• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a lot of trees, so couldn't get DirecTV. Or are you against boxes completely lol

Uverse is either hit or miss depending on your area, but for me it was a complete miss. Internet interruptions 20+ times a day. TV going out for extended periods. Knowing how the technician likes his tea because of how much time he spent at my place. Terrible, man.

My neighbors have them and I see that stupid *** AT&T van outside of their house a couple times a week.

If Mitchell and Gobert is as bad as some of y'all say they are.... :lol:

How are they making the playoffs the past two years over guys who some of y'all say are much better players.. In the Western conference no less

usa_today_10024370.1493632611.jpg

Without rose that bulls team is this year's jazz at best. Not tryna hear any rose slander on this glorious mother's day morning.

Anyway I'm watching game 6 highlights again and harden is responsible for sooooo many defensive breakdowns it doesn't make sense. Completely loses Klay on a vintage defensive juggernaut play for an open 3. Forgets who he's supposed to be guarding so gordon has to help, easy swing pass leads to an open layup. Doesn't bother to get back on a fast break and the warriors get an easy bucket on an undermanned defense. Legit doesn't even appear on screen until the ball is already thru the net. And this is just the first half alone. And yet you got people still caping him for him, making excuses and blaming everyone but him. It's stupifying

Repped because I agree but you can't leave out Thibodeau even though I know you hate him. :lol:

The game may have passed him by now but at the time he had the best defensive scheme in the league. The Bulls went from outside the top 10 on defense to #1 in Thibs' first year there with mostly the same players.
Thibs was good. He did a good job especially on the defensive side of the ball where he did an outstanding job, but I always felt he was a poor offensive coach. He also was insanely committed to getting the #1 seed which is why he played all his guys playoff minutes his whole career... And we know how that story ended.

The weird thing about that Bulls team is they had a lot of Good but not Great elements, which is exactly why they were a good but not great team. So whenever someone wants to try to make one of the elements seem great, they have to try and tear down the other parts of the team to try and increase their shine by comparison. That's how we ended up with people saying Thibs was the best coach in the league (yep, this was a big thing especially from the Lowes and Simmonses of the world) and Rose was MVP, and Noah was DPOY, and Taj was 6MOTY, and they wanted Mirotic to be ROTY all over a few years , but simultaneously the reason each guy deserved all these accolades was because everyone around them was so bad and being carried.

Ultimately they were a pretty straightforward and unmemorable team to generate all that attention: a great defensive, mediocre offensive team that played its guys crazy minutes in the regular season to chase the #1 seed and never had a shot in the playoffs when things got serious. You could say something similar about Rose: really good inside scorer, not a good defender, couldn't shoot, sometimes a good passer but generally pretty selfish, etc. Not the pieces of an NBA great but his fanbase is rabid.

this is the same take as Iverson carried a team to the finals. That never happened . It's the equivalent to saying Russell Wilson carried his team to the super bowl the year they beat the broncos in the title game.
And that isn't to take anything away from either of them
I thought about making that RW comparison but decided I didn't want to start that war too :lol:

hmm tell someone to "sit their *** down" but don't want to explain his own thinking...

no ****, of course they wouldn't start for the warriors if klay, KD, and dray are there. but let's hear your reasons as to why Gordon and Tucker are considered "bums"? those same bums were the ones hitting shots, going 8/10 down the stretch of game 5 when harden was out there "making the right plays" by not handling the ball or shooting. but "bums"
You said they're starters in every other team, you already lost your argument.

Then you doubled down saying well maybe and now you're saying no **** they cant start over "insert warriors name here".

So which one is it.

These are the same bums that sarted the year ... before Harden took over ....

Naw let me stop over thinking it, they can start in every team .

So they arent bums compared to you and me ...

You said they're starters in every other team, you already lost your argument.

Then you doubled down saying well maybe and now you're saying no **** they cant start over "insert warriors name here".

So which one is it.

These are the same bums that sarted the year ... before Harden took over ....

Naw let me stop over thinking it, they can start in every team .

So they arent bums compared to you and me ...

bruh you still deflecting with sarcasm and aint even provided a single reason as to why they're "bums" relative to their NBA peers. just because you want to run with this notion that they're "bums" doesn't mean it's true. folk are just reckless and act like opinion is fact

small sample size but still relevant. gordon and tucker during this series:
gordon: 20ppg on 45%FG and 35% from three. he hit big shots in both their wins
tucker: 11ppg, two 3s, 8 rebounds a game (bunch of them leading to second chance opportunities) while defending KD about as well as anyone could. and correct me if i'm wrong but tucker played the role that beverly did in the clippers series extremely well.

i'll stop before the "take it to the off-season thread" comments come.

Last edited:
Y’all do realize why James is so lazy on defense right? The entire offense runs through him. The man is exhausted. He’s not gonna give his best effort on D.

Y’all do realize why James is so lazy on defense right? The entire offense runs through him. The man is exhausted. He’s not gonna give his best effort on D.

This is such a lazy response. Klay is probably in motion as much as anyone in the NBA on the offensive end and he is out there guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player every night

You dont see Giannis being a ****** defender and that entire offense runs through him as well

This is such a lazy response. Klay is probably in motion as much as anyone in the NBA on the offensive end and he is out there guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player every night

You doing see Giannis being a ****ty defender and that entire offense runs through him as well

And it's not even just because he's lazy even though him having absolutely no heart or hustle is definitely problematic. But he just gets completely lost half the time. Iggy had 5 3s, 3 of them were on Harden. One was because harden got lost and left him butt naked. The other two were piss poor half assed closeouts by James heimlich. He was getting lost on defense as soon as the game started but you're telling me he's exhausted already? Lmao. He does not do the little things necessary to win games. But hey he jacks up 15 stepbacks a game so crown his *** >D

And it's not even just because he's lazy even though him having absolutely no heart or hustle is definitely problematic. But he just gets completely lost half the time. Iggy had 5 3s, 3 of them were on Harden. One was because harden got lost and left him butt naked. The other two were piss poor half assed closeouts by James heimlich. He was getting lost on defense as soon as the game started but you're telling me he's exhausted already? Lmao. He does not do the little things necessary to win games. But hey he jacks up 15 stepbacks a game so crown his *** >D
JAMES HEIMLECH :rofl: :rofl:

The funniest **** about Harden is everyone knows the book on him. Attack him on defense, make him work for everything in the first 4 games of the series and he’ll fade during games 5-7.

Every single year.
It’s clockwork.

GET YOUR CONDITIONING UP OR ASK FOR A NEW COACH THAT DOESNT RUN YOU TO THE GROUND DURING THE SEASON.

how many times during the season was Harden playing unnecessary minutes in the 4th to get his stats up? You can say, “he needed to play, they would’ve lost without him” but MDA failing to develop any other players and over relying on his stars is why they fade every May.

Woah just realized that Denver v. Portland is the early game today?

Thrown me for a loop but I'm here for it.

Finally finished watching.

The energy they came out with in this game compared to G4 was night & day. Inexcusable.

No Durant. First half zero points for Steph, foul trouble too so he’s not even on the damn floor to affect the game with his “gravity”.... tie game anyway. Klay Dray & co. actually outplayed them & had the lead late before a quick flurry before the half. 9 points alone to Klay Thompson from lazy off-ball defense. Ridiculous.

Harden checks in with 10 mins left in the 4th. 20 possessions, just 7 conversions before that Klay dagger. Over that stretch, three complete bonehead turnovers from James and a blown layup. In between two buckets, both Harden on Steph, they went scoreless for 4 minutes trying to iso Klay & Iguodala.

Chris Paul also had a few brain farts defending that Steph/Dray pnr. 10 min mark Dray slipped it, Steph drove & Paul literally stopped playing & gave up a layup. Matador defense. Few mins later Dray slipped it again, Steph gave it up, CP watching the ball instead of his man, Steph got it back for an open 3.

Then on the Klay dagger, GSW ran it again. Rockets game plan had been to trap Steph, hug Klay, and make Draymond either make a floater, tough lob to Looney, or pass to Iggy.

He made the pass to Iggy open in the corner, on the close out Paul leaves an open passing lane to Klay, ball game.

The few times they actually hunted Steph, late they were decently successful, while GSW spammed that 1/4 pnr almost every time down. 5 missed free throws in the game by James & his 3 idiotic turnovers in the 4th killed them.

Preachin in a pulpit

Back
Top Bottom