My 8 year-old sister just stumbled upon the basis of all philosphical questions regarding religion.

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

The seed of doubt has been planted.
pimp.gif

Nurture it, Mecks.

rkgnmerigneogjeog

thats my sister man, im not going to raise her, thats her parents job
laugh.gif

it just trips me out i never challenged what i believed until i was in my teens, she is already having complex thoughts
So you're just gonna let your little baby sister be lied to?

What if she grows up still believing it?

Please reconsider, amigo.

pimp.gif

Nurture it, Mecks.

rkgnmerigneogjeog

laugh.gif

it just trips me out i never challenged what i believed until i was in my teens, she is already having complex thoughts
So you're just gonna let your little baby sister be lied to?

What if she grows up still believing it?

Please reconsider, amigo.

pimp.gif

Nurture it, Mecks.

rkgnmerigneogjeog

laugh.gif

she wont believe your parents. Believe that

pimp.gif

Nurture it, Mecks.

rkgnmerigneogjeog

laugh.gif

she wont believe your parents. Believe that

Great question.
I would expect a Bible school teacher to take her to Genesis 1:1 [sup]1[/sup]In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
That's all that you can say about it.  Outside of that we know nothing.

It's not a hard question to answer.

My question to those that don't believe is why you're so passionate on keeping others from believing.

Great question.
I would expect a Bible school teacher to take her to Genesis 1:1 [sup]1[/sup]In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
That's all that you can say about it.  Outside of that we know nothing.

It's not a hard question to answer.

My question to those that don't believe is why you're so passionate on keeping others from believing.

i'd tell her to believe in whatever she wants to believe.but to also tell her that its not cool to put anyone down cause they believe in something else.to teach her to be humble and keep it moving.

i'd tell her to believe in whatever she wants to believe.but to also tell her that its not cool to put anyone down cause they believe in something else.to teach her to be humble and keep it moving.

Genesis 1:25-27 - And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

(Humans were created after the other animals.)

Genesis 2:18-19 - And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

(Humans were created before the other animals.)

So who came before whom?

Genesis also says the Earth was created before the stars and Sun. This is false.

Genesis's credibility shot? I think so.

Genesis 1:25-27 - And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

(Humans were created after the other animals.)

Genesis 2:18-19 - And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

(Humans were created before the other animals.)

So who came before whom?

Genesis also says the Earth was created before the stars and Sun. This is false.

Genesis's credibility shot? I think so.

I THINK IT'S FUNNY HOW MOST SCIENTISTS NOW SAY THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG ITSELF.

NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT FROM SCIENCE OR RELIGIOUS STANDPOINT. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN EVER BE ANSWERED BY HUMANS WHETHER WE WANT TO USE SCIENCE OR RELIGION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PARADOX....

I.E.

SCIENCE -

- EVERYTHING STARTED WITH AN INFINITELY SMALL POINT THAT EXPANDED.
- WELL WHERE DID THAT INFINITELY SMALL POINT COME FROM AND WHY DID IT CHOOSE TO EXPAND AT THE POINT THAT IT DID?
- THERE ARE DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES THAT THAT POINT SPRANG OUT OF.
- WELL WHERE DID THOSE DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES COME FROM?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS CAN GO ON FOREVER.

NOT TO MENTION THESE THEORIES CAN'T EVER BE PROVEN AS ADMITTED BY THE SCIENTISTS WHO PROPOSE THEM THEMSELVES. THIS SOUNDS LIKE DAMN RELIGION TO ME. THEY MAKE THESE CLAIMS WITH NO PROOF, BUT THEY SCOFF AT RELIGION? HMMMM....WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT?

RELIGION -

- GOD CREATED EVERYTHING.
- WHO CREATED GOD?
- AND IF YOU CAN SAY GOD IS CREATED THAN WHO CREATED THE CREATOR OF GOD?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS TOO CAN GO ON FOREVER.

IMO, ARGUING EITHER SIDE IS FUTILE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE, "WHO CREATED THE CREATOR" TYPE QUESTION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. EVENTUALLY, YOU COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE ONLY ANSWER IS, "IT JUST IS". SCIENTISTS TRIED THIS WITH THE BIG BANG AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THEIR OWN THEORY.

I THINK IT'S FUNNY HOW MOST SCIENTISTS NOW SAY THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG ITSELF.

NO MATTER HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT FROM SCIENCE OR RELIGIOUS STANDPOINT. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN EVER BE ANSWERED BY HUMANS WHETHER WE WANT TO USE SCIENCE OR RELIGION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A PARADOX....

I.E.

SCIENCE -

- EVERYTHING STARTED WITH AN INFINITELY SMALL POINT THAT EXPANDED.
- WELL WHERE DID THAT INFINITELY SMALL POINT COME FROM AND WHY DID IT CHOOSE TO EXPAND AT THE POINT THAT IT DID?
- THERE ARE DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES THAT THAT POINT SPRANG OUT OF.
- WELL WHERE DID THOSE DIMENSIONS/MULTIVERSES COME FROM?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS CAN GO ON FOREVER.

NOT TO MENTION THESE THEORIES CAN'T EVER BE PROVEN AS ADMITTED BY THE SCIENTISTS WHO PROPOSE THEM THEMSELVES. THIS SOUNDS LIKE DAMN RELIGION TO ME. THEY MAKE THESE CLAIMS WITH NO PROOF, BUT THEY SCOFF AT RELIGION? HMMMM....WHAT PART OF THE GAME IS THAT?

RELIGION -

- GOD CREATED EVERYTHING.
- WHO CREATED GOD?
- AND IF YOU CAN SAY GOD IS CREATED THAN WHO CREATED THE CREATOR OF GOD?

AND SO ON AND SO ON....THIS TOO CAN GO ON FOREVER.

IMO, ARGUING EITHER SIDE IS FUTILE BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE, "WHO CREATED THE CREATOR" TYPE QUESTION ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT. EVENTUALLY, YOU COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE ONLY ANSWER IS, "IT JUST IS". SCIENTISTS TRIED THIS WITH THE BIG BANG AND NOW THEY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THEIR OWN THEORY.

The problem with it is that we tend to superimposed ourselves onto "God." We are human; we are creators and we have a beginning and an end. So we apply these aspects to God, that God too is creator (Creation story ) and that God must have a beginning, just as we do. However, this is a naive belief if you think about what God is supposed to represent. The "multiverse" and "God" are very similar ideas; both involve concepts of eternity, which we cannot grasp because we cannot experience eternity. Do you know what it is like to be 110 years old?

Your sister is a very bright girl to raise such a question. However, God is not supposed to have a beginning. God has always been there. It is a concept that we cannot fathom because we have never experienced it.

The problem with it is that we tend to superimposed ourselves onto "God." We are human; we are creators and we have a beginning and an end. So we apply these aspects to God, that God too is creator (Creation story ) and that God must have a beginning, just as we do. However, this is a naive belief if you think about what God is supposed to represent. The "multiverse" and "God" are very similar ideas; both involve concepts of eternity, which we cannot grasp because we cannot experience eternity. Do you know what it is like to be 110 years old?

Your sister is a very bright girl to raise such a question. However, God is not supposed to have a beginning. God has always been there. It is a concept that we cannot fathom because we have never experienced it.

Originally Posted by spacerace

memphissfinest, turn the caps lock off brah. jesus christ.

O HERE WE GO AGAIN....
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

AT LEAST 5 JOCKERS A DAY...

I'M SORRY CAPS LOCKS MAKES YOU SO MAD AND RUINS YOUR DAY. WILL I CHANGE IT? NOPE.

SKIP THE POST....BRAH.

Back
Top Bottom