Moving from Palmdale to LA. Need suggestions.

So I was recently offered a promotion. I currently live in Palmdale, work in Santa Clarita.

My office is right near LAX; I can watch planes take off from my building. I've pretty much lived in Palmdale the majority of my life. I rented an apt with my GF for 1 year in Santa Clarita. Lease ended in December of last year so we held off on renting until I knew where I would be woking. GF has always lived in DTLA with her Mom and has begged us to live in LA. She hated living in SCV. Now I have no choice. Lol. First place I'll be looking is Culver City. Her job is in Century City. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions are welcome.

Im assuming Palmdale is more suburby area right?

Well If i was you i would hate to move in LA because for me I really need that suburban area space and feel. Everytime i visit DTLA/LA area I wanna freaking kill myself because of the traffic and dirty *** smell/ trash everywhere. But i would def look into culver city or more suburban area

Im assuming Palmdale is more suburby area right?

Well If i was you i would hate to move in LA because for me I really need that suburban area space and feel. Everytime i visit DTLA/LA area I wanna freaking kill myself because of the traffic and dirty *** smell/ trash everywhere. But i would def look into culver city or more suburban area
Palmdale is 1 desert. Lol. I'm ready for a change. Gotta get out of my comfort zone.

Palmdale to here is easier imo than getting used to here and going out to Palmdale.

I didn't mind Culver City when I lived there about 10 years ago, but now that I left, I wouldn't want to live there again.  If you work near LAX, I'd consider the Carson/Torrance area.

its very hard to recommend something for you without knowing your budget.
also, every neighborhood has its own feel. while I would say race relations have greatly improved, some places are still like the 90's in terms of being tolerant of others.
are you the trendy type? care about living near the ocean? doint want to deal with traffic? what are your work hours?

for example, I live in san pedro and work in the Dominguez/Compton area.
I love my commute to work I go against traffic. I work 6am-3:30pm when I go to work I take the 110N to 405 S and its a breeze. then going home 405N to 110 S a breeze again.
traffic should be a top priority for you, id say almost before anything.

but what are you looking for, and what budget?

off the top of my head, stay away from tehse areas as they are very touristy and youll pay a premium for living there:
manhattan beach, santa monica, Redondo beach,

Last edited:
let me get in your building for some photography shots b.

its very hard to recommend something for you without knowing your budget.
also, every neighborhood has its own feel. while I would say race relations have greatly improved, some places are still like the 90's in terms of being tolerant of others.
are you the trendy type? care about living near the ocean? doint want to deal with traffic? what are your work hours?

for example, I live in san pedro and work in the Dominguez/Compton area.
I love my commute to work I go against traffic. I work 6am-3:30pm when I go to work I take the 110N to 405 S and its a breeze. then going home 405N to 110 S a breeze again.
traffic should be a top priority for you, id say almost before anything.

but what are you looking for, and what budget?

off the top of my head, stay away from tehse areas as they are very touristy and youll pay a premium for living there:
manhattan beach, santa monica, Redondo beach,
When I was living in Santa Clarita, I was paying $1200 for a 1 bedroom. I would like to keep it in that area. I'm not picky. Don't need it to be high end but at the same time, I wanna feel safe at night if I need to walk to my car. Lol.

I'll be right off the 405, the LAX exit. My gf works at a school in Century City, right off the Santa Monica Blvd exit. Don't know my schedule yet but it will be a 4/40 or 9/80. So my start time will probably be 7am or 8am until 6pm. My gf works from 815-245. I mentioned Culver City because I have an old-worker that lives there now and recommends looking in that area.

let me get in your building for some photography shots b.
I work for Social Services. You won't be able to get into the building, unless you are applying for welfare. Lol. Sorry.

West LA ( santa monica,venice, culver city, mar vista) rent might be a bit higher than what you are paying now tbh. 

you could venture a bit farther south into hawthorne, el segundo or even inglewood...a lot of apartment complexes in the area offer parking but most of the time it is at a premium ( +$50/per month) 

Back
Top Bottom