Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives - April 20, 2010

one more...

Patience
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

im sorry, and im a huge Nas fan but this is no good.

I dont like any of this stuff, minus Nas verse on My Generations

Im not saying this is not good music or anything but its not my cup of tea and not the Nas im use to

its more an R&B album than a rap album....can we agree?

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

Im not saying this is not good music or anything but its not my cup of tea and not the Nas im use to

Huh?

indifferent.gif

.....how the !@!# can you call this an R&B album when it's inspired by reggae and African folk music
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
:

don't knock the album because you can't relate to the content and substance

You probably didn't like "Untitled" either....I remember people were trying to call that album racist
eek.gif

It doesn't strike me as a great album, but I like it. I've only given it one listen so far, so I'll play it a couple more times during the week and see how much my opinion on it changes. It's always good to hear some new material from Nas, though.

I absolutely love the hook on Africa Must Wake Up
smokin.gif

This is in my opinion one of the best albums to be released in a LONG time. Such a deep message in everything that people of all ages and races should be able to relate to.

Lyrics:
http://www.distantrelativ...ll/distant_relatives-1#8

I really hope everyone will go out and pay the $10 for this album. A lot of work, and these guys deserve recognition for this.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

I'm probably going to wake up to 'Count Your Blessings' every day for the rest of my life.

Great song to wake up to indeed.  I think it may be may favorite on the album but there are just no lame tracks that it is hard to pick.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

I'm probably going to wake up to 'Count Your Blessings' every day for the rest of my life.

This aint even my type of music but this song is DOPE
pimp.gif

Damian produced this mostly and isssssss sooooooo raw on hooks and verses..

Nas had some competition cuz D brought it soo hard and he did not fail short. Im happy cuz he didnt get outshined at all, this is like perfectly meshed together. flawless

If you dont like Nas on this?
roll.gif
roll.gif
, your on crack! this is the rawest he's sounded since ........

um

Nasty Nas!

So when are the grammys again?????

Patience & Dispear has been on constant repeat.

Nas' last verse on Strong Will Continue will be one of the best verses of the year.
eek.gif

Not the Nas u use to?!? He's spitting like the Nas on N---er album and...... R&B album HUH
laugh.gif

This album is absolutely magnificent totally blew away my expectations I knew it'd be good but I thought because of the mess with Kelis and his mindframe that he wouldn't come through as strong as I he usually would... clearly I was wrong.

"I think you looking too hard for it, want the double R under the garage door. Appreciate the things u work hard for"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

::

I LOVE Nas' first verse on "Nah Mean"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I LOVE the whole album

p.s. doesn't Stephen Marley produce all of his and Damian's music?? I think he also did K'Naan's album

::

Back
Top Bottom