My MarqueeSole experience

i refuse to pay retail for most sneakers, let alone 3 times retail price to get the shoes sooner than someone else. in the end its still the same pair of shoes.

You do have to be careful of a lot of the overseas sites. But I have ordered from Air-Knight twice now and the shoes are 100% authentic and everything was smooth sailing with them. 

Marqueesole has been doing shoddy business for years. They charge $30 + to ship packages from NYC. The packages are not shipped from overseas. The guy who runs it is named Kim and he was using 160jordansdeep as a middle man for years on this site. He got me on the CDP XVI's a few years ago and I posted all of his info on here. I don't why people still roll the dice for his D grade kicks.

Seeing all these ppl with 2 - 12 posts riding for Air Knight is suspect as all f**k's ... all in all, know the gamble you're making when you decide to play into the early orders. If you win, you win. If you lose, don't come here crying because you should have done your research and been fully aware of what you were getting into.

Originally Posted by ArmorRig

umm, his footer is selling his DS pair for less than retail shipped. The "reseller" most people despise are the one's buying out multiple pairs to resell at a profit (at least x2).

Ummm he's asking for $180, the retail on the Swingmans were $170 flat, I live in NJ so no sales tax.

my boy keeps tellin me bout "air knight" but i'll pass. same as marqueesole ... i have heard that kix-files is 100% legit, pre-orders included, shipping is like $24-$30 buck tho.

Originally Posted by CaptainSneakerhead23

Originally Posted by ArmorRig

umm, his footer is selling his DS pair for less than retail shipped. The "reseller" most people despise are the one's buying out multiple pairs to resell at a profit (at least x2).

Ummm he's asking for $180, the retail on the Swingmans were $170 flat, I live in NJ so no sales tax.

and your point? Not everyone lives in New Jersey. I don't know where the guy lives, 170 + 10 for shipping would feel like buying in your state but getting it shipped to mine.  

Originally Posted by bnice03

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Gents, you would be surprised at the number of people with disposable income who will pay $750 for them.
Why, because they have the money and for them spending time searching the internet to save a few bucks means nothing to them.
To the average Joe a hundred or two saved is a lot of money but to many people people it's like change in their pockets.

Therefore, I have no doubts that bnice sells his kicks for $750. I respect his hustle because he is still earning his money with
honest, hard work.

Wow, thank you kind sir.  I was going to explain exactly what you just described but it sounds so much better coming from another member like yourself.  Funny thing is, I used to be one of these guys who had to have a particular shoe no matter what the cost.  Now my recent financial downturn doesn't allow  me to do that anymore obviously.  I'm still a collector first and foremost so selling kicks does support my habit in a way as well as providing me some much needed income in these hard times.   It was my wife who gave me the idea to start this.  Little did I know that I would have been as successfull at it.  My initial goal was just to sell one or two kicks every release virtually paying for the one pair I kept for myself.  Next thing I'm buying 5-10 pairs, 10-20 pairs and so on.  In the year I've been doing this I've met a ton of interesting people and built a solid network of sneakerheads.  You'd be surprised at some of the people I come across that you'd never expect to be true sneakerheads.

How long do you intend to keep on reselling? It seems like there are more and more people getting into the reselling business like yourself and eventually your margins will decrease. Furthermore, Nike keeps increasing the MSRP of their product which will subsequently eat into your profit margins. But the bigger question is, how long have these 'sneakerheads' you've met actually been 'sneakerheads'? The fact that they're dropping $700+ for just released kicks leads me to believe that they're 'hypebeasts' as opposed to 'sneakerheads'.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

It's not about homework or research or whatever.  I buy a lot of shoes from a lot of retailers, ebay, etc. I'm simply posting this to help others who are considering buying shoes from MarqueeSole.  I've always been curious myself about this site.  My $$$ is covered under Paypal protection so I'm not overly concerned about getting my money back.  I'm just interested in hearing if anyone has had any or heard of any similiar experiences. 

THIS WHOLE ISSUE WAS BEATEN TO DEATH BY ME AND OTHERS IN THE CONCORD THREAD MANY TIMES. MARQUEESOLE AND MOST OF THOSE OVERSEAS CHINA SITES SELLS FAKES, BGRADES, WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL THEM FOR HIGH PRICES BECAUSE "YOU ARE GETTING THEM EARLY".

I WOULD EVEN GO AS FAR AS SAYING NONE OF THE EARLY SELLING SITES BASED IN CHINA ARE LEGIT. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

MANY PEOPLE WOULD SWEAR BY THEM BUT I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON FROM THEM AND AIR RANDY/\ A.K.A. AIR KNIGHT NOW
laugh.gif
, VMV, PROMO SHOES, ETC, ETC.

BUYER BEWARE. TAKE IT AS A LESSON LEARNED.

People are in denial i agree with you memph. Everything about Air Randy (dont know his new site name) is sketchy. This has been said many times before, but people dont want to listen.

I got played by JStar 25. He seemed like an honest cat and his real vs. fake segment in his youtube vids were on point. On his site SSB.com they had ads for mentalkicks and Cali sole.com. I ordered Concords from them and yup B-grades. The pods on the sole don't line up properly. But I didnt notice they were fake until weeks later. I copped TBIII's thinking my Cords were legit at first. The TBIII were fake, material was off and they just didn't seem right. So i decided to just rock them as beaters. The blue on mid sole started to rub of and fade into white..fake fake fake fake fake...smh

I copped Cool Grey XI's off Cali Sole. They looked perfect until I further inspected the shoe and compared them to pics online. Come to find out the 23 on the back is narrow as +%@%. Straight B-Grades...SMMFH so thats about 700$+ I spent thinking they were legit. I could have used that to actually buy legit pairs. Got *+*#%% learned my lesson and never again.

Originally Posted by PeekThaSneaks

I got played by JStar 25. He seemed like an honest cat and his real vs. fake segment in his youtube vids were on point. On his site SSB.com they had ads for mentalkicks and Cali sole.com. I ordered Concords from them and yup B-grades. The pods on the sole don't line up properly. But I didnt notice they were fake until weeks later. I copped TBIII's thinking my Cords were legit at first. The TBIII were fake, material was off and they just didn't seem right. So i decided to just rock them as beaters. The blue on mid sole started to rub of and fade into white..fake fake fake fake fake...smh

I copped Cool Grey XI's off Cali Sole. They looked perfect until I further inspected the shoe and compared them to pics online. Come to find out the 23 on the back is narrow as +%@%. Straight B-Grades...SMMFH so thats about 700$+ I spent thinking they were legit. I could have used that to actually buy legit pairs. Got *+*#%% learned my lesson and never again.
funny story, I saw Jstar at DXC Chicago a few weeks back. my sister knows him

just make it simple if u don't want to get b grade , over glue staining, grey kicks just don't order it from early release website such as vmvinc, air randy, marquesole, soleawesome, mentalkicks , etc you have to extremely precaution if u buy from those online websites based on HK-China region. maybe sometimes you get legit pairs and in very nice condition but most of time you will get grey type of shoes and they charge it over retail price of course

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Gents, you would be surprised at the number of people with disposable income who will pay $750 for them.
Why, because they have the money and for them spending time searching the internet to save a few bucks means nothing to them.
To the average Joe a hundred or two saved is a lot of money but to many people people it's like change in their pockets.

Therefore, I have no doubts that bnice sells his kicks for $750. I respect his hustle because he is still earning his money with
honest, hard work.

Wow, thank you kind sir.  I was going to explain exactly what you just described but it sounds so much better coming from another member like yourself.  Funny thing is, I used to be one of these guys who had to have a particular shoe no matter what the cost.  Now my recent financial downturn doesn't allow  me to do that anymore obviously.  I'm still a collector first and foremost so selling kicks does support my habit in a way as well as providing me some much needed income in these hard times.   It was my wife who gave me the idea to start this.  Little did I know that I would have been as successfull at it.  My initial goal was just to sell one or two kicks every release virtually paying for the one pair I kept for myself.  Next thing I'm buying 5-10 pairs, 10-20 pairs and so on.  In the year I've been doing this I've met a ton of interesting people and built a solid network of sneakerheads.  You'd be surprised at some of the people I come across that you'd never expect to be true sneakerheads.

How long do you intend to keep on reselling? It seems like there are more and more people getting into the reselling business like yourself and eventually your margins will decrease. Furthermore, Nike keeps increasing the MSRP of their product which will subsequently eat into your profit margins. But the bigger question is, how long have these 'sneakerheads' you've met actually been 'sneakerheads'? The fact that they're dropping $700+ for just released kicks leads me to believe that they're 'hypebeasts' as opposed to 'sneakerheads'.

Please read my responses clearly.  You see the words "$700" and "sneakerhead" and imediately make an association between the two.  I never said that.  Once again, let's not make ASSUMPTIONS here.  I don't only sell to pure sneakerhead enthusiasts.  Nor did I say that the ONLY shoes I sell are shoes that are are priced up to 3x retail???  I come across a all types of sneaker collectors. And the prices will vary, at times I sell at retail or even below retail depending on the shoe. Other shoes such as these South Beaches may be priced ups to 3x retail (demand + early release = more $$$, simple economics my friend).  My targeted price point is always one that is lower than the other resellers out there, otherwise its not worth it to me.    
This intent of this thread is to provide info to assist buyers in their buying decisions.  If you want to start a thread to have a p*ssing contest between those who dispise resellers the most, please by all means do so.

Damn hope you get your money back. I wouldn't trust marqueesole either. I got a pair of royal 1's and they looked legit but if you look close and compare them to other 1's they are to off. The air jordan brand on the side it to far away from the corner the Nike logo on the bottom was supposed to be more to the edge. And what really convinced me was the tongue. The size tag that shows the size is suppose to touch the tag above and no cloth should be showing. And now the box it looks legit as well but the price was sticking to the box when it's supposed to be loose. And the "R" that are in the circle are suppose to have a round edge at the bottom of the R and these had pointed R's at the bottom. I bought these about 7 months ago and was just thinking about rocking them today and compared them to my black toes and shadow 1's. The black toe and shadow all checked out to be legit and because they came from NIKE but never again will I buy from marquee sole.

Back
Top Bottom