Music Festivals 2017

Going to Governor's Ball this Saturday with a bunch of friends. I also went last year, and it started raining and got really messy. I'm hoping the weather cooperates this year. I don't know how people manage to do 3 days. That's just too much for me. Or maybe I'm just old and washed up. I remember seeing a bunch of really young kids last year and feeling ancient, lol.
I was there also on Saturday when rain ****** everything up last year. it was kind of weird with all these potentially underage girls running around in bras and **** cause of the rain 
laugh.gif
 thinking of going this weekend

Lol, savage. Sounds like you had a good time. If there's a place to do something like that, Gov Ball is it.

Best of luck in the land of cheese and chocolate.

That's why I'm going haha.

I was there also on Saturday when rain ****** everything up last year. it was kind of weird with all these potentially underage girls running around in bras and **** cause of the rain :lol:  thinking of going this weekend

It was a hell of a time. My entire crew left but I stayed.

I was there also on Saturday when rain ****** everything up last year. it was kind of weird with all these potentially underage girls running around in bras and **** cause of the rain :lol:  thinking of going this weekend

I felt the same way. Part of me was like "Where are your parents?!" But these girls were running wild, lol.

If there is rain again, I want it to be during Childish Gambino's set, so I can scream "Stay Woke!" during a rainstorm.

this year was my first time at Coachella...

it was weird seeing all these teenage chicks in pasties and booty shorts :lol: :smh:

last time i went to coachella i saw tinashe there, she was about 15 or so.

this was when she was on a show on cartoon network that my lil bro watched.

im thinking about going next year since i still have fam out there, maybe i can get tix for free from my old contacts.

apart from coachella the acts i want to see live are flying lotus, tame impala, daft punk and maybe travis scott solely for the wildness.

i literally fell asleep during kendricks set from the yeezus tour in LA.

Last edited:
Went to California Roots Music and Art Festival 2017 last Saturday. It's a 3 day reggae festival in Monterey but I went to watch Nas :pimp:. Amp Live (1/2 of Zion I) opened for him.

Dopest show I've seen, waited all my life to see the great.

Last festival I went to was Outside Lands. This year, they're bringing A Tribe Called Quest :O

I've went to several EDC's, back when they had the last one in LA and first one in Vegas. Went to Rock the Bell twice, 2010 when they had Tribe, Wutang, etc..and the last one in 2013 when they had Bone thugs. Went to Art of Rap in 2015 I think, but they really made it smaller last year.

Last edited:
Went to California Roots Music and Art Festival 2017 last Saturday. It's a 3 day reggae festival in Monterey but I went to watch Nas :pimp:. Amp Live (1/2 of Zion I) opened for him.

Dopest show I've seen, waited all my life to see the great.

Last festival I went to was Outside Lands. This year, they're bringing A Tribe Called Quest :O

I've went to several EDC's, back when they had the last one in LA and first one in Vegas. Went to Rock the Bell twice, 2010 when they had Tribe, Wutang, etc..and the last one in 2013 when they had Bone thugs. Went to Art of Rap in 2015 I think, but they really made it smaller last year.
I'm missing out. The only venues I go to are the shoreline, a few in Oakland, and a few in the city.

I'll be at EDC as well. Doing Roots Picnic this weekend, then Bonnaroo, then EDC, taking a break, and then Electric Forest.

I got the festival passport so I'm taking full advantage of it.

Have you been to Forest or Roo before?

I'm missing out. The only venues I go to are the shoreline, a few in Oakland, and a few in the city.

I've made it a point to go see all my favorite artists when the opportunity comes up. I usually find deals if I look hard enough.

Funny thing is, I went to see Nas b/c I thought he wouldn't be touring for a while, come to find he's releasing an album this year and just announced a tour with Lauryn Hill (Oct 7 @ Shoreline)

Life is good with music, it's one thing I always look forward to as I'm just busy with school and work

I suggest checking out the app Bandsintown and bookmarking whatever acts you're interested in. I enjoy checking out different venues, and I'll even go by myself at times

Have you been to Forest or Roo before?

Nah, first time hitting those. Been to a ton of festivals tho.

anyone here buy that $800 music festival single pass? it lets you go in 90 music festivals this year... EDC, Nocturnal, Escape etc. are on the list.
i think it was sold on the 22nd. :nerd:

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/05/20/music-festivals-90-live-nation-pass/

I got it. I already spend a few grand on festivals anyway so it was a no brainier. I wish they would have included OVO Fest and Made In America tho.

Did Coachella this year for the 3rd and final time probably.

Hitting Roots Picnic this weekend for the first time...hyped for that.

Afropunk in BK in August

MIA in Sept

Austin City Limits in Oct

Hitting Caribana again this year and depending what the lineup look like this year might fade OVOFest.

I've made it a point to go see all my favorite artists when the opportunity comes up. I usually find deals if I look hard enough.

Funny thing is, I went to see Nas b/c I thought he wouldn't be touring for a while, come to find he's releasing an album this year and just announced a tour with Lauryn Hill (Oct 7 @ Shoreline)

Life is good with music, it's one thing I always look forward to as I'm just busy with school and work

I suggest checking out the app Bandsintown and bookmarking whatever acts you're interested in. I enjoy checking out different venues, and I'll even go by myself at times
Yeah honestly I'd be down to dolo it if it's an artist that I'm only interested in, such as Bossa Nova artists and Ellie Goulding, etc. Thanks for the info though, I'll definitely book some shows in advance.

Did Coachella this year for the 3rd and final time probably.

Hitting Roots Picnic this weekend for the first time...hyped for that.

Afropunk in BK in August

MIA in Sept

Austin City Limits in Oct

Hitting Caribana again this year and depending what the lineup look like this year might fade OVOFest.

I already got tickets to Toronto around July 21st. Air Canada Center does not have anything booked on that weekend so I hope they have OVO fest early this year and have it there.

Did Coachella week 1 (first time)

FYF fest, Sunday only. Wanted to get Sat tix for Frank & Tribe but tix sold out fast. I like the overall lineup on Sunday better

Camp flog Knaw, looking forward to the lineup Tyler puts out.

Has anyone gone to Life is Beautiful before? Been wanting to see Gorillaz live

FYF fest, Sunday only. Wanted to get Sat tix for Frank & Tribe but tix sold out fast. I like the overall lineup on Sunday better

we doing all the same festivals [emoji]128064[/emoji]

haven't been to LIB but my friends have been going since year 1 and like it.

im thinking bout going just to catch Sean Pauls set :lol:

Will also be doing FYF and CFG. I look forward to those two every year. Also attending either Hard Summer or Osheaga which are during the same weekend.

Coachella presale just went on sale. How much you think resale value on these will be since Beyoncé is already confirmed?

Back
Top Bottom