Natural Dietary and Supplement Thread Vol. Superhumans

I'm reading up on the amino acid Arginine and all of its befinits. So That got me thinking let's make a thread on natural supplments that will help us health conscious people to live a healthier and possibly longer life. I'll start it off.

Arginine changes into nitric oxide, which causes blood vessel relaxation (vasodilation). Early evidence suggests that arginine may help treat medical conditions that improve with vasodilation, such as chest pain, clogged arteries (called atherosclerosis), coronary artery disease, erectile dysfunction, heart failure, intermittent claudication/peripheral vascular disease, and blood vessel swelling that causes headaches (vascular headaches). Arginine also triggers the body to make protein and has been studied for wound healing, bodybuilding, enhancement of sperm production (spermatogenesis), and prevention of wasting in people with critical illnesses. -Mayo Clinic

I'm reading up on the amino acid Arginine and all of its befinits. So That got me thinking let's make a thread on natural supplments that will help us health conscious people to live a healthier and possibly longer life. I'll start it off.

Arginine changes into nitric oxide, which causes blood vessel relaxation (vasodilation). Early evidence suggests that arginine may help treat medical conditions that improve with vasodilation, such as chest pain, clogged arteries (called atherosclerosis), coronary artery disease, erectile dysfunction, heart failure, intermittent claudication/peripheral vascular disease, and blood vessel swelling that causes headaches (vascular headaches). Arginine also triggers the body to make protein and has been studied for wound healing, bodybuilding, enhancement of sperm production (spermatogenesis), and prevention of wasting in people with critical illnesses. -Mayo Clinic

sounds good.

where can i eat this stuff??
laugh.gif

I'm curious to hear your definition of what a natural supplement is. Is it something that you can ordinarily get from eating food, like vitamins, protein, creatine, or does it also include hormones and chemicals that the body naturally produces and uses, like testosterone or nitric oxide? This has always been a difficult question for me to answer because I believe supplementing things you can get from food is fine, but I don't think supplementing hormones is "natural". Then again, proponents of anabolic steroids and similar drugs would say those supplements are natural too because they either come from natural sources or because the body naturally makes them.

I'm curious to hear your definition of what a natural supplement is. Is it something that you can ordinarily get from eating food, like vitamins, protein, creatine, or does it also include hormones and chemicals that the body naturally produces and uses, like testosterone or nitric oxide? This has always been a difficult question for me to answer because I believe supplementing things you can get from food is fine, but I don't think supplementing hormones is "natural". Then again, proponents of anabolic steroids and similar drugs would say those supplements are natural too because they either come from natural sources or because the body naturally makes them.

Originally Posted by ninob1213

grin.gif
laugh.gif

Which ones have you looked at? I'm interested...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ninob1213

grin.gif
laugh.gif

Which ones have you looked at? I'm interested...
nerd.gif

Benifits * sorry I didn't know this was a spelling test. Now.... natural supplements or the dietary part of this eqaution can come from certain foods mos def. As for otc supplements, herbals( no not mary j), whey protein etc. those all provide protein and nitric oxide which is important for body growth as well. amino acids are the building blocks of protein and protein are building blocks of the human body... Arginine is the like closest thing to HGH or human growth hormone that is readily available. HGH cost thousands of dollars for an injection. Steriods are technically natural but obviously has negative physiological effects that make it bad to use.

Benifits * sorry I didn't know this was a spelling test. Now.... natural supplements or the dietary part of this eqaution can come from certain foods mos def. As for otc supplements, herbals( no not mary j), whey protein etc. those all provide protein and nitric oxide which is important for body growth as well. amino acids are the building blocks of protein and protein are building blocks of the human body... Arginine is the like closest thing to HGH or human growth hormone that is readily available. HGH cost thousands of dollars for an injection. Steriods are technically natural but obviously has negative physiological effects that make it bad to use.

Back
Top Bottom