NBA Dunk Contest 2010 will feature an Amateur?

After weeks of windmills, 360s and through-the-leg dunks, 10 semifinalists have been selected from among amateur dunkers across the U.S., and it is now up to you to decide which four dunkers go on to compete in the first-ever Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown at the 2010 NBA All-Star Game in Dallas. There they will compete for the $10,000 Grand Prize and the opportunity to be involved in the NBA's Saturday Night SDC.
Linkfrom Yahoo

Air Up There is on the voting page too.. Could be quite epic if they compete in the Saturday contest with LeTape
pimp.gif

It will be cool to watch I guess...but this whole contest is just one big joke now.

Great news... hopefully this moves the contest away from the gimmicks, and towards better dunks.

I'm hoping for somebody from TFB.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It will be cool to watch I guess...but this whole contest is just one big joke now.
It certainly feels like a joke now.
smh.gif

This is the NBA Dunk Contest. What part of the NBA relates to "amateurs?"

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Interesting concept. Hopefully they bring something new.

You must not be familiar with the guys likely to make it. Guy Dupuy can do a between the legs and put his elbow in the rim, at 6'3! Haneef can do awindmill and elbow hang, at 5'10! RudeBoi can do a vertical 180 between the legs, at 5'8! Air Up There is a known commodity, but the rest of theseFlight Brothers are not to be slept on either.

i think its a dumb idea sure these guys can jam but i think the nba dunk contest should be reserved for nba players. if your gonna bring in a non nba guy bringin kadour ziani. also i really wanna see james white in there not sure if he's on a nba team though.

I got a feeling that somehow the dunk contest will be "fixed" somehow so that way one of the NBA competitors wins. As a way to show that the NBAstill has the best Dunkers in the world...to the untrained eye

If LeBron does it then i think VC and Melo might hop in it. James White and Mike Taylor need to get invites though

Originally Posted by woody2626

If LeBron does it then i think VC and Melo might hop in it. James White and Mike Taylor need to get invites though

Melo?
eyes.gif
I don't really see Melo in a dunk contest...

This has become the biggest joke. Look, I'm not a fan of Rudy Fernandez. But he got f-ed last year.

I don't like the idea. I hope the NBA can come up with an alternative to the dunk contest one day.

Just like others have said, it's a joke now.
Originally Posted by dland24

The dunk contest is back!!!
laugh.gif

the last BEST slam dunk contest they had was when VC/tmac/franchise participated...
pimp.gif

also the last slam dunk contest richardson got ROBBED of was up for consideration too but they fell off HARDDD when they only had 4 dunkers and added gimmicks

Back
Top Bottom