NBA All-defensive teams vol. Shane got screwed...

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

can you name someone at the 2 better at D than kobe?
There are none.

I sware, watching other teams 2 play D and then watching Kobe's D, you can tell how good he really is.
Alot of people are just used to him playing like that so when he goes for the steal and misses, SOME people will say Kobe sucks on D.

I have seen it so much, one minute Kobe is the GOAT, the next minute everything is his fault and he sucks.

Joe Budden(No sublime, you know who you are)Joe Budden

ANYWAY, I would have put Battier over Bowen, and Bowen over Paul.

First Team should have been
Tyson
Dwight
KG
Battier
Kobe

or would that not work since Battier is a forward and Tyson and Dwight are both centers?

Positions don't matter, I don't think.

As evidenced by the first team not having a PG on the list.

I havent seen Chandler or Paul enough but as far as everyone else, i agree with the lists....

Although kobe might not be the best overall defender at the 2, he's obviously gonna be on it since he's one of the faces of the nba. On another note, Ithink kobe might be the best fastbreak/transition defender. It almost seems like every time theres a one or two man fastbreak kobe will either get a hand onthe ball in blocking it on stripping it out of bounds.

I mean there are some strengths & weakness that coaches notice in players that none of us do..to say Kobe only made it cuz of reputation and cp3 only madeit cuz of steals is just dumb...Do you really think coaches look at the stats and go..."yup chris paul lead the league in steals so he should be 1st teamall defense"....or "kobe has made all-defense the last couple years so I'll just vote him in this year" thats just stupid...I mean thesecoaches watches hundreds of hrs of film on these players on d so they know what they're talking about...

2 Guards
2 Forwards
1 Center

I BELIEVE, not entirely positive on Defensive-teams.

Only mistake is Chris Paul,
laugh.gif
I guess they felt bad for not giving him the MVP nod so they put him on the SECOND team.
roll.gif

It's a disgrace to the PG's who do play defense, really.

raja and paul should be out! put smith and chandler up there. there has to be a way to move another center in there while taking out those two guards
smh.gif

i'm actually glad the coaches who actually see these players play vote on the award cause if the media did, i'm 100% positive Bron would be onAll-Defensive Team. And to answer my own question, there is no 2 guard in the NBA that guards better than Kobe, Battier is a forward, and Raja's D fell offa lot from last year, he was the only one IMO comparable to Bean.

Kobe aint worth no first team all defense.

I've watched all the Laker games this year, and he gets stuck ball watching.

Voting is done by coaches. Besides Isiah, I'm sure these coaches know better than us.

There's no way that Chandler should make this list over Camby. Camby has the most total blocks, blocks per game and was 2nd in rebounds per game. Ifanything, it's Howard who doesn't belong on that list.

And since when does leading the league in total steals and steals per game not warrant a place on the All-Defensive team? Steals is the most significantstatistic that determines defense, so I'd say that makes Paul a legitimate candidate.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

There's no way that Chandler should make this list over Camby. Camby has the most total blocks, blocks per game and was 2nd in rebounds per game. If anything, it's Howard who doesn't belong on that list.

And since when does leading the league in total steals and steals per game not warrant a place on the All-Defensive team? Steals is the most significant statistic that determines defense, so I'd say that makes Paul a legitimate candidate.
Yea but it depends on what kind of steals you get...AI gets steals but his are from gambling and trying to intercept passes (like a db)...and he missesALOT of them...but i agree with CP3 on there..I haven't watched him a ton, but I noticed he gets a lot of steals from just ripping people and having quickhands...

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Do you really think coaches look at the stats and go..."yup chris paul lead the league in steals so he should be 1st team all defense"

They did it with Larry Hughes that one year he lead the league in steals.

Originally Posted by kSpec

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Do you really think coaches look at the stats and go..."yup chris paul lead the league in steals so he should be 1st team all defense"

They did it with Larry Hughes that one year he lead the league in steals.
Hughes can play D tho..I'm saying they don't look at them leading the league and steals and put them all league defense soley for that reasonalone...they could do that for blocks..but not steals..

What's with all the hate on CP3?

Dude is a solid defender. And it's not like he made first team.

Of course all our opinions are bias because the league never really televised Hornets games.

I can remember twice Paul forcing Deron into like 2 points and 5 TO night.

I also remember him forcing Nash into a 7 TO night. He's crazy good.

We can go by the Mavericks-Hornets series:

First game Kidd had 4 TO.
Second he shot 3-10.
And the fourth he shot 1-6.
The other games Kidd played well, but it's still pretty impressive.

Back
Top Bottom