MY CAR INSURANCE IS TOO HIGH

I'm paying too much.  Which company is proven to give cheapest rates?  Anyone used to work for an insurance company and know the tricks of the trade to get lower quotes?
nerd.gif

I'm paying too much.  Which company is proven to give cheapest rates?  Anyone used to work for an insurance company and know the tricks of the trade to get lower quotes?
nerd.gif

I had State Farm about 6 months ago and I was paying 135 a month for 12 months..

I got a quote from Geico.com and it told me that my premium was gonna b 388.80 for 6 months
pimp.gif

So I switched in a heartbeat..

Geico and Liberty Mutual seem like the cheapest at the moment..from what i've researched..

I had State Farm about 6 months ago and I was paying 135 a month for 12 months..

I got a quote from Geico.com and it told me that my premium was gonna b 388.80 for 6 months
pimp.gif

Geico and Liberty Mutual seem like the cheapest at the moment..from what i've researched..

Insurance is expensive in New York. Rates mostly depend on ; Age, driving record, and frequency of accidents in the zipcode you live in, other factors are included too.

Best advice to give is tell the insurance company you drive 3,000 miles a year. Shop around too, Insurance rates vary vastly from company to company. I'd sell you insurance, but I'm in CA.

Originally Posted by dmxgod

pimp.gif

i got a quote from state farm for 3k a year basic with defensive driving, good student, and a bunch of other discounts applied already

Insurance is expensive in New York. Rates mostly depend on ; Age, driving record, and frequency of accidents in the zipcode you live in, other factors are included too.

Best advice to give is tell the insurance company you drive 3,000 miles a year. Shop around too, Insurance rates vary vastly from company to company. I'd sell you insurance, but I'm in CA.

Originally Posted by dmxgod

pimp.gif

i got a quote from state farm for 3k a year basic with defensive driving, good student, and a bunch of other discounts applied already

How old are you?

What kind of car do you drive?

Whats the year on your car?

How far did you say you drove from home to work??

How old are you?

Originally Posted by Square town 707

what insurance do you sell?

is there such a thing as an NT discount when it comes to insurance?

if you can beat my current premium at or above my coverage limits while offering solid customer service, I'd be down to switch.  2 cars + homeowners policy.

what insurance do you sell?

is there such a thing as an NT discount when it comes to insurance?

if you can beat my current premium at or above my coverage limits while offering solid customer service, I'd be down to switch.  2 cars + homeowners policy.

Originally Posted by djaward

How old are you?

Turned 24 yesterday

2006 Infiniti M45

I said I drive only on the weekeds <3,000mi/yr

Still about $5,000/yr
30t6p3b.gif

How old are you?

Turned 24 yesterday

2006 Infiniti M45

Still about $5,000/yr
30t6p3b.gif

You're telling him to commit fraud?  Even if you tell them that when you sign up they're going to ask you your mileage ever year.  Should you get in an accident and actually need it, you're SCREWED.  The point  of insurance is to offset any accidents, not get one over on yourself.

I have had AAA for the past 4 years.  It costs $1000 for two drivers and cars.  I also have a clean record and I've been out of school for several years now, so my rate has been dropping every year too.

You're telling him to commit fraud?  Even if you tell them that when you sign up they're going to ask you your mileage ever year.  Should you get in an accident and actually need it, you're SCREWED.  The point  of insurance is to offset any accidents, not get one over on yourself.

I have had AAA for the past 4 years.  It costs $1000 for two drivers and cars.  I also have a clean record and I've been out of school for several years now, so my rate has been dropping every year too.

Originally Posted by Mr718

How old are you?

Turned 24 yesterday

2006 Infiniti M45

Still about $5,000/yr
30t6p3b.gif

Any tickets with speeding or accidents. 
Your age and the car you have seems to be the reason why your car insurance is high. Where you located?? Try wawanesa insurance. 

How old are you?

Turned 24 yesterday

2006 Infiniti M45

Still about $5,000/yr
30t6p3b.gif

Your age and the car you have seems to be the reason why your car insurance is high. Where you located?? Try wawanesa insurance. 

How old are you?

Turned 24 yesterday

2006 Infiniti M45

Still about $5,000/yr
30t6p3b.gif

Bronx, NY
1 accident 8/08
1 voilation 8/08

Waiting for those to clear off to see if I can get some better rates. All these companies giving me about the same price range.  Im even telling them I have a Masters Degree and no luck
laugh.gif

Thinking about using a friends address.  Do they usually verify addresses?

How old are you?

Turned 24 yesterday

2006 Infiniti M45

Still about $5,000/yr
30t6p3b.gif

Bronx, NY
1 accident 8/08
1 voilation 8/08

Waiting for those to clear off to see if I can get some better rates. All these companies giving me about the same price range.  Im even telling them I have a Masters Degree and no luck
laugh.gif

Thinking about using a friends address.  Do they usually verify addresses?

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Maybe I should rephrase that. If you drive less than the national average of 12,000 miles make sure your insurance company knows this. We have many customers who are getting rated at a higher mileage when in reality they drive 3-5,000 miles a year, whether it be unemployed, carpooling etc. For anyone, if you don't drive that much, make sure your insurance company knows this, it will save you some money.

Also an insurance company will not deny a claim, simply because a policy is incorrectly rated. They will make the adjustments to your policy if you do have a claim when they find out about it. Too much legal ramification to deny a claim, because your mileage was off. They rather pay the claim than pay a lawyer and risk losing in court. AAA may ask mileage yearly, however many companies do not, again this varies by state.

Back
Top Bottom