Half Nelson (2006)

The Ambulance
Class of 1999 (1 and 2)
Election
How I Spent My Summer Vacation
Nikita's Blues

Some more...

I Love You To Do

An underappreciated 80s movie with a great cast. Great performances from River Phoenix, John Hurt & Keanu Reeves.

Big Trouble In Little China

Another 80s movies. Do people know about this movie?

Devil In A Blue Dress

Put Don Cheadle on the map...

The Limey

A gem from Steven Soderbergh with Terence Stamp & Luis Guzman. How could you go wrong with those 2 in the movie plus Stamp has a thick cockney accent. Great soundtrack too.

Searching for Bobby Fischer

Did someone post this?

Quiz Show

Great cast with a lot of great performances from several actors. Directed by Robert Redford. I really believed Paul Scofield was Mark Van Doren. At the end of the scene below is gut wrenching in such a subtle way given the context of the story.

Gone Baby Gone

I think this is Ben Affleck's directorial debut. Based on the novel of the same name written by Dennis Lehane who also wrote Mystic River & Shutter Island. Casey Affleck putting in work. Why is Ed Harris good in every movie he does?

Seven Psychopaths & In Bruges

Seven Psychopaths came out last year. I loved it. Directed by Martin McDonagh who also did In Bruges which has one of the most priceless scenes with Brendan Gleeson & Ralph Fiennes.

Layer Cake

Was this posted before? Do people know about this movie? Put Daniel Craig on the map... Craig played a straight up G in the movie. A thinking man's G if you will. Also has Tom Hardy...

Last edited:
the professional 
pimp.gif

^ Laurence Fishburne is a great great actor. I've also enjoyed him in all of his lessor roles also like in Bobby Fisher, Predators, Higher Learning (starting eating Altoids because of him lol), etc...

Last edited:
Yasiin Bey! The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy & 16 Blocks

& speaking of Sam Rockwell... Match Stick Men, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, & Moon

Last edited:
Josh And S.A.M.
Event Horizon
Sunshine
Death Sentence
Hanna

Some sleepers I hadnt watched in a while

Red Hook Summer

Last one for now... This was a well done movie... Clarke Peters is a great actor... OK, done for a lil bit...

Bobby Fisher is a difficult film to find for rental.

Another film...............UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS with scott bakula. Its hilarious.

Ed Harriss is a great actor. Every time. First film i remember him being in is The Abyss.

Bobby Fisher is a difficult film to find for rental.

Another film...............UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS with scott bakula. Its hilarious.

Ed Harriss is a great actor. Every time. First film i remember him being in is The Abyss.

The Abyss was a great movie. I was :frown: :x when he was trying to resuscitate his wife...

I first saw Harris in The Right Stuff about the US space program when it first started (based on Tom Wolfe's book). I was a little younger when it came out but I thought he was John Glen. Great actor even in bad or lesser movies.

Can't embed pics right now but

FELON .. starring Steph Dorff and Val Kilmer very good prison drama :pimp:

and

FREAKS ... or the freaks ..? a comedy from the 90s about a mutated bunch of farm animals .. Real funny ... got search for this

You clarified the word. But, I would categorize Fresh as one of those movies that's known, but is often forgotten about.
Semantics man :smh:

Fresh is underrated because it got lost in the muck, it came out in a great year for films (1994). It's a pretty timeless film, and if the category had 10 nominees like it does now- lt would have been nominated for best picture.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]I know the demographic mostly represented in this thread probably will not agree...but this movie is a highly slept on classic.
[/COLOR]

View media item 488867
[COLOR=#red]Ok maybe not classic, but a hidden gem nontheless :lol:[/COLOR]

I was definitely suprised to see someone post this. This is one of my all time favorites. I can give a one man show of the whole thing!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom