My parents are starting a church...

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

why would you teach other religions?? there is nothing wrong w/it but if those people chose to be apart of your church i'm sure they don't want to learn about the other religions...
And that's EXACTLY what church is all about
happy.gif
?

people go to church to learn about their own religion, not the religion of others.
that's what i meant...

In this day and age interfaith programs and educating people that other ways of belief are not "wrong" or "pagan" is absolutely imperative for every church. I mean, doesn't it strike you as wrong for the three largest Abrahamic religions not to get along and have some of their members think the other is "wicked" in some way?
Of course its a bad thing that other religions don't get along. But I don't go to a Baptist church to learn about Catholicpractices/beliefs. If I wanted that I would go to a Catholic church.

i think yall need to have some fine breezies in the congregation.

i like seeing bad brauds in church... it gives me faith....

i say you guys be less strict on bible bible bible stuff, and make it to where it's christian based, but anyone can go there and understand what you'resaying.

take tips from joel osteen, he's probably the most successful priest in the world.

i'm muslim and i look forward to his show!

good luck man...

Anyway. They are trying to start a church that is different from any other church. What are some things that you like about your church and things that youwould want to avoid. I would love it to be more about personal salvation than religion. How would I go about that, because while I see the difference I but what would be the best way to explain that.
If they want to start a church thats different the first thing I would recommend is that they go back to the old traditional ways of what of achurch meant to people and their communities.It was more than just a building,house,structure were people came to worship the lord but it was a safe-haven,agathering place...etc.
Avoid everything that you think will make it more of a production rather than a place for the lord.Open the doors and everything else should follow afterthat.....

I was thinking that in "sunday school" they should teach kids more than just the same old stories that they have been learning for years. When holidays come up they should try and teach people everything they can about that holiday i.e the pagan side, the religious side etc. They should teach about other religions so that as children as well as adults will be able to see different views.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah right. I seriously doubt your parents, your friends parents, and thoseolder church members are going to be that open minded. Wishfull thinking....

This thread is hilarious. All yall cats postin' all that noise will be the first one's
crying to God if somethin' happened to you, your family, or a friend.
This is exactly the reason your parents want to start a church,
because the youth today think God is a genie, and prayer is a magic potion.

For the cats talkin' about its all about the dollars, you ain't trippin' on
the local dope dealer gettin' paid, so why is it a crime for religious leaders to get paid?

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

Jim Jones?
That grape cool-aid tasted great. Even with the cyanide. I think i have tolerance for that like i do my alcohol.

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

27f1594964c394c986cbb36a32215933f11af14.gif
but seriously your parents probably have goodintentions right now, but as soon as those large checks start coming in, things will change. You'll start out small then the next thing you know you got a100 room building with a McDonalds and a Starbucks in the basement. To quote my favorite Professor, "If you want to get rich, start a religion."

Back
Top Bottom