• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The bay will never die! Like roaches, just if they had gentrified and call themselves "light adverse beings" now.

People always assume success comes easier for folks who grow up wealthy. I get they have access and means that the less fortunate don’t but this isn’t like the college admissions scandal where Steph was gifted a spot in the league just because of his pops :lol: To say that he was expected to be where he is now or even close up until 2015 or so is a lie hence where being an underdog comes in because no one expected this level of greatness and success.

I'd like to think that everyone knows what it takes to make it to the top now. You've go to have that edge, that thing that you check into. It is a mean thing where you want to destroy everyone, a chip on the shoulder that you carry for the rest of your life, not only your career. I am willing to bet that Steph Curry is meaner than his brother, and that is the difference maker. Steph smiles a lot, does not look threatening, but he also seems to want to slit your through at the same time. Jordan had it, and he never backed down against bullies. He wasn't afraid of nobody. Ali had that thing, even entertainers have that edge. Miles Davis was a mean mofo. People who become great not only are gifted through genes, but they also want to kick everyone in the ***. Serena Williams has it much more than her sister Venus. You'd think that Serena will walk across the court, then hit someone with a racket. I love that. Steph is putting it up from half court, in a game no less, with the damned game on the line.

Steph Curry put in the work to be where he is today

However having a father who was an NBA player who knew the path to get to the NBA and not having to deal with poverty was an advantage that other players will never experience.

He was shooting in a NBA court weekly seeing what his dad and his teammates were doing and what kind of work was necessary to get there.

Even his mom's said she didnt think he'd make it. being so small t like 6'2 160. Dude was built like a kid. All that other stuff only gets you so far. Opportunity is created by you.

Dude was Southern Conference player of the year and drafted 7th overall.

He did put in work in his high school years and in college to get to the NBA but his fathers name surely elevated his platform to get noticed

he wasnt even scouted man. that name got him nothing. Davidson was a nobody school. Dude is from carolina and got no love from duke or unc.

His own mom didn't even believe he'd make it. He was so small. 6'2 160. all that other stuff only gets you so far. You gotta create your own opportunities.

The odds are definitely stacked, and advantages are there, but that resolve is also there. I believe it is inherent in our human beings being. If these players didn't have it, none would make a free throw with thousands of people booing them. No matter if rich, poor, or middle class. You can have a million people tell you your great, but if you don't believe it...same as if you have a million people tell you your horrible and you do.

he wasnt even scouted man. that name got him nothing. Davidson was a nobody school. Dude is from carolina and got no love from duke or unc.
Mans like Pascal Siakam were playing soccer on a dirt field and studying to become a priest when he was 16

steph only in the league due to the college admissions scandal. dell curry paid william singer to get steph a spot on the crew team for the perennial powerhouse known as davidson college. but steph ****** around and ended up playing basketball. as it stands, dell is currently paying adam silver and joe lacob to let steph be a starter on the warriors and all star teams.

People always assume success comes easier for folks who grow up wealthy. I get they have access and means that the less fortunate don’t but this isn’t like the college admissions scandal where Steph was gifted a spot in the league just because of his pops :lol: To say that he was expected to be where he is now or even close up until 2015 or so is a lie hence where being an underdog comes in because no one expected this level of greatness and success.
Who said it’s easier? Who said it was gifted to him? Who said no basketball related work needed to be done?

The point is you have it easier in a sense where life is all and only basketball while others have it harder growing up in poverty having to deal with those real life situations. You guys are willing to say life rich/well off is the same as life in poverty? Don’t even answer that :lol:

Mans like Pascal Siakam were playing soccer on a dirt field and studying to become a priest when he was 16
i'm failing to hear how that makes him an underdog. It was a choice based on where he was.

Dont forget he's also 6'9 and crazy athletic. It's not like he's 5'9 and was studying to be a priet until he accidentally walked into a practice..stayed and watched and loved the game. I'm sure sports found him.

We'll see if when the Raptors win this series if Steph gets the proper slander that's warranted off a player of his caliber. Cause when you take a hard look at the facts he's ONLY in this position to be a top 15-20 player because of KD. I'll delve deeper after the game tonight.

He was a 2x MVP one of which was unanimous, an NBA champion and beat Lebron in a series before KD did. He snatched the Western Conference from KD and made him come join in the process. Respect that man.

In what world is 6’3 undersized for a point guard?

I swear y’all out here trying to portray him as his pops teammate Mugsy Bogues

Reactions: HIM
Back
Top Bottom