My UPS package was opened.....who is at fault?

Sup NT. I am sure a lot of guys have dealt with shady packages from buying stuff online. I ordered a lens cap from B&H Photos with next day air shipping and when I received the package when I got back from my apartment, it was opened and my lens cap was gone.

Who is at fault here? Normally UPS packages are left in a central area in my building for people to pick up but I did not advise them to place it there. Is that UPS's fault or is this something I can blame on my building manager? And also there is no recorded time that this lens cap got stolen. So can I even blame the place that I got it from or are they not at fault here? I just don't want to eat up a $50 purchase when I didn't even do anything wrong.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Sup NT. I am sure a lot of guys have dealt with shady packages from buying stuff online. I ordered a lens cap from B&H Photos with next day air shipping and when I received the package when I got back from my apartment, it was opened and my lens cap was gone.

Who is at fault here? Normally UPS packages are left in a central area in my building for people to pick up but I did not advise them to place it there. Is that UPS's fault or is this something I can blame on my building manager? And also there is no recorded time that this lens cap got stolen. So can I even blame the place that I got it from or are they not at fault here? I just don't want to eat up a $50 purchase when I didn't even do anything wrong.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I hate UPS i really do for doing that they did the same too me and took forever just to replace my money 

I hate UPS i really do for doing that they did the same too me and took forever just to replace my money 

I always have them hold my packages now if im not 100% sure im going to be home at the time.

Sucks man.

I always have them hold my packages now if im not 100% sure im going to be home at the time.

Sucks man.

UPS will say with no sig required they are cleared of anything once the package is delivered but keep fighting them

UPS will say with no sig required they are cleared of anything once the package is delivered but keep fighting them

I'd hate to say it, but i'm pretty sure your at fault. The other two parties did what they were supposed to...

I'd hate to say it, but i'm pretty sure your at fault. The other two parties did what they were supposed to...

I'm expecting a UPS delivery tomorrow maybe I'll just stay at home all day.

I'm expecting a UPS delivery tomorrow maybe I'll just stay at home all day.

Call the company that shipped you the product and let them know. They should file a claim against UPS, and possible reimbursement.

Call the company that shipped you the product and let them know. They should file a claim against UPS, and possible reimbursement.

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

That makes sense. I have to talk to my landlord first (which I know is going to be a waste of time) cause he has a camera setup in our building. If no one looks like they lifted it in building, then I guess I'll talk to the company that I ordered this piece from. I just feel like UPS is going to give me the run around and I don't even want to bother with them right now.

Thanks for all the input. This is why I hate ordering stuff online.

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

That makes sense. I have to talk to my landlord first (which I know is going to be a waste of time) cause he has a camera setup in our building. If no one looks like they lifted it in building, then I guess I'll talk to the company that I ordered this piece from. I just feel like UPS is going to give me the run around and I don't even want to bother with them right now.

Thanks for all the input. This is why I hate ordering stuff online.

Back
Top Bottom