my first subwoofer. (honda civic)

i might as well post mine with all the car posts basically this is my first car. and i just got to at least fit one in the trunk. this was done in thephilippines but i'm studying in london right now. and i haven't driven it for half a year first set-up
1_528487242l.jpg
289599680l.jpg
256498530l.jpg
859502901l.jpg
but i didn't like the bass coz the whole car was thumping since the box wasthe "ported" type so i changed it to sealed for better bass
1_227848089l.jpg
1_843290420l.jpg
but the we kind of got a misunderstanding on the design sowe redid it. and this was the outcome
1_590692773l.jpg
spent around $2000 overallwith a double din touchscreen dvd player from pioneer. focal polyglass v2 seps. and a kicker 12-inch solo baric you guys think it was a good price? commentsvery much welcome ...the car is a 2006 8th gen civic racing blue 2.0 Manual Transmission

I like it, but personally I would want two. I might be getting my first car soon and want to put two 12s in it but it will be no where near your set up lol

one is probably enough for me. haha turn it up and i already get headaches. not too much of a fan of bass.

Originally Posted by pntgio

I like it, but personally I would want two. I might be getting my first car soon and want to put two 12s in it but it will be no where near your set up lol
Im curious as to why you would want two? A single 12 with a decent output is plenty for a Honda Civic. Anyways, the install looks clean, I personallydon't like Focal because the tweets are very harsh. What double-din head-unit are you running?

Originally Posted by awash242

Double post
i forgot the model to tell you the truth. got it from a friend who didn't want it anymore it's from pioneer. and could play dvds. also added anipod jack to play from my ipod. definitely not the top of the line one. that one has a sick interface

Don't mean to thread jack, but to awash242 two 12s just seems more complete to me not only in looks but in sound. I like a more surround sound feel withtwo angled 12s.

that is not a 12 inch solobaric..it's a 12 inch cvx..that sub is suppose to be in a ported box..that's what its made for..not sealed..if u wantedbetter sq you shoulda looked into image dynamics..or jl audio, setup looks nice though..what amps are those?

oh yeah my bad. see im new to this. actually i liked how JL sounded much more but thing is its not strong enough because it's got a trunk. it's perfectfor a hatchback though for more pics of the car just click the album here htt://kingkongshong.multiply.com thanks

Originally Posted by ayo eggy

that is not a 12 inch solobaric..it's a 12 inch cvx..that sub is suppose to be in a ported box..that's what its made for..not sealed..if u wanted better sq you shoulda looked into image dynamics..or jl audio, setup looks nice though..what amps are those?
Sorry to tell you, but the CVX is not meant to be in a ported box. I've installed a bunch of them, and the installation is based completely on theapplication. Ported for SPL, and Sealed for SQ as with most subwoofers... There's a reason why Kicker has enclosure dimensions for both type of enclosuresin the CVX manual.

Don't mean to thread jack, but to awash242 two 12s just seems more complete to me not only in looks but in sound. I like a more surround sound feel with two angled 12s.
You may like the appearance of 2 twelves more, but thats the only "benefit". Two 12s is not going to give you more of surround sound feel atall. Two twelves powered by 1000 watts will sound almost identical to a single 12 capable of handling 1000 watts.

Originally Posted by af1pops12

Nice set up, I have 3 -12" woofers in my Accord.

that is seriously unnecessary.. i hate it when people have so much bass you can hear it inside another car..i want clarity and just enough bass to make itsound good..you dont need to wake up the neighborhood when drivin in your car..

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by af1pops12

Nice set up, I have 3 -12" woofers in my Accord.

that is seriously unnecessary.. i hate it when people have so much bass you can hear it inside another car..i want clarity and just enough bass to make it sound good..you dont need to wake up the neighborhood when drivin in your car..

co-sign

that is not a 12 inch solobaric..it's a 12 inch cvx..that sub is suppose to be in a ported box..that's what its made for..not sealed..if u wanted better sq you shoulda looked into image dynamics..or jl audio, setup looks nice though..what amps are those?
Sorry to tell you, but the CVX is not meant to be in a ported box. I've installed a bunch of them, and the installation is based completely on the application. Ported for SPL, and Sealed for SQ as with most subwoofers... There's a reason why Kicker has enclosure dimensions for both type of enclosures in the CVX manual.

What i meant was..the cvx sounds at its best in a ported box..yes you can put any sub in a sealed box..doesn't mean its meant for it though..kickersare basically spl subwoofers..even though its possible to get some sq out of them if installed properly

Don't mean to thread jack, but to awash242 two 12s just seems more complete to me not only in looks but in sound. I like a more surround sound feel with two angled 12s.
You may like the appearance of 2 twelves more, but thats the only "benefit". Two 12s is not going to give you more of surround sound feel at all. Two twelves powered by 1000 watts will sound almost identical to a single 12 capable of handling 1000 watts.

Wrong..it'll be louder due to more cone area..not by much though
shong wrote:

oh yeah my bad. see im new to this. actually i liked how JL sounded much more but thing is its not strong enough because it's got a trunk. it's perfect for a hatchback though for more pics of the car just click the album here htt://kingkongshong.multiply.com thanks
you probably never seen or heard of the w7 then

Sorry to tell you, but the CVX is not meant to be in a ported box. I've installed a bunch of them, and the installation is based completely on the application. Ported for SPL, and Sealed for SQ as with most subwoofers... There's a reason why Kicker has enclosure dimensions for both type of enclosures in the CVX manual.

What i meant was..the cvx sounds at its best in a ported box..yes you can put any sub in a sealed box..doesn't mean its meant for it though..kickers are basically spl subwoofers..even though its possible to get some sq out of them if installed properly
You're wrong, but it's pointless to argue with you because of your ignorance. Like I said before, it's dependent on the application, andcan sound very good in either enclosure. It is not "meant" to be in one enclosure more than the other.

What i meant was..the cvx sounds at its best in a ported box..yes you can put any sub in a sealed box..doesn't mean its meant for it though..kickers are basically spl subwoofers..even though its possible to get some sq out of them if installed properly
You're wrong, but it's pointless to argue with you because of your ignorance. Like I said before, it's dependent on the application, and can sound very good in either enclosure. It is not "meant" to be in one enclosure more than the other. Educate yourself, I've been installing for a looooooong time.

Im the same person whom you've co-signed with before in numerous other car audio topics now im ignorant
laugh.gif
yes you are right, it is all dependent on application and install.. what im saying is he couldhave easily chosen a more suitable driver for a sealed SQ install...the cvx would've performed better in a ported box

You're wrong, but it's pointless to argue with you because of your ignorance. Like I said before, it's dependent on the application, and can sound very good in either enclosure. It is not "meant" to be in one enclosure more than the other. Educate yourself, I've been installing for a looooooong time.

Im the same person whom you've co-signed with before in numerous other car audio topics now im ignorant
laugh.gif
yes you are right, it is all dependent on application and install.. what im saying is he could have easily chosen a more suitable driver for a sealed SQ install...the cvx would've performed better in a ported box
laugh.gif
I guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this subject, even though we've agreed on other. I agree that there are subs that are meantfor SPL and should be ported, but I think the CVX is pretty neutral and could sound good either way. Its all good though. Car Audio is about your own personalsound preference, theres no right or wrong answer.

Back
Top Bottom