Mulholland Drive Diner Scene: This clip is EPIC and will ruin your night....

Discussion in 'General' started by donovandoesit, Jun 19, 2015.

1. donovandoesit

donovandoesit

TURBO UNO likes this.
  2. elecrelaxation

elecrelaxation

What the hell did I just watch?

Why did that affect you so much?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  3. 03silverbullet

03silverbullet

i'm confused by this video and this thread.

robotea likes this.
  4. donovandoesit

donovandoesit

Watch the entire clip dialogue all the way to the build up. If you appreciate films you'd understand [​IMG]

5. 7th Chamber

7th Chamber

Bruh...

6. donovandoesit

donovandoesit

I know lol 

7. ill legal operation

ill legal operation

Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life...

8. donovandoesit

donovandoesit

I can understand your view. It actually makes NO sense at all but as a movie buff I can appreciate the movies cinematography and the directors placement of a lot of things. I feel like with this the screen writers dropped the ball making the script make sense on screen. However this SCENE alone is one of the best I have ever seen in a thriller ever. The build up and the narrative and the dudes expressions are deep. 

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  9. socalkid

socalkid

That was a good scene
    It got me good

I want to watch this movie now

10. airedweezy

airedweezy

I knew it was coming so I put my phone far away and it still got me f man I'm about to go to bed scene gave me chills smh

11. dankenstien88

dankenstien88

Plebeian taste detected.

Stick to Michael Bay and Kevin Smith movies kid.

If you like Mulholland Drive, you should really check out Lost Highway. It's my favorite Lynch film and plays with many of the same themes as Mulholland Drive.

If you feel like the "screen writers" dropped the ball, I take it you haven't watched much Lynch. Mulholland Drive is pretty damn cut and dry. Most people consider it to be Lynch's masterpiece, but I would argue that it's merely a remedial version of his earlier film, Lost Highway.

Critics and the public did not respond well to Lost Highway. Most people, critics included, do not like ambiguity in their movies. They want clear cut protagonists, antagonists, beginnings middles and ends. Textbook Lynch doesn't work this way. His films are much more vague and open to interpretation, but he always leaves enough clues in there for the discerning viewer to figure out what's going on. Many people criticize Lost Highway for being too hard to follow or not making any sense. Once the "shift" happens in Mulholland Drive, it's quite easy to see whats been going on. While Lost Highway is a bit more ambiguous than Mulholland Drive, the main character Fred has a line in the movie that explains everything if you're paying attention.

The simplicity and similarities of Mulholland Drive compared to Lost Highway makes more sense if you know that Mulholland Drive was a re-worked script for an unaired TV pilot. It wasn't intended to be as complex as one of Lynch's feature films. It was intended to employ Lynchian elements, but not at the expense of viewership and ratings. Lynch put a lot of time and effort into Lost Highway, but it was too complex for the average viewer and went right over their heads. I believe that Mulholland Drive and the statements it made about Hollywood was a means for Lynch to stick it to the same people who crapped all over Lost Highway. "See, I made the same movie, toned down the weirdness and explained everything for you...now you all love it".

12. dmbrhs

dmbrhs

Dude, you can't just post that scene and expect the average NTer to respond to it logically. It means nothing without seeing the rest of the film. It's one of my Top 10 films of all time. It's incredible. But I'd never expect your average NTer to understand it, let alone that random scene.

13. sea manup

sea manup

will def check out the movie and get back to you OP

dont want to watch the clip and spoil anything 

14. donovandoesit

donovandoesit

This

15. JVII

JVII

Yeah... I definitely don't get it.

16. 00david00

00david00

Makes me want to check the film out.

17. rook

rook

I HATE the first guy who talks as a actor. Literally ever role he's in he's annoying

18. ill legal operation

ill legal operation

***** I ain't nobody's "kid" - my friends and I do this for a living...

...you're just a fan boy trying to be pretentious and give off the vibe that you know the slightest thing about film - like I said, that ******' movie sucked and all the money wasted making it should have been donated to charity.

we get money and flightman like this.
  19. slighted

slighted

Agreed on this. I'm a big fan of Lynch and think folks need to watch the film first (maybe even multiple viewings).

20. elpablo21

elpablo21

Dope flick