Mystikal & OutKast--Neck uv da woods Appreciation

:pimp: :pimp:

Off The Wood Soundtrack...another good look for the south...in 98-99 no limit cash money outkast JD was doin they thing but NYC still had def jam ROC nas pun so they still had that hold on tha rap game imo...down here dudes was still hungry for that respect & 99 a slept on yr in rap

Mystikal: “That was a real big payday, that's one thing I remember. I got paid like… ****… 75 stacks for that one personally! What the ****!? When [my A&R] brought me the check, she was saying the same thing. 'I need to be a rapper! What the ****?' I looked at that **** and thought it said seven thousand and five hundred. No, it's $75,000! That was awesome.

“And you heard the drums on that ****? That was that eclectic ****. And I did it in Stankonia. It couldn't have come out no other way. [OutKast] were nothing but creative. Just like me. Everybody was coming from the ******g heart with this ****, they ain't just trying to make no money. This **** meant something.

“It's always a good vibe to be around dudes like that. Just to be around real artists. That's that gangsta **** right there. **** be magic. It got similar to what the **** Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones be going through from time to time when they're making those ******g songs—bless his soul.”

Forgot all about this dip. The beat was crazy and the energy was there too. I wonder where Mystikal would be if he wouldn't have gotten that charge. Dude is definitely nice

Love this song and video. I used to have that exact shirt Mystikal was wearing :lol:

Andre 3000, the year to fear is already here

*never shows up again*

Great song, OutKast and Mystikal sounded great together. Solid film too, always think of Brandon Jennings when I see the kid with the flat top in this movie.

Guess what?

This is a stickup--gimme back my **** before I start pickin' bricks up.....

Classic Mystikal and 'Kast.  LOVE this track and if I recall, it was the only reason I scooped that soundtrack.  

Big Boi murdered this ****, btw.  

Back
Top Bottom