*** MTV Mixtape Monday: Clipse ***

oseez

Banned
clipse.jpg

Quote:
Get used to seeing this in the near future: Re-Up Gang/ Sony Music the Clipse's Malice and Pusha T have a new home. "The deal is done, the ink is dry," Malice said last week. "We're very happy. Everything is going according to plan. [We've had] discussions with [Columbia co-head] Rick Rubin and [our manager] Tony Draper. I haven't met [Rubin] myself. [Kyambo] Hip Hop [Joshua] and Draper been ironing things out. I'm sure were gonna meet, shake hands and make it all official. We're pleased with the sense of urgency them dudes is moving with. I can say that we are a welcomed addition. They feel that way. The vibe is right. That says a lot, for me to say that, because I'm skeptical of all labels. I don't believe it till I see it. The game made me this way."

"We're looking forward to '08 and putting out consecutive good music," Pusha added, alluding to the fact that the Re-Up Gang's yet-untitled LP will be followed by a new Clipse effort. "Sony has that energy, that new blood that wants to win. It's [also] where the Clipse are right now. We've just never been in the position to put out music consistently. Every album [there's] always been something to stand in the way of us getting the music out in a timely manner. Sony has structured a deal that honestly gives me the free right to put out music anytime I want.

"This go-round, my brother and myself, we're CEOs [of our label], and we also got equity in the group," he added. "I think it will be all good."

After a long tumultuous relationship, their marriage with Jive ended in a divorce. Mal says his mangers did their jobs.

"Great management has been an asset to mending relationships and being able to move on," he said. "Tony Draper had a good rapport with Jive and a good rapport with [Jive President] Barry [Weiss]. He went and smoothed things out. We were left in a bad situation it didn't have nothing to do with us, we were there. The tensions were between [our former label] Star Trak and Jive initially. We were left there to deal with hard feelings. Draper came along, and I can say he's been really effective. He and Tony Gonzales, our other manager."

Malice also shed some light on the Re-Up Gang family album, saying, "It's coming out so crazy, I don't know what to say about it. The gloves are off, it's time to rock. We're eight songs in. Mentally, I'm where I wanna be. The content is street."

The Gang have been working with a lot of up-and-coming artists so far but plan to bring in Danjahandz too. The Clipse album should follow shortly after the Gang disc, and now that they are on Sony, the door is definitely open to work with Rubin. They might also work with Kanye West and Lil Wayne ("I have no problem with Wayne," Malice said).

"I have never recorded in this manner," Pusha said. "I've never had to record and go through beats and pick joints. The whole tedious process of listening to a CD full of 30 beats. I'm used to having nine hot joints sitting in front of me and telling somebody, 'That color ain't it, put that record to the side.' This process has been harder in finding the music, but the songs are coming out amazing. It's real aggressive street hip-hop."

The Clipse say the Neptunes will definitely be contributing to the duo's album too "I just got the call yesterday, we got three new joints from Skateboard P," Pusha said as will Timbaland.

These dudes are getting TOO comfortable. But I like i t.
pimp.gif

. . ! . .

As long as they don't do a joint with Wayne, should be good...I'd like to hear them over different production, eventhough they do sound great over the Neptunes
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Your Opinion is Wrong
And Lauryn Hill isn't on Lil' Wayne's level.​

damn.

The clipse bout to establish themsleves as ELITE mcees in todays rap game finally.
BEEN HERE FOR A MINUTE.

Like I said before, as long as these dudes are releasing music I'm good
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Logic Goes To Die
Fred Lewis > Illmatic​

idk. its goin to be diffrent to listen to clipse
if they aint rappin over a neptunes beat :\
ohwell.gif

but we'll see

Quote:
As long as they don't do a joint with Wayne, should be good...I'd like to hear them over different production, eventhough they do sound great over the Neptunes
:rofl:
roll.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
Goooooooooonies
...He looks determined without being ruthless..Something heroic in this man, there's a courage about him..Doesn't look like a killer..Comes across so calm, acts like he has a dreamFull of passion....

I thought this was gonna be about WGI4C v. 3
TEAM [Scrubs]
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
[Which one is Pam?] - Creed Bratton.​

i can wait for the Re-up album. But when are we gonna get WGIFC v. 3

But im happy for Clipse hopefully they can put out the type of music they want
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
"We're workin on the second hand"

So is Danja workin' on the Gang's disc... or Clipse's next effort.... or both?

Can't wait to hear the VA boys' collaborations. :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
FLOAT AROUND IN THE GREATEST OF PORSCHES,
FEEL LIKE A CHUCKWAGON CUZ I'M ON 12 HORSES​

CLIPSE + LIL WAYNE= LYRICAL BEASTS

damn, jus imagining how sick this is gonna be. hearin clipse and weezy on the same track. if they put all that mr. me too bs behind em, this is gonna be one of the biggest collabos ever imo. im hoping clipses next album gets them the recognition they deserve in the game.

Quote:
The clipse bout to establish themsleves as ELITE mcees in todays rap game finally.

^You can say that again. Its gonna shock people to hear some real lyrics, instead of the garbage that has been flooded the air waves.

Quote:

I second that. NO WAYNE, he is not of their callabor.(not even close).
I Know this is reaching it, but as far as production, these are the producers i want to hear clipse over. PRIMO, 9th Wonder, Kanye and Maybe DRe....But def still work with Neptunes .
PSYCHO MEDLEY

Smooth...it's not even like that, if Wayne collab's with people and it's hot, then it's cool, but I can't think of any of these recent collabs that have been even close to decent from Wayne. Also, it's pretty uncreative on the part of the people who call on him, like it's prerequisite to have Wayne on a song, to make it hot or something
TEAMMUSICFORUM

I agree with you...but I think you hold it against artists to much...
Goooooooooonies​
...He looks determined without being ruthless..Something heroic in this man, there's a courage about him..Doesn't look like a killer..Comes across so calm, acts like he has a dreamFull of passion....

^yea I probably do...but like Kanye & Jay doing it was stupid to me, due to the fact that they're both superior artists/mc's/rappers...I can understand them playaz circles dudes needing Wayne, but Hov?
TEAMMUSICFORUM

:pimp:
pimp.gif
I can definitely see them spitting fire on some Ye beats or even Blaze or somebody other than the Neptunes although that was a good team (Clipse and neptunes)
Born alone, die alone, no crew to keep my crown or throne
I'm deep by sound alone, caved inside in a thousand miles from home

Quote:
I thought this was gonna be about WGI4C v. 3
Get You a Cute Chick Face Got Potential/Workin Wit A Lil Hips Waist Like a Pencil . . .
. . .Know She Bad Tell By The Chloe Bag/She Ain't No Hoodrat She Ain't Gotta Prove That/I peeped Them McCartney's Stella Got Her Grove Back
~Kanye West~

Clipse will go down as 1 or the best groups ever. I can't wait for wgifc v.3 lemme get that
I got OLNL for $250 and fantastic four pack AF1s sz 10.5. For $200. laser 5 hoody sz XXL $200. All DS. Aim me joecrack558

I don't get why people are mad or unsure of Clipse over non-Neptunes beats
seeing how
the mixtapes are some of their best stuff

Ra rose, in the dawning, thoughts of the light...

i was hoping for WGI4C v. 3

the only issue i have with HHNF now is that they recycled alot of rhymes off their mixtapes, its like i heard the album before hearing it.

Team DC/MD/VA​

Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
young black and dashing like Sydney in his prime in a black film classic

you got ds size 13 foot patrol air stabs? get at me​

^ Examples of them reusing lines please?
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Logic Goes To Die
Fred Lewis > Illmatic​

Back
Top Bottom