My fellow bay area NTers, please help me locate a Wii....

I've been searching since the holidays and have yet to find one for retail. If any of you can point me where I can grab a console, I'd greatlyappreciate it.

Thanks.

i know someone selling it for $350 but thats about the price thats going around... if you want to buy it at a retail u missed todays Circuit city.. tho youwould have to be up by 6 am waitin in line for a voucher... anywhere else.. they rarely get shippments and unless you don't have a daytime job it will behard to get. People wait around for UPs guys everyday waiitn for wiis so your competing against a lot of resellers.

My co-worker has been looking for one forever. He ended up giving in and bought it from some dude on Craigslist for $375. It was the package that comes with 5sports games.

Do a preorder at Gamestop, and be patient, youll get it.

Or you can go the Craigslist route if you dont mind spending extra.

Best Buy gets occasionally shipments and I've had luck at the store on Geary st. in the city. Just ask them if & when they're looking to get morein. They usually get a decent shipment of the Wii's in when it's listed on their Sunday ad.

I know gamestop Serramonte is getting some this week.
My homegirl got hers by placing a raincheck at K-MART, it just took a little longer but they eventually got it for her.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Gamestop/EB Games are no longer taking pre-orders. I'd like to find one around San Jose area. Any others who can help me locate one, I'd appreciate it.

try going to your local walmart and put your name on the list. As soon as they get them in they call you and you go pick it up.

Originally Posted by sfgr415

My co-worker has been looking for one forever. He ended up giving in and bought it from some dude on Craigslist for $375. It was the package that comes with 5 sports games.

ah shulda told me. My friend sells these as a hobby and got me into it.. he sells them for $350 on craigs...

I work at a best buy in san jose. send me a message with your e-mail and i'll let you know when we get them in.

early sunday mornings.

i honestly wish i didnt buy my wii... it gets no love because of the xbox360.

Originally Posted by daprescription

I work at a best buy in san jose. send me a message with your e-mail and i'll let you know when we get them in.

Please check your PM. I just sent you a message.
Thanks.

toys r us is the place man.
i remember someone on nt mentioning that they get a lot of them and not that many ppl check there, but i didn't really think too much about it.
right around xmas i was going around to targets to look for wii's,
so i was at the target in foster city and when they didn't have any i was walking to my car and i noticed a toys r us next door,
it reminded me of the toys r us tip i had seen here on nt, so i went in and asked if they had any, and they had a bunch,
the guy who worked there said no one really asked about them there, the ppl who go there just ask about barbies and toy cars and stuff for younger kids.
so i busted out the credit card and walked out smiling and carrying a wii.
i don't know if that's still the case, more ppl may have caught on by now, but it's definitely worth checking out.

Aye just go to either BestBuy or Target in like 8 in the morning on a Sunday, cuz thats usually when they restock. It always switches from Target to Best Buywhere Im from so check out both.

My friend finally got his last week by going to Target almost every Sunday morning right when they open. He said they usually get a few but go fast sincethere are other people out there waiting too.

easy to get when they come out...

i work in the electronics department at target, and if you see it advertised in the ad thats released on saturday for the coming week, then we'll have themin stock that sunday morning. the last release, we had 48 Wii's, and the last one didn't sell until 11:30 that morning (3 1\2 hours after opening). ithink it has alot to do with ppl who want them already having them and resellers realizing that its not profitable to resell anymore.

it should be coming out again soon, as the last release 2 sundays have already passed and we get them about once a month. just keep an eye out.

bestbuy on in sunnyvale on el camino

they usually dont have them on display. you need to ask a worker there

Back
Top Bottom