Moving to a new city and dealing with the worst barbers in America Vol.Houston

Where are you in DMV area? You go all the way to VA for a cut? There is a good barber in Essex, MD if that is anywhere near you.

Alief Barber Shop off of Bissonnet and Dairy Ashford is pretty good.

Always told myself when I move away from home im going full Rasta.

Been going to my barber for 10 years. Dude has watched me grow up and can do no wrong with my haircuts.

That's going to be a sad day. 

OP during a couple of my barbers jail stints I just hit up whomever I knew with the cleanest cut and asked for the info to his barber. Always turned out okay.

Whenever I went to some random dude when my barber was gone I ALWAYS got a terrible cut. If you don't know anyone I'd just stop the dude with the freshest cut you can find. 

Finding a new barber is the absolute worst! I used to just wolf it in the DMV until I could go back to my neighborhood shop in Queens. Luckily, I found a good spot after a few years :lol: It's a bit of a drive from my place, but the barbers are on point (Kev's in Springfield, VA).

Kev's is trash. Wise Cuts is where it's at.

If any of my ATL NTers need a barber, I have a few guys I can recommend

I need a new barber, some recommendations would be helpful sir
scorpio04 scorpio04

Marcus Harvey & Tariq Nevar are my top 2. Both located at Salon Ramsey just off of Northside Drive by the Five Guys burger spot. You can also go to Devin, he's good too.

I'd also recommend Will Stamm. He own two shops, one is right by Cumberland Mall & another right by the Walmart on Howell Mill. He does like Mon-Wed at Howell Mill & the other days at the one by Cumberland. Name of the shop is Profreshional Cuts.

There's also Dan Brown. He owns a shop called Exodus. It's on Memorial in Stone Mountain.

Lastly, there's Youssef. He owns High Level Cuts off of Tara Blvd.

All these guys are dope, all of them take appointments.

Last edited:
scorpio04 scorpio04

Marcus Harvey & Tariq Nevar are my top 2. Both located at Salon Ramsey just off of Northside Drive by the Five Guys burger spot. You can also go to Devin, he's good too.

I'd also recommend Will Stamm. He own two shops, one is right by Cumberland Mall & another right by the Walmart on Howell Mill. He does like Mon-Wed at Howell Mill & the other days at the one by Cumberland. Name of the shop is Profreshional Cuts.

There's also Dan Brown. He owns a shop called Exodus. It's on Memorial in Stone Mountain.

Hopefully trying to get a cut today, can any of these guys do it? I saw the Youssef guy on instagram and he said he needs appointments like three days in advance...plus he's unavailable today

scorpio04 scorpio04

Hopefully trying to get a cut today, can any of these guys do it? I saw the Youssef guy on instagram and he said he needs appointments like three days in advance...plus he's unavailable today
scorpio04 scorpio04 Try Will, Dan, or Devin.

You can call the shop & ask for Will or Dan since they own it.

Devin's number is 404 857 8995

Last edited:
Hate this feeling :frown:
I been to 3 different barbers and none can give me the haircut I want. I was going to the same barber for 5 years but now he acting all brand new. I guess I gotta keep looking till I find a good one

All dominican barbers aren't nice with it. Got my first haircut in NYC in the heights, and papi needed a translator. Shape up wasn't even fresh. My advice is to just ask people who you see with fresh cuts where they went to.

If you've never been to a dominican barber and are thinking about it, the first thing u need to say to dude is not to mess w/ your eyebrows. :lol:

If you've never been to a dominican barber and are thinking about it, the first thing u need to say to dude is not to mess w/ your eyebrows.
laugh.gif
lol, thats not universal

the dominicans who used to cut my hair in middle school-hs never touched my brows and i got a strong uni

Start cutting your own hair. I've lived in 6 cities in the past decade and I've never once dealt with this issue.

Took me 2 years of trial and error in buffalo to find the right barber. 

Just takes time sometimes b.

No place like home though 

If you've never been to a dominican barber and are thinking about it, the first thing u need to say to dude is not to mess w/ your eyebrows. :lol:

:lol: a pr cat did that to me, i was sitting there and he just put the clippers over my brows without asking or anything,
:rolleyes i was sitting there thinking I looked like charlie villanueva but thankfully he just trimmed them

Last edited:
Detroit gotta have the best barbers as a whole hands down
This. Every time my barber isn't available or out of time I find a replacement easy. I got messed up once when I was desperate and let a random dude cut me up in 10th grade

That strong line is a cultural thing man. Don't be going to them cats with thinning edges. Its a wrap for you Harry Osborne.

Know the feeling. My barber moved out east to Chicago. Been on the hunt for a new one for 6 months now. I've gotten some of the worst haircuts I have ever seen since. Came close twice to just shaving my head after getting home and seeing up close the scalping that they gave me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom