NBA Draft Lottery Tonight (Vol. Kwame Brown)

Fantastic for the city, the obvious concerns are the attitudes of some of the guys that will be in the locker room with him, Young, Andray and Arenas arent exactly the kinds of guys I would want around a 19 year old.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

^I'm all for Turner but there's obviously no way the Wizards are passing up Wall with the #1 overall...looks like the Gil talk will commence, but I think he'll end up staying
eyes.gif

I hope not, its time for the Wizards to move on and properly rebuild around Wall. Would Gil be comfortable no longer being the "face" of this franchise? Probably not so he should go. Just wish they wouldve kept Butler.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Fantastic for the city, the obvious concerns are the attitudes of some of the guys that will be in the locker room with him, Young, Andray and Arenas arent exactly the kinds of guys I would want around a 19 year old.

eyes.gif
 This guy...

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

eyes.gif
 This guy...
I mean, I never knock the messenger.

And this is exactly what I was saying when I posted a couple days ago.

Get rid of ALL them dudes... For the exact reasons he's alluding to.

Wes Unseld was all about having "character" guys during his reign here with the Bullets.  Unfortunately, dudes had little talent.  So, he and Pollin were satisfied winning 30 games or less every year, because "character" was more of the priority.

NOW, he have the chance to have character guys play for this organization AND be in winning contention in the East.  Starting with the next great young PG and a decent coach.  When was the last time we were able to say that here?

Wall has been the man since his sophomore year in Raleigh.  Period.  He's answered all the hype.

Thus, It's time to CLEAN HOUSE and rid all these bammas, expect Mike Miller and McGee... But they can go too for real.

eyes.gif
 This guy...
Calm down guy, while you may not agree with my opinions on other stuff, you cant possibly disagree with this. Young, Arenas and Andray have all had a history and reputation as big partiers in the city. While its inevitable to prevent a star player to be out there like that, these guys crossed the line many times. I mean hell, Andray came here acting like such a clown that he got shot. If you think these are good locker room influences for a kid who is going to be the face of sports in this city, id say youre an idiot.

This team has a chance to turn EVERYTHING around, new owner, Number 1 pick, tons of money to throw around...why not do things right for a change and get some guys in here who care about playing basketball and not going out and getting trashed every night.

From all accounts, Wall is a pretty good kid, loves to be in the gym, got good grades at Kentucky...all of that, so I dont think he has many character flaws. (something which seemed to be rampant with these young dudes the Wizards were getting for a while.)

I hope the Wizards go after someone like Rudy Gay in the off-season and try to bring him back to his roots in DC.

If the Wizards make some smart moves, which I dont doubt they will do with Leonsis...they can EASILY make the playoffs next year.

Thus, It's time to CLEAN HOUSE and rid all these bammas, expect Mike Miller and McGee... But they can go too for real
Best thing this organization can do. Would be rather refreshing actually. Personally I'm a fan of flip saunders, would love to see him build a team around Wall.

I hope the Wizards go after someone like Rudy Gay in the off-season and try to bring him back to his roots in DC.
It's been rumblings about this since the end of the season.

Because, it has been stated that Memphis (in this economy) will do the same thing to Gay that Atlanta did to Josh Smith.

Do nothing, and match a very low deal (no where near the max) he accepts from another team. 

Although I think an organization -- like the Wiz -- will offer Gay a lot more money than Smith was offered.

If this team signs Josh Howard back -- even for the vet. minimum -- I will go HAM.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

It's been rumblings about this since the end of the season.

Because, it has been stated that Memphis (in this economy) will do the same thing to Gay that Atlanta did to Josh Smith.

Do nothing, and match a very low deal (no where near the max) he accepts from another team. 

Although I think an organization -- like the Wiz -- will offer Gay a lot more money than Smith was offered.

If this team signs Josh Howard back -- even for the vet. minimum -- I will go HAM.
Gay would flourish in a Flip Saunders offense.

I love watching Wall play but the simple fact that he was woo'ed by Calipari makes me question his character. We all know of my hatred for Calipari and all he stands for so I'll let stop there...

eyes.gif
 This guy...
Calm down guy, while you may not agree with my opinions on other stuff, you cant possibly disagree with this. Young, Arenas and Andray have all had a history and reputation as big partiers in the city. While its inevitable to prevent a star player to be out there like that, these guys crossed the line many times. I mean hell, Andray came here acting like such a clown that he got shot. If you think these are good locker room influences for a kid who is going to be the face of sports in this city, id say youre an idiot.

This team has a chance to turn EVERYTHING around, new owner, Number 1 pick, tons of money to throw around...why not do things right for a change and get some guys in here who care about playing basketball and not going out and getting trashed every night.

From all accounts, Wall is a pretty good kid, loves to be in the gym, got good grades at Kentucky...all of that, so I dont think he has many character flaws. (something which seemed to be rampant with these young dudes the Wizards were getting for a while.)

If the Wizards make some smart moves, which I dont doubt they will do with Leonsis...they can EASILY make the playoffs next year.
Not saying I totally disagree, my comment was more along the lines that you would be the one to make that comment. 
That said... The Wizards are in a bit of a quandary. John Wall is the best player available. I think Turner would work better in Saunders' offense (though I still don't like a coach who has yet to prove anything on the defensive side of the ball when it matters) than Wall due to his offenses needed a point guard that can not only distribute, but can also create his own shot whether it be driving or pulling up (see Billups and Uggface Cassell). I'm not saying Wall can't be that eventually, but his game doesn't say that right now. I see Wall being similar to what Derrick Rose is. I guess you can move Arenas to the shooting guard, but how is having two 6'4 guards working out for Chicago.

Just look at the teams that Saunder's has had success with. He's always had a Point guard who can distribute but also create his own shot. He's always had another perimeter player that could go for at least 18 a night (Latrell "I got Kids to feed" Sprewell, or Richard Hamilton) and someone to be a post presence whether offensively or defensively (KG, Wallace squared)

I don't see the Wizards being built in the same way.

On the off the court aspect, Arenas had one bad off season decision. It was a horrible one, but what else bad has he done, other than having a birthday party at Love every year? Blatche and Young, well, in my eyes, they both have one year to get their acts together. 

^
I'm not just crapping on Arenas just due to this past season.

But, just my opinion, you having [Rick James, Chappelle Show] "Delusions of Ganter."

Arenas has never been, and will never be, a leader.. Although he's getting paid leader money.  That's always been the catch with him, and %@!$ just hit the fan last season to further prove it.

Jamison and Butler fulfilled those roles on the team.  Arenas, when challenged to be more of a leader by coach Jordan, balked at the idea numerous times.  That's documented public information, as Arenas stated so himself.

A 19 year old, coming in, showing more leadership than a vet. and the former face of the franchise will be a conflict.  Arenas history says so.  And, of all people, Arenas got some nerve, but it is what it is.

He gotta roll.  ASAP.

Wizards organization has NO choice.  Cut your losses, and move forward.

Pay him his bread over time, and tell him to get to stepping jo....

VarisoxFan What roots in DC? Rudy Gay is from B-More... that said, I do like him coming here to play our SF.

i honestly think that ted leonsis will give gil another chance to prove himself. he's been a total mess this season with the gun charges and a sub-par 32 games but i believe he'll change for the better. i hope...

john wall and gilbert in the backcourt can co-exist imo.

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Do the Wiz have any money to make moves this summer in the free agent market?
Yeah, they only have 5 players signed through next year. Hopefully six soon with them retaining Livingston

I'd love Rudy on this team...but they'd have to commit a large percentage of that money to him, and I just can't justify maxing out Rudy Gay.

Would be nice tho.

G - Wall
G - Young (I refuse to acknowledge Arenas as part of the team)
F - Gay
F - Blatche
C - McGee

VarisoxFan What roots in DC? Rudy Gay is from B-More... that said, I do like him coming here to play our SF.

my fault, i meant to say "the area." playing for the Wizards for him would be playing for his hometown team.

its great to see the Wizards (for the first time in a long time) have so many options and possibilities to make this a respectable team.

how long before John Wall does the dance to an Eastern Motors Commercial?

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Do the Wiz have any money to make moves this summer in the free agent market?
Yeah, they only have 5 players signed through next year. Hopefully six soon with them retaining Livingston
Looks like they can turn the organization in  short amount of time if they make the right moves this summer, anything is possible in the eastern conference lol. Im ready to start supporting Washington basketball again, haven't been a fan since we were the Bullets.

I'm not a Wiz fan, but their best bet is to keep Livingston, and sign Gay.

Draft Wall, and go after a center. Oden and Pryzbilla are free agents.

They need a center BADLY.......

Back
Top Bottom