NAS drives... (Network-Attached Storage)

Good look on the info. @proper english I am deciding what RAID class to go with now when it comes to getting one. I have a friend who is telling me to research RAID 5 and avoid RAID 0. Sure it is faster, but it all depends on whether you want to protect and back up or accumulate and share from what I can tell. But I will post more tomorrow.

@djuzi05 I was thinking about getting one just to practice with using a NAS for personal setup. How much did you get yours for? My only complaint is that 1TB isn't enough, nor will 1 NAS be enough in the long run.

Thank you Yuku... THANK YOU
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Good look on the info. @proper english I am deciding what RAID class to go with now when it comes to getting one. I have a friend who is telling me to research RAID 5 and avoid RAID 0. Sure it is faster, but it all depends on whether you want to protect and back up or accumulate and share from what I can tell. But I will post more tomorrow.

what are you going to be using it for?
i use my DNS strictly for streaming my music/movies via home network, download t0erents from my phone, & backup a few .isos & other files. 

it's also configured as a FTP server but rarely gets used..

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

what are you going to be using it for?
i use my DNS strictly for streaming my music/movies via home network, download t0erents from my phone, & backup a few .isos & other files. 

it's also configured as a FTP server but rarely gets used..

here's a cheap one.

http://www.techbargains.c...s_displayItem.cfm/223528

D-Link DNS-321 2-Bay Network Attached Hard Drive Enclosure w/ Gigabit $69.99AR. $20 rebate Exp 9/30/10

TigerDirect has the D-Link DNS-321 2-Bay 3.5" Network Attached Hard Drive Enclosure (NAS) w/ 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet for $69.99 after rebate. $8 Shipping. Tax in FL, NC, IL, GA, SD, ID. Supports JBOD and RAID 0/1. Features built-in FTP server and UPnP AV media streaming.

here's a cheap one.

D-Link DNS-321 2-Bay Network Attached Hard Drive Enclosure w/ Gigabit $69.99AR. $20 rebate Exp 9/30/10

TigerDirect has the D-Link DNS-321 2-Bay 3.5" Network Attached Hard Drive Enclosure (NAS) w/ 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet for $69.99 after rebate. $8 Shipping. Tax in FL, NC, IL, GA, SD, ID. Supports JBOD and RAID 0/1. Features built-in FTP server and UPnP AV media streaming.

Originally Posted by deezxnutz

here's a cheap one.

Good look, this just got bought. If anything it will be a good testing drive. The reviews on it are iffy, but it is rated high.

Originally Posted by deezxnutz

here's a cheap one.

Good look, this just got bought. If anything it will be a good testing drive. The reviews on it are iffy, but it is rated high.

if you go the diy route and have an old and unused computer laying around, you could install freenas or maybe mediatomb on it.

if you go the diy route and have an old and unused computer laying around, you could install freenas or maybe mediatomb on it.

Based on how much Kelis is taking from him in Child Support I assume Nas drives a rusted 1971 Ford Pinto and his weekend car is a nice flat black 1970 AMC Gremlin

Based on how much Kelis is taking from him in Child Support I assume Nas drives a rusted 1971 Ford Pinto and his weekend car is a nice flat black 1970 AMC Gremlin

Back
Top Bottom