[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[quote name="CP"]I've also seen the Spurs cough up a series in which they led. It happens. [/quote] I don't believe that you know of any times when this Spurs lost a series that they lead in. Could you please provide some proof of this? :D[quote name="CP"] So the "it's almost over" talk gotta chill for now. Makes about as much sense as Magic wearin a "I just donated blood" ribbon on his collar.[/quote]

He cares about stats a lot during the regular season. I've seen him not shoot half court shots with a few seconds left in the quarter many times. But playoffs? I havent seen anything like that

[quote name="CP"]I've also seen the Spurs cough up a series in which they led. It happens.
I don't believe that you know of any times when this Spurs lost a series that they lead in. Could you please provide some proof of this? :D[quote name="CP"] So the "it's almost over" talk gotta chill for now. Makes about as much sense as Magic wearin a "I just donated blood" ribbon on his collar.[/quote] [/quote]

12 months ago, up 2-0.

View media item 452479
From Croissant to Cronut

All this fuss about the Cronut, the new Frankenpastry that is half croissant, half doughnut. Yes, yes, the daily supply of 300 at Dominique Ansel’s SoHo bakery is gone in a flash, even with a limit of two per person. It’s delectably cream-filled and flakily layered. But really, it’s just the latest iteration of the croissant in the last 325 years or so.
— FLORENCE FABRICANT

you peasants better get familiar

limit 2 per customer and some place in soho :lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
[quote name="CP"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="CP"]I've also seen the Spurs cough up a series in which they led. It happens. [/quote] I don't believe that you know of any times when this Spurs lost a series that they lead in. Could you please provide some proof of this? :D[/quote]12 months ago, up 2-0.[/quote]You need to check one of your online meters. :lol:

Spurs in 5. Y'all heat fans are in denial. If the series were reversed with 3 games in Miami and Allen/Battier were lighting it up in game 3 people would be saying this heat team is the greatest team of all time. Game 4 will be huge and I'm expecting the spurs to take it

Spurs in 5. Y'all heat fans are in denial. If the series were reversed with 3 games in Miami and Allen/Battier were lighting it up in game 3 people would be saying this heat team is the greatest team of all time. Game 4 will be huge and I'm expecting the spurs to take it
Pretty sure you said Tony Park would 'FEAST' though :lol:

Also, there's a very big difference between say a Danny Green/Gary Neal and a Ray Allen/Shane Battier.

Consistency vs Flash in the pan.

If I remember correctly, the Heat have made a habit of coming back from a series deficit. 2-1 Indy last year. 3-2 Boston last year. 1-0 Thunder last year. 1-0 Bulls this year. They were down 1-0 to the Spurs and won the next game. The Heat do fine trailing in a series, usually.

I've also seen the Spurs cough up a series in which they led. It happens.

So the "it's almost over" talk gotta chill for now. Makes about as much sense as Magic wearin a "I just donated blood" ribbon on his collar.

Calm down.

I agree with the bolded part.
:lol: magic comment
They are only up one game, still a lot of basketball to be played

Of course most people in here must be 16-22 to say that MJ and KOBE didnt have bad finals games. We all know about kobe in the finals and the playoffs....

Now I agree MJ is the GOAT. I'm actually old enough and can say I watched most of his career and seen him play in person numerous times... With that said.... Discuss

No. 10 Jordan worst - Game 3 1998 Finals - Jordan only had 24 points on a night where he took only 14 shots of which he made 7. He made 10 of 11 from the line against Utah and the Bulls won anyway. Jordan added only 3 rebs, 2 assists, 1 stl and 1 blk.

No. 9 Jordan worst - In the 1996 closer against Seattle (game 6), Jordan won on Father’s Day, and capped off a comeback like no other finishing off a 72-10 season. But in that last game he didn’t put up impressive individual stats…well he did, but just not compared to himself. He was rather Kobeish in this one. Jordan had a career Finals low 22 points on 5 of 19 shooting. He did make 11 of 12 from the line and added seven boards but he did have five turnovers. His stats weren’t his best, but it was his most satisfying title win that night!

No. 8 Jordan worst – The Seattle series in 1996 was the only time Jordan had great teammates. In game one he had a sub-par Jordan game but the team still won. MJ scored 28 points on 9 of 18 shooting. He also made 9 of 10 from the line and added 7 rebs 2 asts 2 stls and 1 blk. He did have 4 fouls, but this is Jordan’s eighth WORST finals game, that’s how good he was.

No. 7 Jordan worst – When the Bulls lost to Portland in game four of the 1992 Finals he was kind of off, but his teammates were to blame on a higher level. Jordan contributed with 32 points, but only made 11 of 26 shots from the field. He was a perfect 8 for 8 from the line but only hit 2 of 6 three’s. He did have six assists and five boards in the game but it wasn’t enough – after all he didn’t have Shaq or Gasol to make him look better.

No. 6 Jordan worst – At age 35 Jordan was the oldest NBA MVP and scoring champion ever. The first finals game in 1998 kind of showed his age and the Jazz won. Jordan did have an outstanding 33 points but he shot badly (for MJ not for Kobe) with a 13/29 shooting night and 6/8 free throws. He had two blocks but no steals and only two assists with three boards in the loss.

No. 5 Jordan worst – Game 3 1992 Finals vs. Portland wasn’t Jordan’s greatest personal performance ever, but he still willed his team to the win in the end. His point total was 26, on 11 of 22 shooting. He missed all four three pointers he took but he did have 3 steals 4 assists and 5 rebounds. In the press conference, as if apologizing for only scoring 26 in the win Jordan said, “It was a win, and that’s all that matters.”

No. 4 Jordan worst – Any loss in the Finals for Jordan was a bad game to him. In game five in 1998 vs. Utah, Jordan ‘only’ had 28 points in 45 minutes of play and the team lost. He shot an abysmal 9 of 26 from the field and the Bulls just looked lost. Jordan came up with 10 of 11 free throws but added only 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals.

No. 3 Jordan worst – Jordan did shoot 50% on the night and he held up his end of the bargain but the Bulls did lose against Seattle in game 5 of 1996. He had a personal low one assist in the game but he did score 26 points. Was he being selfish or did his teammates suck that bad? I’d go with his teammates sucked that bad, not like Shaq or Gasol. This was Longley and Wennington. After all Jordan did go 11/22 on the night in his third worst ever Finals game.

No. 2 Jordan worst – In game four vs Utah in 1997, the 34 year-old Jordan, tied a personal career finals low with only 22 points. He was 11/27 from the field, and the Bulls lost their second in a row against the Jazz.

No. 1 Jordan worst – After winning the first three in a row of the 1996 Finals the Bulls came out sluggish in game four leading to the first of two straight losses. Jordan looked a grizzled 33 years old in his worst ever finals game. He only shot 6 of 19 from the field and he made 11 of 13 free throws but he did miss both his three attempts. He only had three rebounds and two assists with one steal. His four turnovers and three fouls with 23 points in a loss, made this the worst Jordan ever played in the finals, which ain’t really that bad compared to… you know who! Ha ha ha

Also, there's a very big difference between say a Danny Green/Gary Neal and a Ray Allen/Shane Battier.

Danny Green's shooting was "flash in the pan"? Dude is a lights out shooter in this league. He'll continue to light it up unless the Heat switch it up defensively/Wade pulls his head out of his ***.

As of now Green is probably the Finals MVP.

Last edited:
I see it like this, if miami wins tomorrow, it's going 7, if spurs win, it's going 5... And i think spurs will win tomorrow. There's NO WAY Pop loses a closeout

At this point, IMO, if u were to put Debron and Howard on the same team..

They wouldnt win a damn thing..

Both are too immature for this grown man game..

Its more of a mental game than a physical game anyway at this level..

If all Debron wants to do is high fly in the air, go get a job at American Airlines..

Winning all the little BS accolades means nothing compared to that 1 thing thats coveted the most.

And this guy doesnt even want it..Or want to earn it..

Leave the rings and titles to the big boys I say...

I'd risk it :nerd: in purple and gold preferably around July next summer

Their are 2 games left and I expect Parker to start his campaign for finals MVP but he heat starting trapping and those perimeter shooter starting FEASTING

But the difference between Allen/Battier and Neal/Green should show you that the spurs are ready for this 'ship since them vets ain't showing up.

And my consistency vs. flash in the pan quote is basically the name of this series

As for Lebron, it's not that he even has bad shooting games in the Finals, all the greats have, but now 2 out of the last 3 years, he just looks like he's going through the motions out there. I can't figure out why, I spoke with a few Heat fans today at work and they were saying it's like 2011 all over again. Jordan and Bean have had off nights but never have I seen them be so non-chalant and dismissive on the Finals stage, if anything especially in Bean's case they've tried to at times do too much. It boggles my mind that a transcendent talent like Lebron inexplicably just go into this bizzaro land again after I thought he broke through last season.

Legacy defining game tomorrow for LBJ.

CP wrong as hell for that Magic comment.
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom