Nate Robinson asks for trade!

The New York Knicks say the agent for Nate Robinson (notes) has asked the team to trade the recently benched guard.

A team spokesman says the request was made Saturday and that team president Donnie Walsh will have discussions with Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin.

Robinson, a productive backup last season, hasn't played in the last eight games. Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni insists the benching isn't personal, only that he wants to use the players who give the team the best chance to win and that Robinson currently isn't one of them.

D'Antoni grew angry with a series of questions about Robinson's place in the rotation before the Knicks' 95-91 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night.

"We're trying to win," D'Antoni said. "I can't explain exactly every second the ins and outs, and we were on a roll and that roll doesn't quit just because you lose a game. You see over time if this works or not."

A message was left with Goodwin Sports' office seeking comment.

Robinson is averaging only 10.9 points after scoring a career-best 17.2 per game last season. The two-time slam dunk champion re-signed with the Knicks on a one-year deal this summer after generating little interest as a restricted free agent.
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=969236#

I think this can be handled in the Knicks thread or in the NBA season thread, no need for this since nothing has happened yet.

Originally Posted by azabweekay

Good. The Warriors could use a small forward.
laugh.gif
warriors are the first team that popped into my head. send biedrins to NY for him

The wolves will give you half of their squad for him. Seriously take anyone you want except Love/Jefferson and I would be happy.

Sad thing is his value is horrible after D'Antoni benched him. I'd be fine with it if it were last year when he was putting up like 25/5/5 for astretch.

I don't like _'Antoni, but he has the ammo to bench NR, by way of their recent stretch of games.

As for NR,a thank you and goodbye.
laugh.gif
I've met NR in person, I like dude's passion etc, but he's quite expendable, and was not a going to be acog in our long term plans.

Nate would be the perfect fit off the bench in Memphis.

Oh well, that means we won't go after him.
laugh.gif

you wont be alone
Asked if Knicks president Donnie Walsh had agreed to work with him on a trade, Goodwin said: "Yes, Donnie has agreed to work with me."

This isn't to say that Nate will be dealt any time soon. Several sources that I've spoken to who are close to the Knicks have told me that Walsh actively tried to move Nate and there was zero interest. And as we reported Portland, the logical destination seeing that Nate is from Seattle, showed no interest in bringing Robinson in.

I don't care much for Nate, but he doesn't deserve to be treated this way. I hope he gets traded to a team that respects his talent/gives us a 1stround pick.

I'm sure there is more to this than the public knows. The fact that there are so many red-flags (no teams showing interest in him) should tell yousomething. He'll have a nice career in Europe following this season.

Maybe his off court antics? Dude was arrested in the Bronx (Mt Eden Section/Grand Concourse) in an area where nobody with long money should be at in their freetime (in my opinion).

laugh.gif
Trade him to the Nets for Rafer Alston. Him and T-Will can take more road trips together.

Back
Top Bottom