My pics from Coachella/ Coachella 2013 presale soon

Best experience of my life. If you love chilling and music and cool people and 
pimp.gif
 Coachella is honestly as close as I can imagine to Utopia. Ends up costing you a G or so depending on how you do it, but it's so, so worth it. 
2gsgx77.jpg

Frank Ocean. I heard he had some tech issues first weekend, but none whatsoever here. He crushed it from start to finish. Just a smooth *#+ hour of music. Definitely gets five 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 from me. 

2lbdtso.jpg

Swedish House Mafia. Coolest thing about Coachella/big music festivals is just stumbling on stuff you instantly love. Not into House music and had never heard of these dudes but this was my favorite set of the weekend. Just bananas with the lights and lasers and stuff.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
no doubt.

2ynnwc0.png

A$AP Mob. This dude started the set by bringing out his boys one by one and giving them like a minute to perform. Twelvy and Ferg just absolutely murdered it. Then Rocky comes and does Pretty Flacko. Just ******ed. The set kind of fell off after 20 minutes or so but nonetheless fantastic.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

f4iqlw.png

Weeknd. 50% of the reason I went to Coachella, set I was most excited for... and his mic was totally dead. My experience 20 feet from the stage was 30 minutes of everyone shouting "TURN HIS MIC UP" at the people in the sound booth. Most of us left halfway. Really a disastrous showing. Not a single
pimp.gif
will be given here.

v80ajd.png

Snoop and Dre. This was amazing just because of how hyped everyone was. It felt like an "event". Tons of people were hanging out outside the gates offering $200+ to the people leaving before this show, just so they could see the Snoop/Dre set. The set it self was sort of meh. They left the stage too many times, brought out too many people, took way too much time setting up the hologram. The hologram itself was cool for 5 seconds then sort of just looked like a video game animation doing the same rap moves for 5 minutes. Solid
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but by no means my favorite.

Hearing Outkast next year.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

If anyone has questions I'll answer. 

i still haven't sorted through all the pics i took 
laugh.gif

best weekend of my life and i couldn't even 
pimp.gif
...next year I'M BURNING IT DOWN tho...

also gonna cop them VIP tickets next year...it pissed me off that I had to stand 4+ hours to get a good spot for Radiohead and dudes came in 10mins before it started and were ahead of me 
mad.gif
...not next year, i'mma make sure im one of the most hated 
laugh.gif

OutKast 
eek.gif
...where you hearing this???

Would love to go to Coach next year. Is it worth it to go across country (east coast) even though I'm most likely doing Bonnaroo next year?

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Would love to go to Coach next year. Is it worth it to go across country (east coast) even though I'm most likely doing Bonnaroo next year?
I flew from Indiana with camping equipment and everything. It's a lot of work and a ton of planning but yea, it's definitely worth it. Car-camping was amazing. We just hung out for like 4 days at the campgrounds. Probably
pimp.gif
with like 50 people and they were all cool.
And to me Coachella > Bonnarroo because of the rap acts. Look who Bonnarroo is bringing this year and who Coachella brought. It's not even close to me. 

Coachella is the !!+*%+% illest. Will try and go every year for the rest of my life barring a really wack lineup.

real talk, you don't even need to bring drugs...just start talking to people around you and eventually they'll offer...if i didn't have to try to get a job the following week, i could've gotten SOOOOOOO !%@@*% up for free...

Can you explain how it ended up costing you over a G? Tickets, travel, food/drinks? Anything else that was major? Were you drinking the whole time?

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Can you explain how it ended up costing you over a G? Tickets, travel, food/drinks? Anything else that was major? Were you drinking the whole time?
Festival passes: $300
Plane tickets: $300

Car camping: $80

Car rental: $200

Camping supplies: $250 (this can vary wildly. some people gran a $30 tent. we prepared much more and had a better time for it.)

Food: $200 (again can vary wildly. this is a very high estimate. you can just eat 2-3 $10 meals a day instead. we stocked up the cooler and the car fully.)

Drugs/alcohol: up to you 

Merchandise: up to you

A lot of this stuff can be split up or eliminated depending on where you're coming from. If you live close and can drive there with your own car obviously it's much cheaper. Next year it'll be cheaper for me because I have the camping equipment now.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I flew from Indiana with camping equipment and everything. It's a lot of work and a ton of planning but yea, it's definitely worth it. Car-camping was amazing. We just hung out for like 4 days at the campgrounds. Probably
pimp.gif
with like 50 people and they were all cool.
And to me Coachella > Bonnarroo because of the rap acts. Look who Bonnarroo is bringing this year and who Coachella brought. It's not even close to me. 
Good *#%#.

I'll consider it. I like the diversity of Bonnaroo a bit better than their hip hop prescense or lack thereof tbh.

I would like to go to coachella one day but sxsw is very convenient for me and is friendly to my wallet. Plus you can catch so many acts for free, plus the free booze and food helps out a lot. One day I will make that trip. Nice pics tho

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

I would like to go to coachella one day but sxsw is very convenient for me and is friendly to my wallet. Plus you can catch so many acts for free, plus the free booze and food helps out a lot. One day I will make that trip. Nice pics tho

Either way, you can't lose. SXSW and Coachella are automatic wins.
 I didn't get to go to either one but I'll be at the Roots Picnic in Philly 
laugh.gif

Me and my circle of friends have started our SXSW x Coachella funds for next year 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Psyched as %%%%!

Me and Doosta45 kicked it hard this year.

We're setting up the payment plan for 2013.

I'm so *%$$@+% ready. Gonna start an email thread with my friends who want to go.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

did both this year, do not regret it AT ALL. will definitely do both again next year, hopefully learn from a lot of mistakes made in 2012
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom