• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
russ is one of those guys that got by with athleticism. hell, even bron added a little more to his game and an improved shot. russ been in the damn league for almost 10 yrs and still thinks he can stroke the 3pt shot. his shot selection has gotten worse

i'd bet russell doesnt put in work in the gym like he's supposed to. based on his thoughts on game tape, i bet he is one of those A.I. Tmac type dudes that just relies on his athleticism to carry him. Dude is nowhere near as good as he even was when he played with KD or his MVP year. His midrange/elbow pullup used to be so money it was automatic. and his MVP season, dude could hit from anywhere. His game has regressed in such a way, he plays like he has a brain tumor most nights. wide..wide...WIDE open layups and at the last second, make a contested pass to steven adams when he's not even in position.

No way he puts the time in during the summer on anything except his bench press and sprints.

He honestly seems like he trains as a track/football athlete rather than a basketball athlete. And just tries to keep being as explosive and strong as possible rather than work on fundamental basketball.

I think most of the people here are smart enough to realize its in slow motion...

But anyways the ball was in the air for 1.7 seconds, traveled 37 feet and apex of the arc was well above the backboard, so high it was out of the camera frame for a moment. So yea, there was more time to watch that ball in the air than basically any shot that isn't a 1/2-3/4 court heave.

The Xbox 360 streets need you :'(

I wouldn’t assume Russ doesn’t work on his game but moreso maybe he never evolved.

Being completely objective he really hasn't in fact his style of play has been enabled by the environment around him and as much as I personally enjoyed the 2016 season; it may have been the worst thing to happen to him development wise. That MVP award validated a particular style of play for him which he's continued to implement going forward which would be fine except that the team is better now and his shooting has gotten worse.

I think beyond the physical limitations most of Russ's issues are mental, he was making a conscious effort the first half of the season to trust his teammates more than he ever had post KD and let go of the reigns and PG & the team was flourishing. But alas in tense moments he reverts back to old habits and his decision making falters.

It's just hard for somebody to turn off that emotion and what essentially makes him what he is as a player and brought him the success and accolades he's gotten, but he has to harness it going forward. He's a stubborn ******* though, but maybe the level of slander he's going to endure over the coming summer will give him the push he needs. Still riding til the wheels fall off.

Russ doesn’t have the best shot selection but it isn’t the worst honestly. Great players have to take bad shots. The game isn’t played in black or white. You can’t jusf go to the rim every damn time especially at 30 and with 4 knee surgeries

He’s just got to become a better shooter for OKC to reach their optimal potential, if that still is even a thing

Russ doesn’t have the best shot selection but it isn’t the worst honestly. Great players have to take bad shots. The game isn’t played in black or white. You can’t jusf go to the rim every damn time especially at 30 and with 4 knee surgeries

He’s just got to become a better shooter for OKC to reach their optimal potential, if that still is even a thing

I’d like to see him add a floater too. All that super Dave stuff ain’t cool

Someone said PG should try and force his way to the Lakers again. :lol:

Lmaooooooo. We not giving up the farm for him anymore.

If he wants to come we’ll give y’all. Wagner + Muscala and a Pick but tother than that FOH
Well if he wants off the thunder you better believe he’ll say he “only wants to to the lakers” so that he doesn’t go there. Seems a tactic players are using. Use us as leverage

And this is where we gotta really relax & humble ourselves, say wateva you want about Russ deficiencies in his game compared to the other ELITE PLAYERS IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME, but now ya'll telling a MVP caliber player, multiple time All Star, Guaranteed HOF'er.... how to train & what he should be practicing :lol::lol:

*****s be in here talking like they Pat Riley in the flesh, imagine telling someone who reached historical heights in their profession that their method of training is wasting time :rofl:
What are we allowed to say then oh wise one

I don’t think Leonard will find a better fit during his prime than what he has now

Perfect compliments up and down the roster. Clear pecking order. Offensive and defensive balance and versatility and shooting. Seemingly forward thinking coach. No egos anywhere outside of Lowry but he knows his role

The weakest link long term would be lowrys exit from his prime
I don’t know if he’s learned from Lebron or not but if he cares about his career he’s gonna stay his *** in the east.

If he wants lifestyle he’ll go back home west

West will always be tougher

Ricky freaking Rubio was busting his *** last year, and dude came out like, Imma put a stop to that.

Russel Westbrook is like a pro wrestler who suddenly gets tossed into the UFC,

Suddenly, felxing and looking tough have nothing to do with how good you actually are.

Russ = CM Punk?

rbvD5Ky.gif

If he wants to come we’ll give y’all. Wagner + Muscala and a Pick but tother than that FOH

PG’s under contract in OKC for a minimum of two more season. He has no leverage to force a trade.

I said a while ago Russ is pretty much the perfect star for being in NBA purgatory. And I think OKC is content with that. Good enough to sell tickets and merchandise I suppose.

lakers fans stay delusional, do you even have a GM :lol:

I said a while ago Russ is pretty much the perfect star for being in NBA purgatory. And I think OKC is content with that. Good enough to sell tickets and merchandise I suppose.

This is true, I and most people thought he was outta there after KD left. They're never going to hate him cause he chose to stay.

Small market team plus he generates a ton of buzz during the regular season (doubles, triples, etc...). From a business/marketing point of view, he's actually quite solid.

Back
Top Bottom