My dog was attacked by another dog, the owner is denying responsibility, what can I do?

My dog was in the corner minding her
Own business and chewing on a stick. The other dog was doing its own thing and saw she had this stick and didn't like it and became aggressive.

Why did a Golden Retriever of all dogs attack your dog? Or were they playing and got too rough and pissed each other off?

That breed is docile & fun-loving for the most part.

I understand the owner can mold the dog but it is both nature & nurture that really make the dog.

Why did a Golden Retriever of all dogs attack your dog? Or were they playing and got too rough and pissed each other off?

Any dog can be dangerous. It's all dependent on the owner.

Pit Bulls get a bad rep, but they also happen to attract the ****tiest owners.

How does that change anything? Stick or no stick, the dogs weren't even near each other and the golden was totally unprovoked and went at my dog. And once again, if my dog did the same I would still take responsibility.

How does that change anything? Stick or no stick, the dogs weren't even near each other and the golden was totally unprovoked and went at my dog. And once again, if my dog did the same I would still take responsibility.

It doesn't.
I was just commenting on the breed.

Why can't the vet say the dog was attacked and then you can use that to take him to court if he doesn't pay up. At least it would put the guilt on his conscience. If he's trying to be a cop he's off to a good start.

Still waiting for the vet to see her.... I'm sure they will identify that she was attacked.

Make sure the doctor gives you paper work stating that the bite marks are indicative of an attack by another dog. If you've got his number, send him a message saying he should be expecting an official summons to the small claims court in the coming weeks, and then send a picture of the vet's paperwork, specifically focusing on the part that shows that the injuries are a result of an attack.

When he responds, say you have a witness to corroborate the attack.

Finesse, my g.

judgejudy.jpg

It might be a dog park but owners are responsible for their animals

I would have kicked the **** out that dog honestly

It's a dog park though, you assume the risk when you take your dog to a park open to other unleashed dogs big and small. They are animals at the end of the day and nature can kick in some times. It would be different if it was on a sidewalk where the dogs are supposed to be leashed.

so if I take a walk through a dog park and someones dog attacks me... I assumed the responsibility?

wut

My dog ended up being okay. It was a torn frenulum and they said it will heal on its own and she should only feel pain the first few hours (waited for like 3 and a half.) The trauma to her ear should be fine and she didn't require any antibiotics and they actually didn't even charge anything!

I'm still butthurt about how crappy of a person the owner of the dog has been. Smh. I got in contact with him
And he is straight denying his dog even bit my dog because quote on quote "his dogs head is to big to get inside my dogs mouth to bite anywhere in it" and dude hasn't apologized once.

Back
Top Bottom