N.J. Transit is the worst railline in the world

mad.gif

I know some of my fellow nters understand when they gotta head back forth to nyc and N.J. ...  There's always delays or broke down trains or people jumping in front of trains n right now the bridge to ny has malfunctioned for the past hour... N its always around this  time of  year  when they're the most unreliable... Sorry just had to rant.

Baseless rant is baseless
You haven't experienced every train in the world, so how would you know its the worst in the whorl

Spoiler [+]
Cheer up mate!! 
laugh.gif

I've honestly never experienced a delay with NJ transit. I guess I've been lucky. I don't use it every day or something, but still.

I gotta take this everyday to work and man it is one of the worst. Its mainly the line to Newark that sucks. And discourse if they are delayed or cancelled, there are no free rides or refunds, just a sorry' my bad [ye shrug]

I had to take it to work everyday all summer and it sucked. A trip that would take a ny train like 20 minutes was like an hour for the NJ transit.

I've never had that much of an issue with it, its gotten way better than before. What part of Jersey are you traveling from? If you say Newark Penn or anywhere near it then I will be confused cause theres always rerouting there when theres an issue

smh at the prices though. It used to be like $17 round trip from Edison to NY....now it's like $27.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by ZoomGP

There's always delays or broke down trains or people jumping in front of trains 
post 3 articles in the last 5 years or just leave

Its happened a few times last yr. Im always checkin nj 12 news for train delays n weather. Had to hop on path n get a cab. Ill check for articles if u dont believe me.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by ZoomGP

There's always delays or broke down trains or people jumping in front of trains 

http://millburn.patch.com/articles/man-dies-on-millburn-train-tracks2
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/07/nj_transit_service_delays_up_t.html3

i actually didn't know it happened so often
you can both stay
laugh.gif

I know of one in my town 2 years back. seemed like a big deal so I assumed it was rare.

Newark line. Always mad slow or delayed. Most common is powerlines n signal problems. Its always a pain to stand in a crowded path train wen they decide to cross honor. Anyone remember when the entire line went down all the way to DC?

Lol isnt that the train where they hang off the side n smack sign n crap for fun. I thought I saw a youtube vid.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

http://millburn.patch.com/articles/man-dies-on-millburn-train-tracks2
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/07/nj_transit_service_delays_up_t.html3

i actually didn't know it happened so often
you can both stay
laugh.gif

I know of one in my town 2 years back. seemed like a big deal so I assumed it was rare.
Suicides are often not reported in the media.  People jump off the GWB, in front of tracks & occasionally from the Empire State without an article posted.  

I take it everyday, sure it sometimes gets delayed. But that will happen when a large amount of people are commuting. Just sleep through it and chill out. THis is a real 1st-world problems thread.

Originally Posted by useref15

smh at the prices though. It used to be like $17 round trip from Edison to NY....now it's like $27.
Yup at Metro Park.
30t6p3b.gif
NJ Transit stays malfunctioning. I used to work in NYC and live in the Edison. I started driving to Newark and taking the PATH train. The PATH is a lot more reliable.

i've taken it for the past 5 years to Newark and then hop on the Path. it's a nightmare and seemed to get the worst yet this past summer when the fares once again went up. delays almost daily for whatever reason switch problem, suicide, signal problem you name it. my monthly pass used to be $134 and now it's $168. and don't get me started on there never a place to sit and the people riding it are just plain nasty.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

you can both stay
laugh.gif

Suicides are often not reported in the media.  People jump off the GWB, in front of tracks & occasionally from the Empire State without an article posted.  
I dont know about that part

Back
Top Bottom