NASA announces we’re going BACK to the Moon!

Do you believe humans have visited the moon?

• Yes

Votes: 56 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters
Humanity really is lucky

I mean, we have airplanes and cars and smart phones and vaccines and artificial hearts

All a result of "just making things up as we go"

#BLESSED

the mf Internet alone.

sure we make things up as we go, but some things get proven beyond doubt and then we get to build on the known knowns.

you have any idea how many people died trying to imitate birds before we nailed the formula for flight?

Give 2 examples?
A planet's day is the time it takes the planet to rotate or spin once on its axis. Venus rotates much more slowly than Earth does, so a day on Venus is much longer than a day on Earth. A day on Venus lasts for 243 Earth days or 5,832 hours! A day on Earth is 23.943 hours.

A planet's day is the time it takes the planet to rotate or spin once on its axis. Saturn rotates faster than Earth so a day on Saturn is shorter than a day on Earth. A day on Saturn is 10.656 hours long while a day on Earth is 23.934 hours long.

A planet's day is the time it takes the planet to rotate or spin once on its axis. Venus rotates much more slowly than Earth does, so a day on Venus is much longer than a day on Earth. A day on Venus lasts for 243 Earth days or 5,832 hours! A day on Earth is 23.943 hours.

A planet's day is the time it takes the planet to rotate or spin once on its axis. Saturn rotates faster than Earth so a day on Saturn is shorter than a day on Earth. A day on Saturn is 10.656 hours long while a day on Earth is 23.934 hours long.
This has nothing to do with how time counts though, b. You're example is just different lengths of time.

You have to get into supermassive black holes and their affect on space-time before time starts to count differently.

I think the disconnect comes from thinking of science as a belief system rather than a method for finding facts.

science is, at its core, "prove it or shut up."

with a telescope, a tool available to the public, one can predict the position of stars as the Earth rotates and changes our view of them.

if you wanted, you could coordinate with someone on each continent and track their progress over a year to form a complete picture of their circular pattern.

same way we figured out that and how birds migrate.

to even become a scientific theory, the results of your research must be able to be replicated by anyone with the tools.

otherwise it's just a fun idea, conjecture.

an inquisitive mindset is a good thing, but reinventing the wheel is unnecessary because people before us have tested it and proven it works.

maaaan we aint need no scientific data to figure that out
folks was hungry
and wondered why the birds was always leaving
and somebody decided to follow em
point blank period

InsidiousIndelibleAmericanrobin-size_restricted.gif

folks was hungry
point blank period

my friend, that is scientific data.

-identify a problem (the birds are leaving)
-form a hypothesis (the birds are going somewhere else)
- experiment (lemme see if I can follow these birds)
-gather data (it's warmer where all the birds are)
-form a conclusion (the birds left because it's cold where I live)
-repeat experiment (follow birds for many seasons)
-demonstrate objectively replicable results (teach son to track birds)

all that to even be a theory. if it ain't that, it ain't science.

folks was hungry
point blank period
His points were, if you make the same observations people made in the past, you could answer a lot questions such as earths orbit around the sun, the orbits of other planets, the distance of celestial objects/systems, seasonal cycles, etc., etc. All of these discoveries were made by civilizations that observed the night's sky throughout human history.

man time isnt even really what we say it is
time on other planets are waaaay different than ours
not only that
the earth has slowed gradually
so time
as we refer to it is based on the sun rise and sun set
our days have gradually gotten longer
over the millions of years
so time cant even be used to base anything
when time of day 1000's of years ago
is different from today
and will be different 1000 years in the future
so cant be relied upon to calculate anything
u gotta remember
the theory of relativity is just that
A THEORY
You just agreed what I said. Again, we understand the principles of existence. “You know” time is different BUT time is still the measurement. The rest, again, I have no idea how you’re attempting to contradict anything I’ve said before

nah not ignoring or anything
i understand respect what ur sayin
You mean respect facts and empirical data. I wasn't giving my opinion.

We have to be clear on that because too many people debate with their opinions and feelings.

I think the disconnect comes from thinking of science as a belief system rather than a method for finding facts.

science is, at its core, "prove it or shut up."

with a telescope, a tool available to the public, one can predict the position of stars as the Earth rotates and changes our view of them.

if you wanted, you could coordinate with someone on each continent and track their progress over a year to form a complete picture of their circular pattern.

same way we figured out that and how birds migrate.

to even become a scientific theory, the results of your research must be able to be replicated by anyone with the tools.

otherwise it's just a fun idea, conjecture.

an inquisitive mindset is a good thing, but reinventing the wheel is unnecessary because people before us have tested it and proven it works.
You know though...

Even "scientists" like to make up things as they go for things they cannot explain, see "dark matter". There's no evidence for it whatsoever, other than the fact that it fixes their models on galaxy formation :lol:. Yet, they speak anout it as if it's a proven fact.

Back
Top Bottom