NBA Missing A Ocho Cinco, T.O. Type Player ?

I was thinking if there are any Ocho Cinco-T.O. type players in the NBA.

A dude that's like "Give me the ball, I'm going to kill every night, 40+ !"

Ya'll think NBA that would be a + ? Not to say it would make the NBA as a whole better, but as far as entertainment purposes, post game interviews, trashtalking during the game etc.

Closes I could think of was Gilbert...

I love how in the past two seasons, NT has developed an insane amount of hatred towards Gilbert. Not to say that your Ocho Cinco comparison was hate. NT waslovin Gil 3 seasons ago.

Ricky Davis just goes out to get his 20 a night. thats the first thing that came to mind when you said "Give me the ball, I'm going to kill everynight, 40+ !"

Def. not hate, Habachi is real. I was speaking of his arrogance.

And to make my post more understandable, I was imagining a made up player that was a top 5 player on the court and wasn't modest about it during interviewsand didn't give political answers.

I just thought that would be very entertaining.

I know it wasnt.....but there has been a lot of hate for Gil recently, and Ive been meaning to bring that up.

And your post is pretty on point. Never really thought about it much.

i think the NBA might benefit from not having a player like that. the media would just blow that up just like the whole stephon marbury thing.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

i think the NBA might benefit from not having a player like that. the media would just blow that up just like the whole stephon marbury thing.
The more I think about it, you're right. I instantly thought about players like Ricky Davis, 'Sheed, and Agent Zero. While they'veturned out to be some of my favorites over the last ten years, they haven't exactly made the casual fan look at the NBA in the best light.
ohwell.gif

Ron Artest with the Pacers and Kings? I don't know maybe that's way off..

you do realize the NFL hates what Ocho Cinco and T.O do. Thats why they fine them all the time, sure its entertaining for us, but for a league standpoint, theNBA and David Stern are happy where they are now.

The thing is football players go out of their way to get their names out there cuz they play a sport where you cant see faces. They have to market themselvesalot differently than other athletes. NBA players their faces are out there during the entire game, highlights, whatever. Football you're not even allowedto take your helmet off after a play even in commercials the majority of football players have their helmets on, they kinda HAVE to be more outrageous,outspoken however u wanna put it. Do a line up of average NBA players and do a line up of SUPERSTAR NFL players for a casual sports fan and Id bet the NBAplayers get named more often than the NFL superstars.

Ya'll think NBA that would be a + ? Not to say it would make the NBA as a whole better, but as far as entertainment purposes, post game interviews, trash talking during the game etc.
Ya'll are missing it totally.
tired.gif

a younger Iverson reminds me of them...not because of his give me the ball attitude, but the way he stood out from the rest.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

The thing is football players go out of their way to get their names out there cuz they play a sport where you cant see faces. They have to market themselves alot differently than other athletes. NBA players their faces are out there during the entire game, highlights, whatever. Football you're not even allowed to take your helmet off after a play even in commercials the majority of football players have their helmets on, they kinda HAVE to be more outrageous, outspoken however u wanna put it. Do a line up of average NBA players and do a line up of SUPERSTAR NFL players for a casual sports fan and Id bet the NBA players get named more often than the NFL superstars.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Ron Artest with the Pacers and Kings? I don't know maybe that's way off..
First person I thought of. I was hoping Beasley would be more entertaining.

This is definitely Kobe a few years back before the youngsters improved. Post Shaq when the team was balls.

Kobe=T.O
always demanding the ball and they both are the biggest b!+ches in there leagues

Originally Posted by ccb302

Kobe=T.O
always demanding the ball and they both are the biggest b!+ches in there leagues
???

Kobe is NOTHING like TO. only similarity is that they are great players.

Back
Top Bottom