9. Vince
10. Erving
11. Scottie
12. Charles
13. Amare
14. Blake
15. Rose
16. Westbrook

I only ranked using players that are top 100 (or potentially top 100) arguable at their peak/prime playing level. Based on their absolute peak athletics (eg Orlando Shaq)

Last edited:
Dfs4xmnU0AA4dpG.jpg

This is list HORRENDOUS.

You really need to do your homework on Dr. J and Wilt.

Wilt still has a gang of Track & Field records.

Tim Grover, Michael Jordan's trainer, worked with Charles Barkley for a while and said that Chuck was the most naturally gifted athlete he ever worked with.

He said Chuck could stand under the basket on one leg, and dunk :wow:

Wilt has combine numbers and attributes galore but from what I’ve seen he doesn’t pass the eye test on pure raw athletics in a sports sense (agility, power transfer, quick burst).

Hes not explosive in the basketball sense. He’s fast and he’s strong. He lacks explosive power. An example being Westbrook who doesn’t have great raw combine type numbers but had explosion. Wilt not the sort of guy that explodes up and dunks like a Shaq. To me, at the most basic level athleticism is about that controlled explosion. To be honest I ranked Wilt too high but was trying to be objective. I have him at the bottom of this list.

And yeah Kemp should of made it. Not familiar enoguh with Thurmond to really rank him. And agree that Charles an amazingly athlete. His 92 Olympics answered any questions there ever was in regards to how good he is. Watched the Dr J special and yeah he’s a special athlete. He’s Vince before Vince. Both of them lack the cat quickness of a Jordan when on the floor. Their vertical games is unquestionably best ever.

Rose is a generational athlete. He's the most explosive, athletic NBA player i've seen. Bounce, first step, acceleration, lateral movement, instincts - he had it all. I think there's a clip of Rose either at the Olympics or TEAM USA inter-scrimmage and he flies down the court in 3-4 dribbles. Clips of him at High School windmilling of 1 step.. it's mad.

I'd argue at his peak he's the same as LeBron. Truncate LeBron down to 6'3/6'4 and Rose still has him. The fact that LeBron is 6'8 250 makes him impressive.

Vince - he has bounce, MJ, bounce and quickness, Shaq/Wilt - these guys were big and physical, but that isn't really athleticism to me. It'd be better to rate C/Fs against each other rather than across the board.

Last edited:
Wilt has combine numbers and attributes galore but from what I’ve seen he doesn’t pass the eye test on pure raw athletics in a sports sense (agility, power transfer, quick burst).

Hes not explosive in the basketball sense. He’s fast and he’s strong. He lacks explosive power. An example being Westbrook who doesn’t have great raw combine type numbers but had explosion. Wilt not the sort of guy that explodes up and dunks like a Shaq. To me, at the most basic level athleticism is about that controlled explosion. To be honest I ranked Wilt too high but was trying to be objective. I have him at the bottom of this list.

tenor.gif

1. Lebron
2. Shaq
3. Zion
4. Jordan
5. Drob
6. Wilt
7. Kobe
8. Dominique
9. Vince
10. Erving
11. Scottie
12. Charles
13. Amare
14. Blake
15. Rose
16. Westbrook

I only ranked using players that are top 100 (or potentially top 100) arguable at their peak/prime playing level. Based on their absolute peak athletics (eg Orlando Shaq)
This list is dumb with no Nate Robinson or spud Webb on the list

ROSE AT 15??? rose is probably the most athletic guard to ever play basketball... his first 4 years was legendary...

I equate rose to a lambo... an expensive car you're not supposed to drive cross country or even drive everyday....

Is OP like 12???

Back
Top Bottom