Music Festivals Are Life

I need to find on to go to this year since BUKU line up wasnt good and seems like Rock the Bells is never coming back

yeah iono bout all that camping nonsense but i did go to made in america and got front row with out camping :pimp:

Just got back from the Roots Picnic. Man... Erykah + The Roots were just phenomenal. Brought out the Lox and Freeway too. The jam sessions were great. But Erykah.. She was awesome. Joked with the crowd and twerked a lil too :lol: :pimp:.

ASAP and Rae Sremmurd were solid. ASAP did songs off the new album but personally not a big fan of it. Hiatus Kaiyote and Phantogram were great.

First time going and definitely would go again. But man it was beyond packed. Gotta see what that VIP situation is like.

Bonnaroo in about 10 days, cannot wait
smile.gif
Nice. Burning Man is three months away and that can't come soon enough.

Nice. Burning Man is three months away and that can't come soon enough.
Have you been before? It's not something that I would typically do, but just the whole premise of Burning Man is intriguing
Yeah I went last year. Life changing for sure. One of the top experiences of my life. I'll be sad the year I'm not able to go from here on out. Here's a couple of pics I took.

Last edited:
After Wanee, where you're embraced with life (trees, flowers, plants, birds, etc.), I can't imagine a festival in the desert. Has anyone who's been to Burning Man been to other sick camping festivals? 

Any comparisons? 

After Wanee, where you're embraced with life (trees, flowers, plants, birds, etc.), I can't imagine a festival in the desert. Has anyone who's been to Burning Man been to other sick camping festivals? 

Any comparisons? 
The other camping festival I've been to is Desert Hearts three times. It's great. Very small and intimate and up in the San Diego mountains. It's like a really tiny slice of Burning Man. The people all have the same vibe, but it's just one stage of House/Techno music that doesn't stop for 3 straight days. It's great.

Burning Man itself is like nothing else I've ever been to. It's not so much a festival as it's like moving to the most incredible city for a week. There's always something to do and you meet the best people. It's definitely a test of will, but believe me it's worth it. It's seriously an experience like no other. I know that's not very descriptive but I have a friend who had gone for years and years and he finally convinced me to go and I'd seen every picture and watched every movie and heard all the stories, and nothing even came close to giving me an idea of what it was until I got there and experienced it for myself. The other crazy thing about it is I was there for a week and I saw maybe 25% of it. There's just so much going on you could never see it all. If you have any interest in it at all you won't be disappointed I guarantee it.

The only advice I would give is definitely read blogs and other people's experiences as to what to bring and how to live out there for a week. Having someone who had been there multiple times was a huge help, but you definitely have to prepare, but the work is worth the reward.

I hate starting threads and haven't done so in a nice little while, so I figured I'd post here and bump this one since I haven't seen a thread about it, but is anyone heading to Bonnaroo this year? I'm planning on making my first trip there and I'm honestly more excited about this than anything I can remember, at least recently :lol:

If people are going and blah blah, I'll make a thread but if not, I'll just post here. Here's the line up for this year

Any tips or past experiences are definitely welcome, and if you go, let's meet up or something. Tap Tap Pull :nthat:

Wanee is actually coming up this weekend. Unfortunately it's the first Wanee seven years (if I remember correctly) I won't be at.

Widespread Panic headlining this year.

Last edited:
I hate starting threads and haven't done so in a nice little while, so I figured I'd post here and bump this one since I haven't seen a thread about it, but is anyone heading to Bonnaroo this year? I'm planning on making my first trip there and I'm honestly more excited about this than anything I can remember, at least recently :lol:

If people are going and blah blah, I'll make a thread but if not, I'll just post here. Here's the line up for this year

Any tips or past experiences are definitely welcome, and if you go, let's meet up or something. Tap Tap Pull :nthat:
I'm sadly not going this year, but have been 4 times. My advice is do as much as you possibly can, see as many shows as you can, even if it's a band you don't know, stay out for the late night sets even when your tired or you'll regret it, and drink lots and lots of water!! Have fun man. I'm jealous.

Oh and try to see a comedy show or two, they are fun and relaxing because they are in an air conditioned tent and a break from the heat during the day.

And check out the silent disco!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom