• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Y'all realize EVERY superstar receives criticism right?
Bron, Jordan, Kobe, Harden, etc. Steph isn't immune to it. We're in the age of social media.
It comes with the territory.
True to this. But c'mon, dude shattered the record for threes over and over, but Ray Allen's a better shooter? Larry Bird? That's the big difference, none of those guys had people downplaying their abilities or accomplishments. It was just hate cause they weren't on the haters teams.

Again, it’s different because he’s so dominant...doing it in a way that we’ve literally never seen before...and people still have a tough time fully understanding it or giving it its proper credit and context. We can conceptualize a 6’8 freak athlete wing or 7ft center dominating the game. It’s conventional basketball. What are eyes see...tell us that THOSE guys are the ones supposed to be dominating. Steph tho...there’s been push back...every step of the way.

The reason we moved the award shows to after the playoffs, actually started with his first MVP run. The first ever “Players Award Show”...came in 2015. After Steph won it. The players voted Harden in the offseason. They didn’t believe Steph was the “real mvp”. They thought the 67 win team in 2015 was a fluke. Then they followed that up with 73 wins and the unanimous mvp season...it shut some up...but their was still skepticism. And that skepticism got confirmed in the 2016 finals. Order was restored in conventional nba wisdom. The only time you really saw a meltdown. Then the KD thing happened...and it really upset people for a number of complex reasons.

Adding KD also served to add a top three player to a 73 win team, and allow more room for steph, who is indeed one of the best three point shooters of all-time, to work with the crazy range that he has. You can't just ignore the fact that the Warriors were masterfully constructed. Curry undoubtedly benefits from having that roster. So when you're talking 'Most Valuable' you have to respect a guy doing so much with so much less.

3 championships in 4 years...about to be 4 in 5....and there is still some resistance to fully recognize the greatness. Not only amongst a segment of fans...but amongst peers to. It’s what Iggy was literally saying man :lol:. It’s a lot that goes into it. They’ve been having these discussions for a minute.
Again, we are acknowledging that he's floating around the perimiter on literally one of the best constructed NBA rosters of all-time, right? We can't give Steph all this credit and not be realistic about the fact that Draymond's all-time great role playing, KD's all-time great everything and Klay's all-time great shooting makes his job a lot easier than someone like James Harden, right?

True to this. But c'mon, dude shattered the record for threes over and over, but Ray Allen's a better shooter? Larry Bird? That's the big difference, none of those guys had people downplaying their abilities or accomplishments. It was just hate cause they weren't on the haters teams.
Noone is denying steph as an all time great shooter, he still gotta pass Reggie and Ray tho

All-time great player is a different conversation

Y'all realize EVERY superstar receives criticism right?
Bron, Jordan, Kobe, Harden, etc. Steph isn't immune to it. We're in the age of social media.
It comes with the territory.

:emoji_100:

It's like they want Steph to get extra credit AND not get the criticism every other all time great does. Just look at how they reacted in game 3 when he scored 47 and got blown off the floor at home. "See don't y'all ever say Steph doesn't show up in the Finals" or even last game where he finally hits a clutch shot after fading something serious in that 2nd half. "See GOATPG Theezus revenge tour dummy rey moe".

It's ridiculous. If he loses tonight or on Sunday we getting at him the same way we have gotten at Bron when he loses or Kobe or anybody else.

“Everybody hates on him”

Ok who?

“Well....... everybody hates on him....?”

Ok....? Who are you talking about?

“Ehhh..... you just don’t get it.......”

:rofl:

I’ll just leave this here. This has been a “thing”. It’s what Iggy talks about. You clearly out the loop tho, and lack comprehension. But what the old head and old school guys say...is a sentiment.

@12:30 mark in first video.

You’d be surprised at how many people think Steph is “just a shooter”. “‘Not an all around player” etc. When he’s proven he’s about as complete a player as there is.

*****s in here were arguing that Wall & Westbrook are better PGs than him :lol:. That’s wild.

View attachment 2358321

It’s why a Doc Rivers and many smart basketball heads will say that Steph is “underrated”.

6FE95F35-161F-4D90-9724-A558A3706A9D.png

Steph has bbbad ankles
Steph just a three point chucker
Can't lead a team to anything, team had to draft two hall of famers to help him
Defensive black hole
Just a few takes over the years, from nt. Dude was not supposed to be here 6, 7 years ago. According to nt, though. And social media. And talking heads.

1. Steph can drive to the basket he has handles. His shooting percentage says that he’s far from a “chucker”
2. Steph led Davidson to elite 8 and barely lost. Durant lost in first round of tournament at UT with far better talent.
3. Statistically he’s not any worse than Lebron on defense actually better.
Your points sound like you don’t even watch basketball.

In fairness, he hasn't been without a cast of future Hall of Famers long enough to disprove most of this.

Just looking at it honestly and realistically, he's benefited from probably the best starting lineup of all-time. That's undeniable.

Remember the argument saying that MJ isn't the GOAT because he has another hall of famer and one of the best coaches of all time and he was lucky in that way and couldn't win without them?

This feels familiar.

I’ll just leave this here. This has been a “thing”. It’s what Iggy talks about. You clearly out the loop tho, and lack comprehension. But what the old head and old school guys say...is a sentiment.

You’d be surprised at how many people think Steph is “just a shooter”. “‘Not an all around player” etc. When he’s proven he’s about as complete a player as there is.

*****s in here were arguing that Wall & Westbrook are better PGs than him :lol:. That’s wild.

View attachment 2358321

It’s why a Doc Rivers and many smart basketball heads will say that Steph is “underrated”.

You gonna post Tv “click bait” shows and articles as your proof? Go back in time and look at how many people thought Kobe “sucks” or “Bron is only good because.......”. Just take the L my dude. The very article you initially posted was trash. Keep it moving

To negate the click bait you posted I can find “Curry the best ____” articles. Again, learn what validity means and while you’re at it look up what credibility means.

1. Steph can drive to the basket he has handles. His shooting percentage says that he’s far from a “chucker”
2. Steph led Davidson to elite 8 and barely lost. Durant lost in first round of tournament at UT with far better talent.
3. Statistically he’s not any worse than Lebron on defense actually better.
Your points sound like you don’t even watch basketball.
Apparantly my sarcasm is not strong enough, lol. My points, these are not intended to be.

Remember the argument saying that MJ isn't the GOAT because he has another hall of famer and one of the best coaches of all time and he was lucky in that way and couldn't win without them?

This feels familiar.
You really think those Bulls lineups were the same as what the Warriors put together?

Are we comparing Steph to Jordan here?:lol:

There's always going to be those guys. 9/10 people will tell you Steph is the greatest shooter of all time.
No one's capping for Ray Allen like that. Now as an all time player, that's another discussion.
Steph is still writing his story though. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Noone is denying steph as an all time great shooter, he still gotta pass Reggie and Ray tho

All-time great player is a different conversation

harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx this post is exactly my point.

And y’all forget....when Dray was a Rookie, Klay wasn’t even close to an All Star..and Jarrett Jack was getting the closeout backup minutes with Jermaine O’Neal and Carl Landry....Steph Curry was doing this in the playoffs...the only other team than the Heat to beat these Spurs in the 2013 playoffs.

Took a Manu Ginobli game winner from it going 7 games.

But yet...he’s criticized for playing with a great roster that he grew with, led and won with...then added on to it.

View attachment 2358321

You’re using shock jocks to justify yourself?

Y’all want to talk about positionless basketball but want to give him all the benefits of being a great point guard without great point guard numbers

ASSISTS matter if you’re PG.

There’s no way around it.

I trust Steph. I trust Klay. Draymond getting you 15? Ehhh
Iguodala shooting 23% from 3. Cook is 1 for his last 7, McKinnie has only made one since G1, mostly from the corner :lol:

Every attempt for these guys wide open :lol: Those shots gotta fall tonight.

Nurse also can’t help Kerr get his offense/defense subs off late in games by calling timeouts after his star scores 10 points in a row.

There's always going to be those guys. 9/10 people will tell you Steph is the greatest shooter of all time.
No one's capping for Ray Allen like that. Now as an all time player, that's another discussion.
I got you, but the thing for me is, as an all time player, he's there. The greatest three point shooter of all time. Hands down. But that's only a small segment of the game, I know.

To help his point all of a sudden Curry is also some rags to riches story as well :rofl:

And y’all forget....when Dray was a Rookie, Klay wasn’t even close to an All Star..and Jarrett Jack was getting the closeout backup minutes with Jermaine O’Neal and Carl Landry....Steph Curry was doing this in the playoffs...the only other team than the Heat to beat these Spurs in the 2013 playoffs.

But yet...he’s criticized for playing with a great roster that he grew with, led and won with...then added on to it.

Steph Curry didn’t become an all-star or all-nba until 2014

It really isn't anything against him, it's just circumstance. He's a very talented player, but most times what cements you is your accolades. He's won two MVPs with that roster, which was mostly a commentary on him being considered the floor leader on a all-time wins team. Those all-time wins have a lot to do with the roster they constructed, though.

And I mean, they won two games, but they still were striking out in the playoffs until Draymond and Klay became who they are...and again that's nothing against anyone. That's major props to the front office and how they built this roster.

The Warriors have a decent chance of winning this series, but man just to see the reaction of Warriors fans if they take the L.:lol:
I can't lie, it would be really really rough. But, this is their chance to elevate themselves into NBA lore. I hope it doesn't get downplayed into the Raptors being "who we thought they were", if and when they do it.

Back
Top Bottom