My PC Got A Virus/Malware from NT

Question for my PC experts I'm having problems with some spyware/malware. One in particular named: "Desktop Defender 2010". I was wondering ifyou knew of any spyware removal programs that would detect and remove it because the one I have didnt do the job.

EDIT: since there are more people who are having the same issue regarding their PC getting Virus/Malware from NT I decided to change the name of the thread.

right click on it go to properties and find out where it's located then come back here with that info

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

NTers dont believe in google..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-desktop-defender-2010
Unfourtanetly too many of us believe in unecessary sarcasm though...
However, I already googled the issue BEFORE coming to NT and tried that fix but it did not work hence why I'm now here asking the help from NT's PCexperts. But thanks for the time and effort it took you to use google, copy & paste the link, add your sarcastic remark, and hit the post button, itsgreatly appreciated...

No problem
pimp.gif
but really..you should of said so in the first place.

Thanks for the suggestions. For those that suggested malware bytes, do you use the free version?

Originally Posted by Madman4life

Thanks for the suggestions. For those that suggested malware bytes, do you use the free version?

yup, ive used it on a bunch of PCs, works like a charm.

+1 on malwarebyte. i JUST got that desktop defender 2010 %*#+ and malwarebyte took care of it with the quickness.

definitely do your research before downloading stuff though, LOTS of anti-spyware are actually spyware themselves lol. wolf in #%%#+!*!#++*! sheeps clothing.

Thing about my PC is that I dont have malwarebytes on the machine and the machine is infected. So its preventing me from installing the malwarebytes.

Originally Posted by Madman4life

Thing about my PC is that I dont have malwarebytes on the machine and the machine is infected. So its preventing me from installing the malwarebytes.
never had that happen to me. Maybe try and download malwarebytes on a flash drive and then go into safe made and install it there.

I'd suggest getting AVG Free instead of McAfee It works pretty well for me.

hrm, i have a feeling you might be doing it wrong. unless this is a very new version of desktop defender 2010, you shouldn't have this problem. it onlymesses with your system restore.

Back
Top Bottom