MY NT World travelers- going to Paris, Italy and England

NT, just looking to hear what your advice is on what not to miss or what to pick up while in these European countries. Thanks for any input

how do you NT dudes travel so much
indifferent.gif
jelly

When are you going?

I'm going to Italy next month. First time there. I either want feedback from you or vice versa.

In Paris make sure you go to the Palace of Versailles. I honestly believe you can miss any other tourist attraction, but this is probably one of my favorite place in the world. The only problem is that you can't go anywhere you want, and I seriously would pay a ridiculous amount of money just to explore.

You probably know everywhere else to go, and despite the fact that I'm a big fan of art, and I go to museums in every city that I go to, I would avoid the Louvre. It's really not worth the time/aggravation.

My other Paris advice is to know where you are going, learn some French (conversational stuff, just in case you have questions, because if you try to only speak in English, there is a chance they will pretend they don't understand you), and BE SUPER AWARE if you are using the metro. There are goons that will catch you if you are slipping.

If you are going in London, there are so many places to go, and I don't know who you're going with and what you like to do, but I personally prefer going out in Camden. Lots of girls, lots of bars, lots of fun.

Went to london in Jan, make sure you ride the london eye & check out the museums, they were free when I went. I also walked in bout noon & picked up 2 pairs of concords at Niketown london
pimp.gif

There's A LOT of places to visit in Italy. Rome alone would take up several days for the must-see sights (Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, St. Peter's Square/Vatican City, etc.). There's also the leaning towers of Pisa in Florence. city of Pompeii in Naples, Grand Canal in Venice, Milan for designer brand shopping, etc. Took a cruise last summer around Italy and had a blast, but couldn't visit all the sights I wanted to since time was limited for each city. 

for italy

they use ALOT less cheese on the pizza in italy. if you smoke look for the tabaccheria, no newports or blunts tho. rome and naples are dope. dont try to run down mt. vesuvius. the huge donuts they sell in the morning are crack.

europe in general:

know some of the language, at least basic phrases/words. if you plan on bringing an ipod/laptop you might need a plug adapter or power converter. the hours of business vary from country/city, def not on a us schedule. you will stick out as an american. 

i love thrifting in paris, last time i was there i scored some nice stuff in the bastille area just google vintage stores in paris there are a bunch. i've been to all of those countries at least 5 times with the exception of england only twice and what i like to do is just pick a stop on the metro that you know is in a lively area and just walk around all day, eat at the place with the most people, and try everything. in rome try the tripe, in paris try the tartare.

in paris its free to go to the louvre if ur a student but buy your ticket online because the line is long AF. in rome the vatican is crazy packed.
where in italy are you going though? my favorite place in italy is como/lugano area in the north my dad had a few properties there its so beautiful, i personally prefer northern italy over southern, people, food, weather much better. if you get the chance to visit the coast of italy definitely check out cinque terra, absolutely amazing.

if u stop over in switzerland smoke some of the trees in geneva, i go to school in switzerland and go to geneva every two/three weeks for a re up and i swear the ganja over there is out of this world, because swiss law allows you to grow four plants legally in your home, everything is homegrown and everything is dank.

oh and in italy, get the pizza with the egg on top not sure what its called but its amazing

oh and u don't need to know how to sing or recite poetry in french or italian but at least know introductory phrases and essential phrases i.e. excuse me how much does this cost, or but even knowing hellos and thank yous are fine, as long as u show a little effort in the local language then switch to english they're more receptive towards you, especially in italy. though in france more people know english at least from what I've encountered.

in paris and in rome use the metro systems its cheap and easy and gets u everywhere.

in milan dont.. in milan DONT LOOK ANY BLACK PEOPLE IN THE EYE AND SAME WITH THE BANGLADESHI PEOPLE THEY ARE ALL THIEVES I'm NOT being racist, there are exceptions but when u get there u will see, they work in pacts and pickpocket for a living its not a joke they stole my dads laptop out of his laptop bag in our car that was locked and attempted to pickpocket my sister. be careful in milan srsly. prolly the only city in the world I've encountered such widespread pickpocketry (but i haven't traveled south america much yet so idk)

Originally Posted by FOOLIO

oh and u don't need to know how to sing or recite poetry in french or italian but at least know introductory phrases and essential phrases i.e. excuse me how much does this cost, or but even knowing hellos and thank yous are fine, as long as u show a little effort in the local language then switch to english they're more receptive towards you, especially in italy. though in france more people know english at least from what I've encountered.

in paris and in rome use the metro systems its cheap and easy and gets u everywhere.

in milan dont.. in milan DONT LOOK ANY BLACK PEOPLE IN THE EYE AND SAME WITH THE BANGLADESHI PEOPLE THEY ARE ALL THIEVES I'm NOT being racist, there are exceptions but when u get there u will see, they work in pacts and pickpocket for a living its not a joke they stole my dads laptop out of his laptop bag in our car that was locked and attempted to pickpocket my sister. be careful in milan srsly. prolly the only city in the world I've encountered such widespread pickpocketry (but i haven't traveled south america much yet so idk)

LmaO at the dramatic pause, but I guess your post explains your av now, I thought you were black

no but i look black to 90% of the population i see countless women grab their purses when i walk by and its okay id do the same 

Back
Top Bottom