NBA Legacy Thread, Update Resumes

May need to update some guys later this week.

Bron
Dwight Howard
Kawhi
Rondo

AD is still pretty young so not really needed quite yet.

And, I think Kyle Lowry might be brought up. :nerd:

Still goin thru everything, I'm not 100% dialed in yet, but close enough.

Bron just won #4. 4th Finals MVP. 4 season MVP's.

17th year. 25/8/10

Playoff run, 27/11/9, in the fewest minutes of his playoff career.

Few things I've seen/heard over the week.

2nd year Miami, Title.
2nd year Cleveland, Title.
2nd year LA, Title.

Miami hadn't won anything 4 years before Bron.
Clev hadn't been a .500 team 4 years before Bron.
LA hadn't been in playoffs in 6 years before Bron.

All three, 2nd season chip. 🤔

Wing in Miami, Wade.
PG in Clev, Kyrie.
Big in LA, AD.

Spo, Lue, Vogel as his Championship coaches.

That's really, really interesting.

Nick Wright (not sure who he is) made a sound point. I believe JD617 JD617 would like it.....what did this Finals run do to hurt Jimmy Butler's legacy? He's now 0-1 in the Finals. Giannis has zero Finals losses.

:lol: Kinda dumb, but kinda spot on.

MJ was 6-0/6-0/6-0 etc, absolving him of the multiple seasons he couldn't reach the NBA Finals.

Bron is 4-6, but won with 3 franchises, completely diff #2's on all, 3 diff coaches (who hadn't won of done anything of note before him).

Interesting.

Back to Giannis......he was hurt in March before Covid. Months off helped him heal and not lose the 1 seed.
Kawhi load managed of course.
Portland had no Collins or Nurkic. They don't even make the playoffs if not for the shutdown.
Harden got the most rest of his career.

Everyone got rest. Equal rest.

Bron just won the title without a true Homecourt. He also shot fewer free throws than Lillard, Harden, or Butler. (He and Murray were close).
No HC, no whistle advantage, and same rest as everyone else.
16-5. (A missed 3 from bein 16-4)

Kawhi beat GS without Durant and Klay goin down and y'all called him God.

God choked vs the Nuggets who James dispatched in 5. God got his coach fired. God got his new franchise to trade 27 picks for Paul George then signed a 2 year contract.

I'm not a knowledgeable LeBron fan. I didn't even come around on him until the 2012 Boston game down 3-2 (the scowl meme). I was never a huge fan of his work, but I've appreciated him more over time. His Cleveland Title was insane. The loss to the Spurs was my personal belief of teams not succeeding in a 4th straight Finals. (GSW did, by adding Durant, then they all died in the 5th run)

There are smarter, better Bron fans than I. al3xis al3xis is thee best. He is a library on Bron's career.
JD is another.
osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh and pmatic pmatic are other good ones. They can perspective his game more than I.

One thing I have grown to appreciate watchin him, his passing. Not just assists, or no look or any of that, precision cross court in their hands passes. Dimes on the move thru 3 guys right to their shooting motion passes. I grew up with Magic. I recognize it. It's my favorite part of his game.

I expect LA to be better next year. If they are, if he gets another Finals, win or lose, that's 11 in 18, God damn. He has every playoff record. Games, min, points, close in triple doubles, assists, rebounds, threes, and same for Finals records. If he gets #5, year 18, a second back to back......we're all gonna be searching for new ways to say stuff.

He could play 20 seasons, and maybe, maybe.....a dozen Finals? :nerd:

Needs 3 to get 2. 6-6, 5-7, 4-8, whatever. It'll be a top 2-3 resume with Mike and Kareem. (Magic belongs, but 12 years hurts a lil)

Back
Top Bottom