My X-box 360 isnt reading any discs

What do i do? is there a way to fix this or is it a wrap? my warranty was over july of 7 i think!

10660978lo0.jpg

laugh.gif
nah but just call them and tell them about your situation,and I thinkthey will send you a box to pack up your 360,and you have to send the 360 back to them
pimp.gif

same thing happened/happens to me

i just keep taking the disc out and keep putting it in until it eventually works.

Originally Posted by onesndunks

What do i do? is there a way to fix this or is it a wrap? my warranty was over july of 7 i think!

I feel you u man, I just got RROD last week. I'm not totally sure about this but because of the documented failures with the Xbox 360 I thinkeveryone's warranty was extended, but that may only be for red rings of death. See if you can find it online or call up Microsoft and check it out.

hope that helps

Microsoft is a POS.

I bought a 360 about a year ago, played it less than 5 times...then RED-LIGHTS. It's been sitting collecting dust ever since. I'm gonna return it nextweek and get a PS3.

I believe that you can send it in and they will fix it and send it back to you

turn around 2weeks to a month ... Yeap Yeap ...

LMAO @ the PS3 suggestion ..

I mean great console to watch movies on .. LMAO

1. You have half less people to compete on
2. The online gaming sucks and I have both console and I see the difference

28.9% pick 360 (242,551 votes)consoles sold
14,474,698 units sold

20.4% pick PS3 (170,695 votes)consoles sold
7,274,727 units sold

50.7% pick Wii (424,703 votes)consoles sold
16,872,802 units sold

i just called they want 100 to fix it and they will pay for shipping! i guess that beeter than buyin a new system.................... unless someone helps yourboy out with a reciept

Originally Posted by onesndunks

i just called they want 100 to fix it and they will pay for shipping! i guess that beeter than buyin a new system.................... unless someone helps your boy out with a reciept

wait a minute.....so you copped a new 360 (faulty from the begining), played it for 7 months then it breaks (not your fault). Are you really going to givemicrosoft another $100 to fix their own problem? not telling you to get a PS3 but seriously i cant see how dudes be in forums ready to slice off a pinky forthe 360 even after all this. glad i dont care for first person shooters or online play. if i want competition, i'll keep it retro and head to the arcade,drop in 50yen or a quarter and "NA NA NA NA NA NOW, FIGHT A NEW RIVAL!!"
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JBlaze23

I'm not totally sure about this but because of the documented failures with the Xbox 360 I think everyone's warranty was extended, but that may only be for red rings of death. See if you can find it online or call up Microsoft and check it out.

hope that helps

That only works for the Red Rings of Death. He has a disc read error, which means the laser is going out or the 360 has scratch the disc to the point thatthe laser can't read it. Either way, Microsoft will not cover it and he has to pay out of his pocket. It should besomething like $100 for them to fix it, not bad, but dude is still takin an L.

yea mine had that unreadable disc message at times....you should bought that in-store warranty like i did so you can go swap it out

lol "that's why they call it the xbox 360. because when you see it, you do a 360 and then walk away"
roll.gif

If it's not covered under a warranty you can fix it yourself too by buying a new disc drive for around $50 and then flashing the drive. Saves some moneybut may be too advanced for a lot of people.

I've been geting that alot lately. I only have 1 game(NBA 2K8) so i'm not sure if it's the game or the system but I notice that when I turn thesystem on, let it load until it hits the middle of the XBOX 360 logo and press the power button on you're controller. About 80 percent of the time, my 360starts to read the disc and it starts up.

Back
Top Bottom