Nate Robinson is spazzin on the L.

ever since the dunk contest, he has turned into our go to player in the fourth quarter. i am very ppleased with his play as of late, all i need him to do ismature mentally. we must keep him in the offseason.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

the d'antoni offense has nothing to do with nate getting buckets. most of the shots i see him hit are created by himself.
smh.gif
D'Antoni's offense has EVERYTHING to do with it.
do you even watch the knicks play? do you know what it takes for a 5'7" player to create his own shot?

mike d'antoni isn't the one crossing up defenders and finishing at the hoop with people one foot taller than he is standing there.

assuming nate is a changed player and continues his post dunk contest form...he can get 20 a game no matter where he goes if he's one of the main scoringoptions.

edit: and nate comes off the bench and plays 30 minutes a game. that's about 65% of the game. the knicks average 8 more possessions per game than thespurs. so nate is really on for 6 extra possessions compared to tony parker who plays 33 minutes a game. say of the 5 players that are on the floor natehappens to take 2 of those extra 6 shots. He hits one, and misses another. Are his numbers really THAT inflated?

i do agree that it helps to have a great offensive coach in mike d'antoni, and i also think d'antoni helps a players confidence by encouraging them toshoot. but if nate keeps playing at this level, and we lose him to free agency...he'll get buckets wherever he winds up.

Originally Posted by 430AM

Originally Posted by recognizAZ

is he starting yet?
Yup... Duhon is hurt.
That D' antoni offense is something else though... Got dudes puttin up HOF type stats.
laugh.gif
D'Antoni's offense produces numbers akin to MLB during the steroid surge.

David Lee's a good player, but not 17 pts and 12 rbs good. Same with Duhon averaging 12 pt and 8 ast. Just look at Marion after he left Phoenix, his production immediately came back down to earth.

the d'antoni offense has nothing to do with nate getting buckets. most of the shots i see him hit are created by himself.
smh.gif
D'Antoni's offense has EVERYTHING to do with it. It's all about the pace and the extra possessions per game playing at the pace gives you.

Nate Robinson is basically filling the Leandro Barbosa role. They produce very similar numbers in a D'Antoni/Gentry offense. Under a normal-paced offense, Barbosa's numbers were very pedestrian (12.8 pts, 2.4 rebs, 2.0 ast, 1.0 stl). But with Gentry taking over after the All-Star Break, Barbosa's actually put up better numbers than Nate Robinson over the past 5 games
eek.gif
(22.6 pts, 4.6 rebs, 3.8 ast. 3.4 stl, 61.3 FG%, 55.0 3pt%)
I gotta agree with this man...

smh.gif
D'Antoni's offense has EVERYTHING to do with it.
do you even watch the knicks play? do you know what it takes for a 5'7" player to create his own shot?

mike d'antoni isn't the one crossing up defenders and finishing at the hoop with people one foot taller than he is standing there.

assuming nate is a changed player and continues his post dunk contest form...he can get 20 a game no matter where he goes if he's one of the main scoring options.

edit: and nate comes off the bench and plays 30 minutes a game. that's about 65% of the game. the knicks average 8 more possessions per game than the spurs. so nate is really on for 6 extra possessions compared to tony parker who plays 33 minutes a game. say of the 5 players that are on the floor nate happens to take 2 of those extra 6 shots. He hits one, and misses another. Are his numbers really THAT inflated?

i do agree that it helps to have a great offensive coach in mike d'antoni, and i also think d'antoni helps a players confidence by encouraging them to shoot. but if nate keeps playing at this level, and we lose him to free agency...he'll get buckets wherever he winds up.
Its a little of both D'antoni's high ppaced offense is the reason Nate is getting soo much shots up, but yeah as you said D'Antoniaint the one out crossing up kids and takin N's to the hole at 5'7. Thats ALL Nasty
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
looks like the Dunk Contest victory really did something to him.
People dont realize he was having some MAD nice games before the All-Star break and dropped 33 pts, 15 ast, 9 boards, 5 stls, 1 TO the game beforethe All-Star break
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Yup... Duhon is hurt.
indifferent.gif
no hes not if you watched the Knicks youd know Nateis still 6th Man... even though Duhon has been the new Fugazi this past month
smh.gif

Nate > Lebron
Pretty much nailed it.

Nasty Nate All up in ya Face
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and what happened to the other like 10 thread page about Nate??
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

IDK how some of ya'll can just say "oh the system, oh its only cause of the system". 30ppg the past few nights is impressive no matter whatsystem you're in. He has already established himself as a consistent 3 point threat, and his 1st step is pretty insane dude can just ball, his fearlessnessis what impresses me the most.

Does the system help? Sure it does, he has a lot of room to work with, but to say its solely because of it is just ignorant imo.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

IDK how some of ya'll can just say "oh the system, oh its only cause of the system". 30ppg the past few nights is impressive no matter what system you're in. He has already established himself as a consistent 3 point threat, and his 1st step is pretty insane dude can just ball, his fearlessness is what impresses me the most.

Does the system help? Sure it does, he has a lot of room to work with, but to say its solely because of it is just ignorant imo.
Forreal. Have yall seen some of the +$#$ hes been doing lately? The crazy drives to the baskets vs dudes twice his size, the crazy 3s hes beenhitting. The system helps him get more shots but the system dowsnt help him create his shots and hitting them as well like hes been doing. Hes just SOOO hardto stay in front of cause of his athletisism, and he is relentless going inside kinda like AI used to be, and he has the skillset to top it all off.

Nate>Colston.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nate >>>>>>

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

IDK how some of ya'll can just say "oh the system, oh its only cause of the system". 30ppg the past few nights is impressive no matter what system you're in. He has already established himself as a consistent 3 point threat, and his 1st step is pretty insane dude can just ball, his fearlessness is what impresses me the most.

Ofcourse it's not only the system... Robinson is a BALLER straight up.
D'antoni's system does help ALOT tho... Look what it did for Steve Nash.

Back
Top Bottom