my ps2 wont read discs anymore

any help would be appreciated ... i know its a ps2 and that i should get either a ps3 or a 360 but im a broke college student..

any one else experience this? any help would be appreciated. when it happens it says "disc read error"

thanks in advance

I have ps2 but it works fine so I can't help you but I just realized I have the same light meter as that broad in your avy...
smokin.gif
yeah...

photo41yl6.jpg

my ps2 also stopped reading disc's about a year or two ago and i havent played it since but i think you should call their technical support guys so theycan get you help

Same thing happened to mine. I used one of those lens cleaners, it like a cd with some brushes on it and it started to read the disc again but I had to use itagain every couple of weeks. Get PS3 and add me MrWiggy

that's when you launch it out the nearest window. talk about the memories you two shared, then pour out some liquor.

This same thing happened to me right when San Andreas came out, I was tight!

Sent it in got it back it worked for a few then went and broke again right when I was on the last mission on San Andreas, I was heated!

Now, that sh.. just sits there and collects dust like the PSP that my girl bought and played with no more than 10-20 times and I kid you not the PSP started toact up and couldn't read the UMD's unless you pressed hard on the back door.

That's why I ain't paying no half a grand for that PS3 when I've experienced nothing but faulty hardware from Sony. Not to mention that piece ofsh.. camera the CyberShot that I got my girl and I think cell phones took better pictures.

Until that $500 system drops to at least $300 I'll have to wait, but by then I probably wouldn't give a rats A.

One thing I will say is that although Nintendo makes that kiddy sh.., their systems has yet to fail me except for the first Nintendo system when you had to userubbing alcohol, Q-tips, and your own hot A breath. All of their systems after that have been through hell and back with me and still worked when I jumped ontheir, and their competitions, new systems.

this happened to me the other day.
i cleaned the lens and it was good to go.

I know your money is tight, but I would upgrade to PS3... 80gb or the 60gb version if you can find it. You can still play PS2 games.

This happened to me. It's basically ps2's "RROD", and there was a class action lawsuit so repair was free. I don't know if it's freeanymore but call up tech. support. I sent mines in and then it broke down again..... on CHRISTMAS EVE.
mad.gif

mine's still working properly (got it in 2001)
pimp.gif

but my friend's PS2 had the same problem, it could read some discs instantly, but it took 1 hour to read GT4, and he got a new one.

Dude, relax man. Since you're a college student, then pause your game for awhile.
Get a job and buy PS3, then QUIT.
Dude, FYI, my PS2 is not even in shape of box anymore.

Do you get the disk read error?
Here's what you do:

Open it up (8-10 screws on bottom under the squares) CAREFULLY.
Don't damage the ribbon underneath the outer cover.
Open the disk tray. Power off from the back.
Remove the disk tray cover. Move the white gear 2 clicks in either direction.
Put the game back, put the disk cover on without doing the screws. See if it works.
If not, move 2 more clicks, etc. Until it works.

Google "PS2 Disk read error fix" or something like that and you'll see these steps.

Back
Top Bottom