NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

"I been enjoying my day today!"

Artest trying to sign a deal with Sacramento radio stations.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

Hopefully Artest signs with the lakers. If he goes to Cleveland you might as well hand them the title.
tired.gif

The @@+$ outta here.

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

Hopefully Artest signs with the lakers. If he goes to Cleveland you might as well hand them the title.
tired.gif
LOL

Anyway I got class at 8 in the morning I don't got time for Ron's foolishness.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Don't do it Artest.

Please.

If you sign with Cleveland, Niketalk will be unbearable for almost the entire NBA season. We already had "Mo Williams All-Star" threads, "Mike Brown is a good coach" threads... I mean, we were subjected to things that normal human beings know are just completely absurd.

I can already see it now: every single time Shaq says something witty, LeBron farts, or Ron has a "classic" interview, there will be a thread.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Ron, think of NT, man... think of NT...
smh.gif

laugh.gif

If he goes to Cleveland imo that puts them over the top. People are already talking about Cleveland winning a title with Shaq and then you add Artest.
sick.gif

Ron
laugh.gif

And I can handle him leaving and going to Cleveland but there's no way I would want to see him in L.A.
I just couldn't root for him there.But the best of luck to him and wherever he chooses to go, I just know it isn't Houston.

It definitely looks like that Rockets will look like crap next year and I expected them to contend
laugh.gif
This off-season just keeps getting worse and worse.
I have nothing to look forward to next year
frown.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

blackxme wrote:It definitely looks like that Rockets will look like crap next year and I expected them to contend
laugh.gif
. I have nothing to look forward to next year
frown.gif

John Wall
pimp.gif

That's the only positive that can come of this but I'm still not sold on him. Let's see how he does at Kentucky and then we'llsee.

Ricky Rubio's Nuclear Option

Already it seems a thousand articles have been written about the intricate dance unfolding between Ricky Rubio and the Minnesota Timberwolves.

One thing that really impresses me: Minnesota GM David Kahn has skillfully removed the Rubio camp's biggest threat. In any normal situation they would have said give us what we want or we'll stay in Europe. But before the music even really started, right there on draft night, Kahn was assuring everyone that Rubio might stay in Europe and that's just fine. The Timberwolves, he said, are more than willing to wait.

That sends the message to everyone that the Timberwolves are ready for good offers, but not bad ones.

The Rubio camp does still have a big hammer, though, and it's one that has almost never been used.

Rubio can sit out a year, and re-enter next year's draft.

The way the collective bargaining agreement works, the Timberwolves hold Rubio's NBA rights so long as they make him an offer, and he plays professional ball in some FIBA-sanctioned league, which is just about all of the leagues he'd consider playing in.

But if he doesn't play professionally anywhere, then he can be right back in next year's draft.

You can only do this once -- no one can be drafted more than twice.

Clearly, this is an illogical move. To leave his Spanish team, he'd still have a buyout, only now coupled with almost no income at all. (Barnstorming Nike tour, anyone?)

But he could certainly get himself some elite basketball training, maybe a year of being a college student, followed by a career with a team more to his liking. It might at least be worth threatening that, as a way to imbue the Timberwolves with some urgency.

You know what would be just hilarious, though? If Rubio actually did sit out the year, and somehow or another the Timberwolves drafted him again.
Rubio is a punk if he stays in Europe or forces a trade
grin.gif

Clipps came away w/ robbery. ZBo is a bad teamate. Sure he can score but thats about it.

Clipps have no reason not to fight for the 8 spot next year.

Back
Top Bottom