NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

We could split the MLE between Bass/Daniels?

I don't realistically seeing any FA wanting to come to Dallas for cheaper, Iverson? Boozer? Hedo? Artest?

I don't know the list of FA's that are going to be available, but I don't think there's going to be too many options.

I don't think Daniels would accept the LLE, but who knows. Do you know how much the MLE is worth this year?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

We could split the MLE between Bass/Daniels?

I don't realistically seeing any FA wanting to come to Dallas for cheaper, Iverson? Boozer? Hedo? Artest?

I don't know the list of FA's that are going to be available, but I don't think there's going to be too many options.

I don't think Daniels would accept the LLE, but who knows. Do you know how much the MLE is worth this year?
Part of the MLE would probably work for Quis... But honestly, I'll be shocked if Bass is back... I think it'll be like last year withDiop, where he'll probably get the full MLE somewhere, and the Mavs have to make a tough decision early... They made the mistake once, don't know thatthey'll do it again...

Guys like Bass are useful, but I think the instant energy, athletic undersized power forward really is a dime a dozen... They can be found in literally EVERYdraft, but they're gonna be seriously overvalued on the open market... Is Bass' production worth the full mid-level? Not to me... But I thinkthat's probably what he'll get from somebody...

And I don't know that other FAs will look at Dallas as a real option, but I'd rather not spend the cash and save it for later than hand out anothercontract that a guy isn't likely to live up to production wise... Quis way back when, Diop last year, Stackhouse two years ago, Terry's contract wasprobably a little much... It's just become far too commonplace with the Mavs to throw money we can't spend elsewhere into our own guys just because itworks out OK financially right now, and I think it's time to move away from that kind of practice...

all i know is kidd better get dat ring i guess hell go to cleveland they got da king his buddy n shaq cuz da mavs r makin no moves so i rather my dude j kiddgo to da cavs n get dat ring

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

There is no way in hell I could chear for Kidd if he went to the Cavs

Even if he goes there, there are no guarantees. Remember when Olajuwon, Barkley, Pippen, and Drexler were on the same team? Looked like a sure thing onpaper, but they didn't even come close.

Originally Posted by franchise3

That's a wild #!! article.
laugh.gif

Beasley for 2 hmmm..

eek.gif
@ the Rockets offers of course Memphis declined

Kerr was tripping too. Amare for Gay AND 2? ****

Any deal the Suns make they will not come out even or ahead. They are in complete salary dump mode. Shame on them...already tanking next season.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

ennings calls Rubio 'all hype'

Story Highlights
Brandon Jennings said fellow draft prospect Ricky Rubio is overhyped
Jennings on Rubio: "Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is"
Jennings played against Rubio once this season in Europe

By Scott Howard-Cooper, SI.com
Decrease font Decrease font
Enlarge font Enlarge font

SACRAMENTO -- Highly touted draft prospect Brandon Jennings called Spanish sensation and potential No. 2 pick Ricky Rubio overhyped and not even the top point guard in the draft.

"Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me [and fellow point guard prospects] Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Tywon Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't probably be at the top," Jennings said Friday.

Jennings made his comments after a workout for the Sacramento Kings that also included point guards Flynn from Syracuse and Holiday from UCLA.

When asked if he thought Rubio, who has received great attention but has not worked out for NBA teams, is all hype, he said without hesitation, "Yes. Because he played in the Olympics, he's been playing pro ball since he was like 14. So there it is right there. ... I can't wait to play him, though, in summer league. I'm just letting you know that now. I can't wait.

"Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is. I just shoot the ball better than he can. The only thing I've seen him do sometimes is when he has a home-run pass or something like that. I think the dude is just all hype. I can't even front. I'm just going to be real with you guys."

Jennings, a likely top 10 pick who bypassed the NCAA to play professionally in Rome, played Rubio and DKV Joventut once last season in Spain. When asked how the matchup went, Jennings said, "Well, when I played him, he had zero points, two assists and two turnovers. So you tell me how that went."

pimp.gif
BJ telling the truth.

Well, Rubio's acted like a douche so far, threatenting to go back to Spain since he doesn't want to play in Minnesota. They need to make a SteveFrancis rule, giving the team that drafts you exclusive rights forever, so you at least play out a rookie contract for them , or you never play in the NBA.That just pisses me off.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

There is no way in hell I could chear for Kidd if he went to the Cavs

Even if he goes there, there are no guarantees. Remember when Olajuwon, Barkley, Pippen, and Drexler were on the same team? Looked like a sure thing on paper, but they didn't even come close.
kobe, shaq, malone, payton....

[h2]Millsap Seeking Contract Similar To Lee[/h2]
Jun 27, 2009 11:01 AM EST

uta_40.gif
Jazz forward Paul Millsap appears to be seeking a contract similar to the one David Lee is commanding.

Multiple reports have said that Lee, a restricted free agent with the Knicks, is looking for a multi-year deal worth $10 million annually.

DeAngelo Simmons, Millsap's rep and uncle, has suggested that Millsap deserves a similar deal.

"I really can't say (precisely how much money Millsap is seeking)," said Simmons. "But the two guys are pretty close, with what we're looking at."

Via Deseret News

Utah Jazz

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Teams Inquire With Raptors About Parker[/h2]
Jun 27, 2009 9:48 AM EST

tor_40.gif
A number of teams have asked about guard Anthony Parker, according to league sources.

Parker, 34, is unlikely to return to Toronto, especially after the team drafted DeMar DeRozan with the 9th pick.

The Spurs, Celtics, Suns, Cavaliers and Thunder have reportedly asked about Parker, who will become a free agent on July 1st.

Parker, who is looking for one last lucrative contract, could return to the Euroleague if he is unable to get a suitable contract from an NBA team.

Via Globe And Mail

Toronto Raptors

[h2]Magic To Pursue Rasheed, Bass[/h2]
Jun 27, 2009 9:40 AM EST

orl_40.gif
The Magic are expected to pursue free-agent forwards Rasheed Wallace and Brandon Bass this week.

Two NBA sources told Fan House that Orlando is interested in Wallace and Bass.

The Magic traded for Vince Carter on Thursday, and are now expected to let Hedo Turkoglu walk in free agency.

Wallace is expected to be pursued by both the Magic and Celtics, while Bass will be one of the best reserves on the market.

Via Fan House

Orlando Magic

[h2]Teague Set To Become Another Agent Zero[/h2]
Jun 27, 2009 9:32 AM EST

atl_40.gif
Jeff Teague, taken with the 19th overall pick by the Hawks, will wear No. 0 to start his NBA career.

"I started wearing zero my freshman year of college," said Teague. "I wasn't highly recruited. I was kind of like the Gilbert Arenas story. He kind of reminded me of myself."

Teague has heard that he's too small to be a major player, and was lightly recruited out of high school.

"It was a lot of motivation," he said. "When I got there, people were telling me I probably wouldn't play a lot because I was a smaller guy and they had a lot of great players there already. But when I got my opportunity to play, I did pretty well. Now, to be in this situation, I feel like all the hard work has paid off."

Via NBA.com

Atlanta Hawks

[h2]Knicks Won't Jeopardize 2010 For Kidd[/h2]
Jun 27, 2009 9:26 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks are expected to show interest in Jason Kidd, but they might only offer the point guard a one-year deal.

Kidd is rumored to be interested in returning to the area after spending a number of years in New Jersey.

New York will only have the midlevel exception, about $5.5 million, to offer Kidd. More than a one-year deal is highly unlikely, as the Knicks won't jeopardize their salary-cap space in 2010.

Via New York Times

New York Knicks

[h2]Dumars: No More Drama For Pistons[/h2]
Jun 27, 2009 9:16 AM EST

det_40.gif
Pistons president Joe Dumars says that he won't put the team in a position to have to deal with "drama" ever again.

Dumars used the 15th overall pick on Austin Daye, a soft-spoken forward out of Gonzaga. He couldn't be more different than Allen Iverson, who Dumars was undoubtedly referring to with his comments.

"Never again will I allow us to be in a position where we're dealing with issues, where we're dealing with drama," said Dumars.

Detroit coach Michael Curry said that the team lost a lot of games on Sunday, and that their habits many have played a role.

"I think Joe was madder than anybody else about us losing all those Sunday games," said Curry, "and usually that has something to do with what you were doing Saturday night."

Via Detroit Free Press

Detroit Pistons

[h2]Stefanski: I'm Not Shopping Brand[/h2]
Jun 27, 2009 9:09 AM EST

phi_40.gif
Sixers team president Ed Stefanski is denying reports that he is shopping forward Elton Brand.

"I've said over and over since I've been here, any player is tradable in the NBA," Stefanski said. "If anybody wants to make an offer, you have to listen. Am I calling other teams and shopping Elton Brand? Absolutely not. I've had people inquire about him."

Brand is entering the second year of a five-year, $82 million contract with Philadelphia.

Via Philly Blurbs

Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]Memphis Received Many Offers For 2nd Pick[/h2]
Jun 27, 2009 9:06 AM EST

mem_40.gif
Sources confirmed to the Memphis Commercial Appeal on Friday that the Grizzlies received a number of offers for the second overall pick.

Ultimately, Memphis opted to keep the pick and used it on Connecticut center Hasheem Thabeet.

The Suns offered Amare Stoudemire for Rudy Gay and the second overall pick.

The Celtics offered a package that included Kendrick Perkins for the No. 2 pick, and also inquired about the 36th selection.

The Heat were willing to part ways with Michael Beasley, last year's second pick, for this year's No. 2 selection.

The Rockets made one offer involving Tracy McGrady, and another that included Shane Battier and Carl Landry, but they wanted Gay in the deal as well.

The Cavaliers offered Daniel Gibson and JJ Hickson, the Bobcats put Emeka Okafor and Nazr Mohammed on the block, the Mavericks offered Josh Howard and the Thunder made a play involving Nick Collison.

Via Memphis Commercial Appeal

Memphis Grizzlies

Milsap is on crack.

I think sheed will find himself with the Cavs.

Man, the Celtics just don't care do they? Offering Rondo AND Perkins around town?
eek.gif

I thought those two did a great job for them, apparently not in managements eyes.

Dirk.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

As long David Kahns plan all along was to auction off Rubio then it was a good move, but if sersiouly thinks they can play in the same back court then he needsto find Jesus.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

As long David Kahns plan all along was to auction off Rubio then it was a good move, but if sersiouly thinks they can play in the same back court then he needs to find Jesus.

thats the way I look at it too. If he can trade him to New York for Wilson Chandler and _____ then he definitely did a good job. Im no Twolves fan, but Imsick of people calling Kahn an idiot (mainly NY fans) because he drafted two pg's in the top 10. What if he trades Rubio for 2 GOOD players and then Rubioturns out to be a bust? (BTW, im not saying this will happen since I think Rubio will be a good player)

Former LSU guard Garrett Temple to play on Houston Rockets summer league team. I think he makes the team. One of the best perimeter defenders I've seencome out in a long time.
pimp.gif

BATON ROUGE -- The Houston Rockets kept in close contact with LSU guard http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticl...66&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=174836&Q_SEASON=2008GarrettTemple and immediately after the draft concluded offered him on spot on their summer league team that will compete in Las Vegas, July10-19, at the Thomas and Mack Center and the Cox Pavilion.

A total of 21 NBA teams will be taking part in the event that features 55 games involving the NBA's topyoung talent.

"They really kept calling me even during the draft making sure I would still be available for them if Iwasn't drafted," said Temple Friday. "A couple of other teams also made contact with me but Houston had the best offer."

Temple will be heading to Houston in early July for a four-day mini-camp before moving to Las Vegas where theHouston team will be playing one of the first games of the event.

"I'm excited and really looking forward to the opportunity," said Temple.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27826&SPID=2166&ATCLID=3756464&DB_OEM_ID=5200

Millsap was averaging a double-double (16 and 11) while Boozer was out this season. Let's not mention the way the free agency market is, Boozer is likelyto leave and how much the Jazz love this guy
grin.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Why? Millsap was averaging a double-double (16 and 11) while Boozer was out this season. Let's not mention the way the free agency market is and Boozer is likely to leave
grin.gif

Last year IMO he would have gotten that deal. It doesn't sound like many teams want to spend money this year but you do have a point.

With boozer leaving the Jazz probably would throw that money at him.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Kidd is not going to go to the cavs...he has said, he wants to contribute and not be a ring chaser.
Jason Kidd will be an unrestricted free agent this summer and the Cavaliers could be a fit for the veteran point guard.

"I could sit and watch from the bench," Kidd said. "[LeBron] is so talented, he's going to get guys wide open shots. So we'll look atfree agency and what happens for me next year."

http://realgm.com/src_wir...n_cleveland_next_season/

Yeah the Cavs have no shot
eyes.gif
. If he wants a ring he'll take a paycutand go to Cleveland. He wants money he'll stay in Dallas. He would have an impact for the Cavs.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

As long David Kahns plan all along was to auction off Rubio then it was a good move, but if sersiouly thinks they can play in the same back court then he needs to find Jesus.

thats the way I look at it too. If he can trade him to New York for Wilson Chandler and _____ then he definitely did a good job. Im no Twolves fan, but Im sick of people calling Kahn an idiot (mainly NY fans) because he drafted two pg's in the top 10. What if he trades Rubio for 2 GOOD players and then Rubio turns out to be a bust? (BTW, im not saying this will happen since I think Rubio will be a good player)
walsh isn't ******ed. if anything, he'll just let him move back to spain. nate/lee is most likely all they'll get because they'regoing to be asking too much. i really doubt chandler would be shipped, but if he is, its only to clear the logjam at the 3.

Lots of moves/offers being made...I love the offseason almost as much as the regular season.

I think I can guarentee that Memphis will end up with Lee, Boozer or Millsap this off-season.

Back
Top Bottom