nba cares

Originally Posted by dtb00201

and the nba building houses for katrina victims is awesome....but dont act like chris paul was really building that house...there are probably 30 people out there all doing double the work chris paul does and i dont see there names mentioned...and he was probably only there for a few hours....and most of the commercials are stupid things....derrick fisher reading a book to kids is not important....my highschool basketball team used to do that...at least the nfl play 60 campaign is for a purpose....they are trying to help child obesity....they encourage people in the community to get involved...if the nba cares was asking for your help and promoting their website so people can help get involved then it might be different.....they dont even say the name of their website in the commercials at all.....all they are doing is saying hey look at us we are good guys....and thats why i cant respect the way they are going about it
As someone who has spent a day with Habitat for Humanity the amount of work your do in a day is a good deal.  When you meet the families you feel so warm inside...

I mean i personally spent a whole day painting, there were some people who were helping to put the roof of the home on, they have you actually do the work, so Paul working on the frame gets a ton of respect from me.

anybody know where i can cop one of those "nba cares" polos ?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by dtb00201

maybe i should reword it...im not saying the campain as a whole is a joke.....the parts we are being shown are...im sure they do a lot of good.....but if your going to take out 6 ads a night on prime time tv....at least make it useful....make the campaign something where people get involved....they could do a lot of good....dont just make it out to be something that shows us the things they do after the fact...try to involve the viewers
What are you talking about?  If you go on the NBA Cares website there are ways listed that YOU can get involved as well.  NBA is doing their part, and they've opened it up to anyone who would like to contribute their time as well. 

Thank you, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to go online and look it up, and there are plenty of ways they give you to help out.

It seems like you're trying really hard to find fault with the NBA's charitably organizations.  No one is going to deny that it helps with their PR and improve the image of the league, but your criticisms make it seem like it's a complete waste and that it's not good enough.

Also, please learn to use a period, comma, and other punctuation.  "..." doesn't count every single time, reading your posts have been painful.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

First reply would be what are you doing to contribute to your community while complaining about the contributions of others?

The NBA, in fact each team individually, has campaigns to fight childhood obesity too.
laugh.gif
Do you even watch the commercials you are complaining about? Maybe you should attend some of their literacy events, have Charles Barkley teach you how to end and begin a sentence.

1bbca17916e37e7683a78ac692215c0c-getty-95497201ge003_nuggets.jpg

I like the NBA Cares, no matter a small impact or a big one, they are still helping out when they don't have to.

What's also great is all these guys, especially star players do things to help out that never get reported.

Back
Top Bottom