NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

I wouldn’t mind if Kanye gave Nas a beat or 2 on his next project but I’m good on hearing them collab on a whole album again.

He should work with No ID again and let Ross pick some beats out for him.

I knew something was fishy about that "No More Pain" beat. I always thought to myself if Devonte was that cold at making beats, then he would've been supplying so many other rappers back then with heat. Everybody I knew back then was surprised that Devonte made that beat.

I always questioned why didn't he make anymore beats on that level after. My mind is blown if he lowkey snatched that from Timbo and just put his name on it. It does sound like a 1990,s Timbaland beat that would've been on Aaliyahs, or Missys, or Ginuwines album back then.

Lol at the Timbaland hate. I'll take him any day of week over overrated beat stealing Dr. Dre.

It's funny reading these comments. There's some blasphemous comments on here. People on here talking about, only if he would focus more on his music, make more albums/music. Sorry, but yall need to give them comments to Jay Electronica, not to one of our goats (Nas). He's put out enough material throughout his career.

I'm starting to think most of y'all wanted him, or wants him to do what Pac, and Wayne did. Make a 100 songs a year with most current popular producers. I'm happy he hasn't gone that route. Because a lot of fans would've gotten tired if hearing him. His music wouldn't be as special. If Pac would've stayed alive, he would've turned out like Wayne by 98/99.

He would've been on every hot single known to man, and he would've been on tv 24/7, straight overkill. Fans will get tired of you quick when your everywhere. That's how most people got burned out on Wayne and 50. The way Nas spreads out his music, is what makes him who he is. That's the difference between 80,s/90,s artist compared to now. The fans are so spolied nowadays by these trash artist, that y'all think the greats are going to comply with the standards of whats going on today.

It was all about quality, with less accessibility to the artists back then. Give up the underappreciated hate. He's never going to give you an Album everywhere with newest hottest producers. This album has classic songs on it, appreciate it while he's here. I don't understand why he's even making music now. Everybody is going to be complain, just to complain, because it's not enough.

you're wrong, we don't want a metro boomin x murda beatz x londonondatrack x nas album

we wanted 7 tracks of adam & eve, bonjour, simple things, still dreamin', we major, triple beam dreams-type tracks.
all heat rocks. we didn't want a 50% fire and the rest sub-par or average tracks from Nas esp when it's only 7 tracks long.

So now it makes sense. The drums is what makes that beat. Without it, that beat wouldn't have been what it was. That beat defenately sounds like a 1990,s Timbaland starter pack, that would've been on any production he did for artists back then.

What Tim was to devante is what Danja is to tim. When Tim "reinvented" himself in the mid 2000's that was all Danja on the keys.

Last edited:
So now it makes sense. The drums is what makes that beat. Without it, that beat wouldn't have been what it was. That beat defenately sounds like a 1990,s Timbaland starter pack, that would've been on any production he did for artists back then.

I don't know about that. Those keys are great, soon as the song comes on it's already fire.

Lol at the Timbaland hate. I'll take him any day of week over overrated beat stealing Dr. Dre.

So was Tim stealing beats when Danja was with him? Too many fans jump to this "so and so steals beats". There's a lot that goes into making a beat. You can have 4 producers on one beat adding pieces to it. Mixing and mastering it, which Dre is the best ever at.

Word is this is Daz version of Doggy Dog World

This is after Dre got his hands on it. Does this mean he stole it?

Ehhhh, it's okay. His last couple albums been around 150-200 total. I know numbers are down now for everyone so it's okay.

His numbers aren’t bad. Especially for only 7 songs.
Pusha T “Daytona” - 77k
Kanye West “Ye” - 208k
Kids See Ghost “Kids See Ghost” - 142k
Nas “Nasir” - 79k
The Carters “Everything Is Love” - 125k

The specific type of Kanye fans outnumber Jay's.

The real question is how Ye did better than Bey. Wonder if her fans hate Jay that much.

If thats the case thats pretty crazy.

Ye older, and blew in a time that was for us (millenials) and all them gen z'ers were 10 at best at the time. So this must mean he gained a serious all new fan base with Yeezus.

The specific type of Kanye fans outnumber Jay's.

The real question is how Ye did better than Bey. Wonder if her fans hate Jay that much.

Don't think people like hearing them together. They just don't make good music together for some reason. My girl is a huge Beyonce fan, we played it once in the crib and she said she doesn't need to hear it again. She also said a lot of those songs would have sounded better as solo songs. Which is true cause Jay was KILLING some of those verses, damn shame he wasted them on a family album.

Back
Top Bottom