My friend got killed last night. [Chicago]

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Why yall mad at me?

Like Crank said, what his mother said sounded like the dude was involved in something shady like gangs or drugs. And you know if you were to be involved in something like that, you sure has hell wouldn't let your mom find out. His lifestyle had become so flagrantly shady that his mom had to intervene on facebook!

His mom knew that what he was doing was putting him in grave danger.
An 18 year-old young man LOST HIS LIFE.  That is a tragedy regardless of the circumstances.  Your comments reveal your lack of insight, perception, and ultimately empathy about life in these communities for young people of color...

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Shot in his head? On his porch? It sounds like a common occurrence that takes place in a hood in any part of the country. 
Where I was raised, when an instance like this occurred, the victim had always been known for partaking in lewd activity to some degree, anyway. There was really no conceivable way for me to feel sorry for them. But of course, this is where I'm from. I'm sure some of you guys are from areas where victims of crimes like this are usually angels, or people who make attempts to stay out of trouble. 
So someone has to be an angel for it to be a tragedy when they get killed?  $++! out of here.  This was a KID fam.  No one is perfect, period, and some people grow up in an environment where their daily survival is in constant question... which it seems you know nothing about based on your comments.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Y'all are too funny to me... When TIP got 11 months for drug possession...y'all called him an idiot. But when someones gets shot for "living that life" and someone points it out...y'all get all sensitive and call the person who pointed his lifestyle out an idiot.

Its obvious that buddy was into that street life... that street life can only lead to 2 places... in a grave or in a cell... So in reality...he did bring this onto himself. Its a sad situation, but its a very true statement.

RIP to him though... and God bless his loving mother.
TIP was an idiot for that.  This man is a multi-millionaire... one of the VERY few who "made it" from his environment in the biggest way possible.  He just caught a hell of a deal on some charges that could have put his away for over a decade... then he gets out and gets caught with drugs... no one is perfect but that @+@# is idiotic.

This was a kid trying to navigate and survive in a very rough community... not a millionaire who blows his second and third chances.

Why yall mad at me?

Like Crank said, what his mother said sounded like the dude was involved in something shady like gangs or drugs. And you know if you were to be involved in something like that, you sure has hell wouldn't let your mom find out. His lifestyle had become so flagrantly shady that his mom had to intervene on facebook!

An 18 year-old young man LOST HIS LIFE.  That is a tragedy regardless of the circumstances.  Your comments reveal your lack of insight, perception, and ultimately empathy about life in these communities for young people of color...

Shot in his head? On his porch? It sounds like a common occurrence that takes place in a hood in any part of the country. 
Where I was raised, when an instance like this occurred, the victim had always been known for partaking in lewd activity to some degree, anyway. There was really no conceivable way for me to feel sorry for them. But of course, this is where I'm from. I'm sure some of you guys are from areas where victims of crimes like this are usually angels, or people who make attempts to stay out of trouble. 
So someone has to be an angel for it to be a tragedy when they get killed?  $++! out of here.  This was a KID fam.  No one is perfect, period, and some people grow up in an environment where their daily survival is in constant question... which it seems you know nothing about based on your comments.

Y'all are too funny to me... When TIP got 11 months for drug possession...y'all called him an idiot. But when someones gets shot for "living that life" and someone points it out...y'all get all sensitive and call the person who pointed his lifestyle out an idiot.

Its obvious that buddy was into that street life... that street life can only lead to 2 places... in a grave or in a cell... So in reality...he did bring this onto himself. Its a sad situation, but its a very true statement.

TIP was an idiot for that.  This man is a multi-millionaire... one of the VERY few who "made it" from his environment in the biggest way possible.  He just caught a hell of a deal on some charges that could have put his away for over a decade... then he gets out and gets caught with drugs... no one is perfect but that @+@# is idiotic.

This was a kid trying to navigate and survive in a very rough community... not a millionaire who blows his second and third chances.

Did yall not read his mothers plea?... There's his Chance to get out of that lifestyle right there...

Sure, he probably was trying to survive the mean streets of Chicago....but it seems like he was making it hard for others to survive too.

Live by the Gun, Die by the Gun...point blank...period

I've heard this story too many times before. Its a big cycle of gang retaliation...

Did yall not read his mothers plea?... There's his Chance to get out of that lifestyle right there...

Sure, he probably was trying to survive the mean streets of Chicago....but it seems like he was making it hard for others to survive too.

Live by the Gun, Die by the Gun...point blank...period

I've heard this story too many times before. Its a big cycle of gang retaliation...

RIP
im from chicago and its getting really really old listening to all the bad stuff happening all the time

RIP
im from chicago and its getting really really old listening to all the bad stuff happening all the time

i was just in chicago this weekend and dude at sneakerpimps was talking about how chicago cats gotta stop all that senseless killing.

it's the same way here in st. louis, senseless murders because cats get trapped in that mindset that they can't do better.

it's sad and for many it's true, aint the life they chose but it's the life they live. the few that make it out, make it out and others get claimed by the hood.

young cats die everyday b, and it's sickening.

i was just in chicago this weekend and dude at sneakerpimps was talking about how chicago cats gotta stop all that senseless killing.

it's the same way here in st. louis, senseless murders because cats get trapped in that mindset that they can't do better.

it's sad and for many it's true, aint the life they chose but it's the life they live. the few that make it out, make it out and others get claimed by the hood.

young cats die everyday b, and it's sickening.

yo i been thru all dat sh*t and worse. I done !!!* that you only see in movies, And you never realize how far you've taken things for a couple bucks or a little respect until you hit rock bottom. thats when you realize your stupidlity and that your genuinly lucky to be alive im 1000% sure I would've been dead by now. the streets is cruel its every man for themself no matter what you think. im happy i left all that sh*t behind me and now i can actualy be a brother to my little sisters and a son to my stepfather and my mom. what im trying to say is no one thinks they are gonna die until they hit rock bottom.. and damn he got killed in his own porch looks like one of his boys sold him for a small amout of drugs or a couple dollas. smh

yo i been thru all dat sh*t and worse. I done !!!* that you only see in movies, And you never realize how far you've taken things for a couple bucks or a little respect until you hit rock bottom. thats when you realize your stupidlity and that your genuinly lucky to be alive im 1000% sure I would've been dead by now. the streets is cruel its every man for themself no matter what you think. im happy i left all that sh*t behind me and now i can actualy be a brother to my little sisters and a son to my stepfather and my mom. what im trying to say is no one thinks they are gonna die until they hit rock bottom.. and damn he got killed in his own porch looks like one of his boys sold him for a small amout of drugs or a couple dollas. smh

wow i cant picture just how bad this might be on a mom
especially at 18
so young a full life in front of him
such a tragedy R.I.P!!
my heart goes out to his family

wow i cant picture just how bad this might be on a mom
especially at 18
so young a full life in front of him
such a tragedy R.I.P!!
my heart goes out to his family

That's sad
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by red mpls

Why yall mad at me?

I want to intervene here...
1. What does color have to do with anything? 
alien.gif
 His insight and perception are very realistic. The young man might have lost his life but it was because he was involved in some danger situations. Situations that his WISE mother warned him about. So in all actuality, he gambled his life away and lost. Unfortunate yes, crossing the line when pointed out, no. No one is being disrespectful to the departed.

2. His death might not constitute tragedy to some of us but it's a tragedy for his FAMILY. His selfishness has dropped a bomb on those that loved him dearly. Myself, I grew up in a bad neighborhood of Chicago. As an 18 year old, I CHOSE to stay out of trouble and never got involved in the bad activities around me. Not because I was scared but because I knew where it leads 99% of the time.

3. The way to navigate and survive to get out of a bad community is to completely alienate yourself from your environment and create your own. He was warned by his own mother. It's not difficult to find groups or clubs that advocate the right thing. EVERY community has them. Very FEW young people utilize these organizations. It's just easier to try and do the wrong thing instead, I guess.

I'm a prime example of someone that CHOOSES to live their life away from all the turmoil that the hood holds. I'm not perfect in anyway because I make mistakes. Probably more than others but I knew at an early age that I wasn't going to live "that life." It just doesn't pay out the way one would like.

Back
Top Bottom