My brothers car got stolen

he was at home and his keys were on the coffee table. apparently all of them were asleep. he wakes up.at 8 am his tv xbox and car were missing. he didn't have full coverage on his car and no renters insurance. id there any way he can minimize his loses. it was a 2005 g35, in all about 23k in losses

Damn, I hate to say it but he is SOL. Who was there with him? Sounds like an inside job to me.

Who the hell has a 2005 G35 and doesn't have at least comprehensive coverage on their car? Collision maybe I can understand going without, but not comp.

Nothing you can do, but alert authorities and hope it doesn't end up being stripped.

Originally Posted by Square town 707

Who the hell has a 2005 G35 and doesn't have at least comprehensive coverage on their car? Collision maybe I can understand going without, but not comp.

Nothing you can do, but alert authorities and hope it doesn't end up being stripped.

he has just regular insurance... just not full coverage

Yeah...you know how they say insurance isn't worth it? This isn't one of those cases. Why in the hell does he not have full coverage on his car? I hate paying it too but crazy *#@# happens sometimes. Better safe than sorry. Renters insurance, I kinda understand but auto insurance, you might wanna get that.

Originally Posted by beh235

Yeah...you know how they say insurance isn't worth it? This isn't one of those cases. Why in the hell does he not have full coverage on his car? I hate paying it too but crazy *#@# happens sometimes. Better safe than sorry. Renters insurance, I kinda understand but auto insurance, you might wanna get that.

He has regular insurance just not full. Does that change anything

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

what the hell is "regular" insurance.  as far as i know, there isnt anything called regular insurance.

basic types of coverage include

liability - covers the loss of the other persons property/medical costs if you hit someone else.
collision - covers your loss if you hit someone else or someone else hits you and their coverage wont cover your loss
comprehensive - covers your loss in the event of something besides an accident (stolen, tree falls on it, flash flood causes water damage, etc...)

No, it doesn't. Many states require insurance. Whether it's full coverage or liability is up to the person.

Time to round up the goons

Cue Nas.g

one of your brothers "friends" were most likely involved

Originally Posted by odog24

one of your brothers "friends" were most likely involved

Mos def. Got @%** stolen from me a while back, found out it was one of "my dudes". Its always an inside job.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

inside job.

your bro is stupid. hope it was worth it to save those extra $50 each month.

Originally Posted by socluis90

inside job.

ok let's just call people stupid cuz you know everything... I like to leave faith in god and the overall good of mankind... I don't think it's an inside job st all. I think the guy got extremely lucky. my bro and ask his rates were at home. that would have been a really risky inside job. it's a college house so people and go in an out all the time.

Originally Posted by socluis90

inside job.

ok let's just call people stupid cuz you know everything...

....no one claims to know everything. but what we DO KNOW is that he was skimping on his insurance for a 2005 g35 thats now stolen.  like he said, hope it was worth it. however, this life lesson is priceless.

I like to leave faith in god and the overall good of mankind...

...oh. well in that case, just let 'god' take care of it. im sure everything will work out just fine.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

...oh. well in that case, just let 'god' take care of it. im sure everything will work out just fine. 

laugh.gif
.  dont put this on God.  he did his part.  he created the concept of car insurance.  you cant expect him to buy the policy for you.  

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

laugh.gif
.  dont put this on God.  he did his part.  he created the concept of car insurance.  you cant expect him to buy the policy for you.  

....my man said god AND the overall good of mankind. 
roll.gif
   they must live in Canada

I dont understand how you say its not an inside job. What crack head walks in someones house takes their tv and xbos and says oh the car keys on the table are for that clean g35 outside ill take that too. They went in knowing what they were doing and they knew he was asleep.

Any car you've spent over 15k in, should have full cover....all those other cheap insurances save them for a car you won't mind losing, some 3k hooptie, something that didn't cost you much....people try to cut corners and try to save money in the wrong places, let that be a learning experience to him.

That's exactly what we plan in doing. Hee has has got us this far in life and hasn't failed us yet. so reevaluate your life, because this little scenario is not making or breaking my family. God has given us a problem and a solution so we aren't struggling at all, it does hurt tho

no way they shouldve got a tv, 360, and a car in a random lick. especially if theres people in the house.

no insurance? only one way to solve this- see Discern's advice.
Edit - In b4 silly

Better start plannin' on wakin' up 2 hours earlier for work.

He gon' either be walkin' or takin' the bus in the A.M.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Better start plannin' on wakin' up 2 hours earlier for work.

He gon' either be walkin' or takin' the bus in the A.M.
ohwell.gif

yea I feel really bad for him. Its his senior year of college, so I'm sure this isn't how he wanted to end it. He was choose to be getting a new car soon too. Well see, the insurance might cover . if not he'll be driving a cheapo until hes done with grad school and can afford his own.

Back
Top Bottom