Moving to Colorado?

Man I think I would love to live out there. More so in the country but not rural area. Whats the job market like there, anyone know?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Man I think I would love to live out there. More so in the country but not rural area. Whats the job market like there, anyone know?
I would also like to know this, but yea Starky I'm single so it would be just me without worrying about children. I heard it's expensive

just moved home after living in Colorado Springs, I enjoyed it, the pace is way different than were I live. It was real laid back.
I was anxious to get back home, but I'm already starting to miss the weather/atmosphere after only a few days.
There's a lot to do if you're the outdoors type

Honestly imo living in the bay is financially easiest if you're single. Lots of nice new apartments and condos in Oakland being built. A lot of them are inthe hood but I was born and raised there and never had any problems.

I might as well add in a few things about Denver since that's where you're most interested in.

Beautiful scenery, people are nice...to your face, I've only spent time in downtown Denver once but it was nice with a good mix of establishments as Iremember.

As far as the job market, healthcare industry there is huge from what I understand. One of the friends I was talking about is a dentist and she took a heftypay cut coming from Denver to the Bay and healthcare is huge in the bay as too, give cost of living as well that speaks volumes.

Also there are a decent amount of regional headquarters in Denver given as it's kind of a midway point between the west and the other side of the countryso if corporate is your thing that could be a plus.

Im in Denver.
its beautiful out here.
#+*@ those that aint never been but still talkin like they have. lol
most people that visit never leave.
especially them Cali folk..
job market is so-so, depends on what kinda job you in the market for.
I do know it's been said that we weathered the recession better than most states.

What do you want to know about snowboarding brotha?

I started in 7th grade and I'm 27 now so I have been a whole lot of times over those years. The last 3-4 years I've been between 20-40 times a season.I have been on trips the last few years to Colorado (Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone), Wyoming (Jackson Hole and backcountry) and Utah (Powder Mountain, TheCanyons, Snowbird and one other resort that Im blanking on right now).

I ride a 164W Lib Tech board, Flow bindings (I love them but there are a TON of Flow haters), Vans boots.

Originally Posted by eight2one

I need to get outta Michigan. I wanna expierence something new.
that's how i feel too.

i'm in minnesota during the summer and north dakota during school...needless to say
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Just In Time

What do you want to know about snowboarding brotha?

I started in 7th grade and I'm 27 now so I have been a whole lot of times over those years. The last 3-4 years I've been between 20-40 times a season. I have been on trips the last few years to Colorado (Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone), Wyoming (Jackson Hole and backcountry) and Utah (Powder Mountain, The Canyons, Snowbird and one other resort that Im blanking on right now).

I ride a 164W Lib Tech board, Flow bindings (I love them but there are a TON of Flow haters), Vans boots.
Everything! From goggles to bindings to snowboard decks. I want to be at least educated about the equipment and what works best for a beginnerthen what would be better once I get better at it.
What are those other parts of Colorado like that you mentioned because I was considering Denver?

Everything! From goggles to bindings to snowboard decks. I want to be at least educated about the equipment and what works best for a beginner then what would be better once I get better at it.
What are those other parts of Colorado like that you mentioned because I was considering Denver?
If I moved out there I'd want to live in Denver or the surrounding areas. The mountain areas are super cool, but we just drove from Denver.Completely blanking on how long of a drive it was up there though...

1. Colorado Springs is nice. Its pretty high up elevation wise so you will get heavy snows up until March and sometimes April. Co Springs is nice though butfrom when I have been up there I always thought it was more of a family type of city.

2. Denver, love DENVER. Denver def. has a big city feel to it but at the same time its not that big really. You're about a couple hours away from theslopes and the downtown is nice. Check out 16th St for all your shopping and hit up Lo Do for clubs. Also doesn't hurt that the Nuggets, Rockies andBroncos are all in town as well.

3. Boulder- Ahhh, I guess from what everyone has said you are black male and if you are looking for a solid black community you better keep it moving but atthe same time I think Boulder is a great city. Pearl St is nice for shopping and eating and its a college town (CU) so there is always something going on andlike the other cities I have talked about its not more then a couple hour drive to the slopes.

Hope that helps you. . .

Originally Posted by langfor5

1. Colorado Springs is nice. Its pretty high up elevation wise so you will get heavy snows up until March and sometimes April. Co Springs is nice though but from when I have been up there I always thought it was more of a family type of city.

2. Denver, love DENVER. Denver def. has a big city feel to it but at the same time its not that big really. You're about a couple hours away from the slopes and the downtown is nice. Check out 16th St for all your shopping and hit up Lo Do for clubs. Also doesn't hurt that the Nuggets, Rockies and Broncos are all in town as well.

3. Boulder- Ahhh, I guess from what everyone has said you are black male and if you are looking for a solid black community you better keep it moving but at the same time I think Boulder is a great city. Pearl St is nice for shopping and eating and its a college town (CU) so there is always something going on and like the other cities I have talked about its not more then a couple hour drive to the slopes.

Hope that helps you. . .
That helps out a lot, I'm still torn about what part I want to move, I know somewhere close to the mountains so I can practice hitting theslopes often

Back
Top Bottom