my xx3 review... early impressions

Ok I've worn this shoe a grand total of 2 times, one for breaking in which was the day before for about an hour and the second time was today. Indoor at LAfitness.
Ankle support.. seems pretty good, goes reasonably high but kind of stiff and not that comfortable. I prefer the cut on the BB 1's. 3/5
Cushioning... hard as hell so far, don't feel much but that nice shiny plastic on the side. So far 2/5
Traction... excellent, squeaks and easy to stop on a dime, amongst the best features on this shoe. 5/5
Fit/comfort... The shoe is probably the nicest silhouette I've ever tried on in a b-ball shoe, the comfort just isn't there right now. Hopefully itgets way way better. The shoe's upper is so stiff I feel like the sides are made of hard thick !*+ cardboad, sometimes when the shoe should be bending itflexes instead. 2/5
Overall impression... like the last complete jordan that tinker did, the shoe is new, and has some amazing features but sadly not built for basketball. I hopemy opinion changes over the net 2 weeks, after that it's onto the new kobe's, I'm really disappointed w/ the performance even though the shoe isamongst the most beautifully crafted b-ball shoes I've ever held. I hope someone has some input after more than 2 wearings. I want to love this shoe thatwhy I dropped 2 bills and ran out to play in these....

I've also worn mine twice and had one pretty solid b-ball session (2 hrs) IMO the ankle support and stiffness of the upper are def downsides (the lackluster ankle support we might have to live w/, but the upper will likely soften w/ time and wear). I personally felt that the cushioning is the best I'vefelt on a pair of J's. If I stand there and shift my weight from one side to the other I can actaully feel the IPS respond like springs. The traction fromthe thumbprint outsole it awesome as you mentioned. Overall I'd give the shoe a 4 out of a possible 5. If they had worked on the ankle support a bit moreit would be the ultimate ballin shoe.

I can actaully feel the IPS respond like springs.
i thought it was zoom.
nerd.gif

i think it's full length zoom w/ ips in the forefoot actually, I remember that from an earlier description but it may have changed.
Played in them again for about 2 hours, they felt better, slightly, the cushioning was better but far from great and it was going ok then I noticed that itjust started killing my pinky toe on my left foot, got so bad I had to stop playing.
So far, whatever Tinker said about this being the ultimate b-ball shoe I'm calling %+$+$%%!. After wearing them 3 times for a grand total of 6 hours, theylook pretty beat in the front w/ some very serious creasing and soon rips in this recycled leather which feels pretty horrible and stiff and not at allcomfortable and so far from luxurious it makes me want to hang these up once and for all and just throw down for some real b-ball shoes like the Kobes. I wasactually very much looking forward to taking the shoes off when I got home, that's how amazing this shoe has been for me.
So quick review... Awesome looking shoes, incredible silhouette, beautiful from any angle, horrible basketball shoes, really uncomfortable, the worst feelingleather anything I've ever owned in my life, average court feel, great grip, more than anything just uncomfortable as hell and pretty much (at least forme) a trophy shoe. I now understand why Melo took these off after the first quarter and went back to his own shoes... I really haven't been this excitedabout a Jordan since the 11's, big big big disappointment, won't get me again JB.

Not as comfortable as I thought, Foams crush these in terms of overall fit. Shoes fits perfect on my left foot, but fits uncomfortable on my right foot.

I completely disagree with your feelings about the XX3.
While the shoe has very notable faults and a few oversights, it is an amazing performance shoe.

I'm gonna play in the shoe a few more times and try to get a review up.

I would like to disagree as well, after practicing in them for about 2 to 3 hours totally, i was quite impressed. Stiff at first but its starting to comearound. I only thing im worried about is that it feels like its really easy to turn your ankle, but i tried them on with ankle braces and the actually fit (tomy surprise). So, thats goin to be my next test.

I felt that the shoe was very comfortable, I didnt find it to be stiff at all, but maybe thats because I am used to balling in the Lebron 5. Which is kind of astiff shoe. I love the XX3.

Initially I had the problem on my pinky toes too, but that went away after a few wearings.

so maybe it'll improve? i want it to.. trust me I want these shoes to be the best ever, afterall i did drop full retail for them and i can't rememberthe last time i did that. Maybe they'll get better??

I wore mine to work 2 8 hours shifts in (I manage a Finishline), they were great. Then I played an hour and a half in them. Got the same pinky toe problem,hurt BAD after about 20 minutes. I said F it and played the rest of the session only to find a bloody sock and a huge "hole" worn into my pinky toe. That in turn got infected and swelled up like crazy. It's the stitching on the inside of the plastic "stabilizer" tooth on the midsole. I hadbought one pair to wear out, one to play in, and one to put up, but don't know now lol. Anyone want a DS pair of 11.5?

Originally Posted by OGJordan

I wore mine to work 2 8 hours shifts in (I manage a Finishline), they were great. Then I played an hour and a half in them. Got the same pinky toe problem, hurt BAD after about 20 minutes. I said F it and played the rest of the session only to find a bloody sock and a huge "hole" worn into my pinky toe. That in turn got infected and swelled up like crazy. It's the stitching on the inside of the plastic "stabilizer" tooth on the midsole. I had bought one pair to wear out, one to play in, and one to put up, but don't know now lol. Anyone want a DS pair of 11.5?

monkey_shocked2.jpg

What's the deal with this pinky problem?

I have a pretty jammed pinky toe and I was planning on breaking out my XX3 ... bad idea?

I thought it was just me till I read this. Put your hand inside of the shoe and rub around the backside of the plastic piece that holds the forefoot in place.There's a spot there that feels like freaking sandpaper. That's what got me, but i didn't even notice it just wearing them. It was when I played inthem.

cool, i'm glad i'm not the only one. My pinky hurt then when i took the shoe off it was bleeding and rub raw, worse than any shoe i can ever recall. Ithink it's further proof that jordans are not for balling.... Since the 14s. The 15's are ankle breakers and that zoom on the forefoot has moved on meseveral times, 16's no grip, 17's were kind of awesome but looked whatever, the 18's uneven kind of tipsy even prof K said that, the 19's were?? 20's i didn't get, the 21's really high and the lace holder broke on me after 4 times of balling in them, didn't get the 22's and nowthe 23's will make you bleed and the leather is horrible feeling, though the shoe is amazing looking. I'm sure these shoes are great for watchingbasketball and gambling....

^^^ its funny because the XX2's were probably the best performance shoe out of all the numbered jordans you mentioned

but the forefoot is definitely an issue with the xx3 my suggestion is after warming up, re-position your foot within the shoe and re-lace the shoe.

It seemed to work for me. But I seem to get the same type of pain when i wear the Lebron IV and V sometimes.

but don't you think the xx3's are amazing as well? I hope the xx2's are less amazing then because this shoe is going into the closet to stay....
I tried on the xx2's a few times thought they felt really high off the ground and the heel is unnatural feeling so i never did..

I do think the XX3's are amazing on court.
The rubbing at the pinky toe went away for me after i adjusted the shoe. And after about 3-4 wearings, the shoe woke up and felt absolutely amazing on court.but there are some issues with the xx3 in terms of comfort and fit.

i think with the XX2, the heel is the most notable problem, but everything else about the shoe is great. They may feel a bit high off the ground for some, butthey're that much better in terms of impact protection because of it.

what helped me was that I didnt tie them so tightly. Try not lacing them up so tightly, this shoe is designed to hug a foot more so that any other ball shoeout there. So you dont gotta pull the laces so tight.

If you loosen them up a bit the pinky problem goes away, it did for me.

thanks guys i'll give it another try based on your advice, i want these shoes to be amazing.

i have yet to try on the 23.. but i agree with STORM RYDER, the preformance on the 22 is probably the best of the number jordans. i have two pairs.. and theyare amazing! i love balling in them. that shoe + AZK1 are the best shoes ive ever worn in my life!

I'm sorry to see so many people have had negative experiences with this shoe.... in a way however i'm glad to know it wasn't just me.
Knew there would be some exaggeration but was very disappointed as soon as i laced them. They feel hard, narrow, and a little lacking in ankle support.
The shoe doesn't look cutting edge, it doesn't feel like it's cutting edge, and apparently it's not durable either.

"Everytime we put out a product, that's the best we can do."

I knew Jordan didn't mean that when he said it because he wasn't looking straight at the camera... but i still feel let down.

I think i'm done with Brand Jordan.

I dissagree, I feel like this is the best shoe I have ever worn.

I have the xx2, the kobe 1, kobe 2, almost all of the lebrons, every other shoe that these guys are saying are the best out, I think the xx3 is the best

Back
Top Bottom