Votes: 32 62.7%
  • Yes if it was free

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Yes if you paid me

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • No never.

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
Last year, my fiancee and I decided to put our own money, time and resources into making our first film together and it was a lot harder than we expected. We had a car accident on the last day of filming, scheduling issues, casting issues, Florida weather, and countless sleepless nights to finish editing, scoring and promoting the film... but we're super excited to finally release it online. Please support independent filmmaking!

We're releasing it on Father's Day!

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/dadfilm

Last edited:
Good job man, visually that looks like a legit quality film that would be in the theaters. Storyline looks very interesting. I'd pay 2 bucks to support. Messed up that it releases on father's day :lol:

Trailer looks good man.

If it's not too private, could you give a rough estimate of where the money went just out of curiosity?
I had a full on PDF but this is the rough estimate off the top of my head

$5,000 - Arri Alexa Mini/Equipment rental for 3 shooting days
($600) $150 a day for crew food
$1000 - Miscellaneous crew members
$1000 - Actors/Extras
$1000 - Film festival submissions
$400 - air bnbs

We were able to get a few extra thousand from private investors and one loan but the initial 10K was from savings/months of uber eats and grubhub lol/ freelance work and money that should have been towards our wedding but realized that we should invest in ourselves and careers first

Back
Top Bottom