NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

im gonna kill with the heat
eyes.gif
 you and everybody else 
isnt triz from miami...
Spoiler [+]
Lebron is a !@$@!

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

im gonna kill with the heat

Once this game drops send me a invite GT:Siznut i'd be willing to play you, but like i said earlier I PRAY this game is good because 2K10 was easily the worst 2k sports game EVER! Just saying i hope they are working overtime to get the Jordon mode to be good and the gameplay a lot better. One more thing all i want is for animations to be taken out

Originally Posted by al3x89

^ i don't think the game will be trash, but i think elite will be better (new control system is
pimp.gif
)

but it seems like 2k is pushing this jordan thing too far, when elite will have jordan as well

i'll end up having both though.
No 2K marketing is pushing the Jordan thing. I am very sick of it as well because it is something that could have been done on the PC version. I want to hear about the gameplay issues. Online server, lack of player control, and how IsoMotion has changed. I am also interested in the improvements to franchise mode.

I am tired of hearing about Jordan.

I will have both as well.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

^ i don't think the game will be trash, but i think elite will be better (new control system is
pimp.gif
)

but it seems like 2k is pushing this jordan thing too far, when elite will have jordan as well

No 2K marketing is pushing the Jordan thing. I am very sick of it as well because it is something that could have been done on the PC version. I want to hear about the gameplay issues. Online server, lack of player control, and how IsoMotion has changed. I am also interested in the improvements to franchise mode.

I am tired of hearing about Jordan.

I will have both as well.

cant blame them, the average fan has already made their decision on what they are buying

my cousin who hasnt bought a video game since nba 2k7 and hes now 30 and hasnt turned on his xbox in 2 years, hes now gonna pick up 2k11 for jordan alone

plus, everyone SHOULD know that 2k laggs the worst when releasing information, Im guessing gameplay info will come MUCH later

on the side note, i hope they add better controls, last year felt like everything was animation heavy

People act like 2k releasing info is something they do. This is the company that dropped their demo a week after the game came out.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

People act like 2k releasing info is something they do. This is the company that dropped their demo a week after the game came out.
laugh.gif
Imbecile. That's not up to the publisher. That's up to Microsoft/Sony.

So why was it reported that their demo was incomplete and wasn't turned into the Sony/Microsoft at the deadline to be posted.

indifferent.gif

No way that Sony/Microsoft would sit on their demo until after the game came out. You know how hostile 2k would be.

Originally Posted by raptors29

pimp.gif
)

Honestly I don't know why you're falling for the hype. 

the reason i'm falling for the hype is because i play NHL 10. if you've ever played it (after getting used to it of course) it's great to play. you start to realize that you have much more control over your players and what you can do.

i don't even follow hockey but i enjoyed playing NHL over 2k/live the past 2 years because it was skill based. not saying that i was amazing at 2k or anything, but it's just more fun because you don't press a !@@% load of buttons and score. at least with elites new controls you have to have some sort of skill.

but as a true ball fan, i'm gonna give both a try like i do every year instead of hopping on one or the other like most people. and who knows, maybe 2k will be implementing something similar?

cant blame them, the average fan has already made their decision on what they are buying

my cousin who hasnt bought a video game since nba 2k7 and hes now 30 and hasnt turned on his xbox in 2 years, hes now gonna pick up 2k11 for jordan alone

plus, everyone SHOULD know that 2k laggs the worst when releasing information, Im guessing gameplay info will come MUCH later

on the side note, i hope they add better controls, last year felt like everything was animation heavy

might wanna tell him that elite will have jordan as well.

and ya, we def. need better controls for 2k11.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

wait, really?
nerd.gif

ok i could've sworn i read it somewhere.. but now i'm reading something totally else. i either misread it or some website posted the wrong info.

It's a real bummer that EA Sports integrated Jordan (his brand, not the man himself) so heavily into Become Legendary. You enter into the Jordan Draft Showcase to earn your draft position, there are 23 levels to attain throughout your career (Jordan's number was 23) and there are the aforementioned Jordan Milestones. It seems like NBA Elite 11 is dangling the carrot of playing as (or, at the very least, against) Michael Jordan in front of your face throughout Become Legendary, yet you have to buy the competing product (NBA 2K11) to actually play as him for yourself.

that's from IGN

my bad, i was too quick to post that info.

but we don't know for sure yet anyways as neither companies have released ANY solid info about their products. usually by this time of year we know something... they're hiding from us

rck2sactown said:

wait, really?
nerd.gif

ok i could've sworn i read it somewhere.. but now i'm reading something totally else. i either misread it or some website posted the wrong info.

It's a real bummer that EA Sports integrated Jordan (his brand, not the man himself) so heavily into Become Legendary. You enter into the Jordan Draft Showcase to earn your draft position, there are 23 levels to attain throughout your career (Jordan's number was 23) and there are the aforementioned Jordan Milestones. It seems like NBA Elite 11 is dangling the carrot of playing as (or, at the very least, against) Michael Jordan in front of your face throughout Become Legendary, yet you have to buy the competing product (NBA 2K11) to actually play as him for yourself.

that's from IGN

my bad, i was too quick to post that info.

but we don't know for sure yet anyways as neither companies have released ANY solid info about their products. usually by this time of year we know something... they're hiding from us

ive been hearing rumors about this on OS forum, guess we will see

ok good^ so i'm not the only one.

personally, i don't care whether jordan's in the game or not. if the game sucks to play, jordan's not gonna make me wanna play it. but of course that's only me.

Until EA takes steps to emulate 100s of players shots like 2K has done...I can't take it seriously. Even then....there are just so many other issues with that franchise.

I doubt Jordan is in Elite.

I'm ready to try out the demos for both games, hopefully they're made available early in September.

The Simulation/Arcade setting was taken out of 2K in 2K6. So it hasn't even been in the game. There was no Gameplay setting, just a difficulty setting.

Default: Kind of a hyper-realism. Shooting %’s will be slightly higher than real life, there will be fewer fouls, slightly more dunks, more and 1’s, etc. “Let ‘em play hoops

[h1]
[h1]Links: An Early Look at NBA 2K11[/h1][h2][/h2]
Y’all don’t want it with MJ.

by Lang Whitaker | @langwhitaker

Because it’s now after 1:00 PM EST on Tuesday, August 17, I am now free to tell you about what I did last Thursday morning: I got to play NBA 2K11.

The game drops in North America on October 5th, so we’re still a ways off from it hitting the market. I enjoyed playing last year’s game, even though it had some flaws. Last week, I only got to play 2K11 for about an hour, so I didn’t have a chance to get very deep into the game or even check out the My Player mode at all. But from what I saw, 2K11 is going to be just as addictive, if not more addictive, than it was last year.

I started by playing the first half of a Heat/Lakers game, and I was given the Heat to use. The game felt a little smoother than 2K10, with less robotic movement from the players than in previous basketball games. To be fair, I really didn’t have much opportunity to check out the AI or playcalling, which are the parts of basketball video games that have always bothered me.

mj2k11.jpg
What I did for the remainder of my hour with the game was what really impressed me. By now you’ve probably heard that Michael Jordan is on the cover of 2K11. Well, there’s a game within the game called The Jordan Challenge. In this Challenge, there are ten sequences to play — The Flu Game, The Shrug,
and plenty more — where you play as Michael Jordan and are tasked with replicating some of Money’s most famous performances.

I played the game called “The Arrival,
[/h1]

New Info From Mike Wang's Twitter and confirmation of changed sig shots!

"LBJ's shot is nice. Much more athletic. His dribble pullup to the right is one of my fav shots in the game. Looks just like him."
about 4 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to E360Spins

@0oreitao0 all kinds of nice blocks this year, including chase downs. They've given us some of the best highlights throughout development
about 4 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to 0oreitao0

@lilkobe81 The animators worked on Artest's shot. It looks better than last year. I don't remember what his hair looks like now.
about 4 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to lilkobe81

@LM1213 t-mac has a new shot. Not sure how much PT he'll be getting next year though. So close to being a bull!
about 13 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to LM1213

@PointBlankInc yeah. That gross 2K7 jumper Dirk was using is gone.
about 13 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to PointBlankInc

@2plus2equal3 Yes. KD has new shots.
about 21 hours ago via Trillian in reply to 2plus2equal3

@RB_7 I agree, didn't care for Bron's shot last year at all either. Several shots were re-done, including his. Looks way better.
10:30 AM Aug 16th via Trillian in reply to RB_7

@ItsKeem We've improved MJ's fadeaway since the trailer. I did a side by side w/ real life footage and it seems good to me.
10:18 AM Aug 16th via web in reply to ItsKeem

@TCnumba10 We spent a lot of time improving AI shot selection.There's a good mix of mid-range J's, 3's, and inside shots based on tendencies
10:17 AM Aug 16th via web in reply to TCnumba10

NBA 2K11 Preview from joystiq - includes new screenshots

http://www.joystiq.com/20...s-jordan-challenge-mode/

2k hasn't failed me in previous years, so I'll be coppin on RD

But I'm kinda gettin tired of all this news being about jordan.....what else is new this year?

Back
Top Bottom