NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Turk is a way better fit than Miller though. Miller will get the team running which is a good thing, but he likes to have the ball in his hands, operate in the post and can't shoot past 18 feet. It's a bad fit if you ask me. Turkoglu however is a great fit because he would bring another ball handler and big shot maker. It also allow Jerryd Bayless to play off the ball even more.

That's agreeable, but I have a strong feeling that they will regret giving him 8 figures probably during the 3rd year of his contract knowing that theywill have to keep him for another two unless they give him a team option. It would suck to tie that much money into a player at his age especially if itwon't put your team over the top into the West Finals. The next few years will still belong to some of the top teams currently, so its hard to say whetherthis move will put them in the top tier of teams in the league. They already are a 4th or 5th seed in the West and they know making the playoffs is a easy forthem. Now, they need to get to West Finals status.

"Rockets.com reports Houston wants Marcin Gortat so bad that Rockets' general manager Daryl Morey rang the door bell at Gortat's Orlando-area home at 12:01 am this morning.
The Rockets have had Gortat on their radar screen since the midway point of the 2008-09 season.

Morey is asking fans to aid in the recruitment process by sending Gortat a note at rocketsfanslovegortat@gmail.com to show how much they want him in a Rockets' uniform next season."
roll.gif

Yeah I don't like the whole 5 years either. 3 years would be perfect because Turk would contribute while they develop Batum. After the 3 years are up Batumshould be fully ready. I wish contracts were shorter. Only in a perfect world.

eek.gif
@ these new Orlando and San Antonio lineups, if either of them get Sheed its championship or bust

Can't wait for the season to start

pimp.gif

Gortat as a heavily coveted FA? Millsap getting 5/$65m? The Grizz owner prefers Z-Bo to David Lee? Forget the summer of 2010 this #%#! is way more wild.

gortat is a very, very reliable backup. im sure he could hold his fort playing starter minutes as well.
imo, milsap is not a bad player. just me.
and i think memphis just wants zbo because he'll have a shorter contract. i mean, that team isnt playing d anytime soon anyway, might as well
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Several league executives say that the Memphis Grizzlies are preparing a $50 million offer for New York Knicks restricted free agent David Lee. "There's a great deal of interest in him, and a lot of teams are trying to be very creative," his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Wednesday morning.
Yahoo

Very surprising all of a sudden. I really wanted Millsap, but Lee is fine. Anything but ZBo.

It's not that he's coveted because he's a superstar in the making, it's because he can fill a very big void on teams who have no presencewhatsoever at the center position. Filling a void is the key here when talking about Gortat.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Several league executives say that the Memphis Grizzlies are preparing a $50 million offer for New York Knicks restricted free agent David Lee. "There's a great deal of interest in him, and a lot of teams are trying to be very creative," his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Wednesday morning.
Yahoo

Very surprising all of a sudden. I really wanted Millsap, but Lee is fine. Anything but ZBo.

Hope so. Even if Memphis gives him a 5 year deal, if he's not the answer at PF they can trade him. Look what Nocioni got the Bulls after they signed him tothat deal a few years ago. As

Originally Posted by y0uNgNdAnG3RoUs723

Hedo Turkoglu having dinner with Nate McMillan tonight. Hedo's then touring Portland on Thursday.

"And here we have a starbucks, and 2 blocks over, we have another starbucks, look over there, across the street, we have a Dutch Brothers, they'relike Starbucks, and then on 72nd, we have a starbucks, I hope you like starbucks Hedo."

tongue.gif

Actually, Nate prolly takin Hedo to Starz for dinner. Then stoppin at the Dolphin after that.
laugh.gif

Grizz fans, what's wrong with Z-Bo? Sure he has a fat contract, no pun intended but he's a 20/10 guy and he produces consistently. Plus, it's only2 years left so it's not much of a risk. Sure he has had character issues, but he seems to be maturing and didn't get in too much trouble here in LAother than the DUI that was later dropped. He punched dude from the Suns because he was playing with a heavy heart since his pops was in the hospital andeventually passed away.

Sure he doesn't play any defense whatsoever but that's what Thabeet is for. The way I see it, I'd rather take my chances with a 20-10 player forthe next 2 years rather than overpay for a 10/10 or 15/10 player.

Q-Rich for Z-Bo, I wouldn't mind having Q back on the Clips.

contracts dont match at all. i think.
zbo is an blackhole on offense. i dont even want to get into all that.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Grizz fans, what's wrong with Z-Bo? Sure he has a fat contract, no pun intended but he's a 20/10 guy and he produces consistently. Plus, it's only 2 years left so it's not much of a risk. Sure he has had character issues, but he seems to be maturing and didn't get in too much trouble here in LA other than the DUI that was later dropped. He punched dude from the Suns because he was playing with a heavy heart since his pops was in the hospital and eventually passed away.

Sure he doesn't play any defense whatsoever but that's what Thabeet is for. The way I see it, I'd rather take my chances with a 20-10 player for the next 2 years rather than overpay for a 10/10 or 15/10 player.

That's how I look at it. He's only a 2-year rental and will improve Memphis by giving us a low post threat and let the young players continue to growat the same time. If we did get Z-Bo, Jaric contract would have to be thrown in though.

At the same time, giving Lee a 5 year deal wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. He might not be our fix at PF, but he's definitely better than anybodyon our team now at PF. If he doesn't seem to average around the same stats or more as a Grizz, then it shouldn't be that hard to trade him away giventhat he could be another team's answer at PF. I would like a team option on one of those years though.

^Do you really want a ballhogging thug on your team when you're trying to develop your young guys though? I understand the numbers, but it's not likethe Grizz are contending for the West and they NEED those numbers. See what I mean? I like Lee MUCH better in that position.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^Do you really want a ballhogging thug on your team when you're trying to develop your young guys though? I understand the numbers, but it's not like the Grizz are contending for the West and they NEED those numbers. See what I mean? I like Lee MUCH better in that position.

Z-Bo is at best a stopgap measure to keep the team building toward the future and that would be better than paying big money over 5 years for someone whoisn't that good and will be coming off the bench in 2 seasons. Z-Bo can score inside which the team desperately needs, his defense is weak but with Thabeetthat problem can be negated somewhat and he is going to mature one day. Why not now?

Lee is a wildcard. He still has some upside left and he could possibly be THAT guy at PF for us. Sometimes you have to take risk, so I would be more inclinedto him than Z-Bo. He would fit along well with the players we have now and I can only imagine the things Z-Bo would do in the Grizz offense
tired.gif
. It would pretty much remind me of the last season he was in Portland when theyhad start rebuilding in 2006.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Grizz fans, what's wrong with Z-Bo? Sure he has a fat contract, no pun intended but he's a 20/10 guy and he produces consistently. Plus, it's only 2 years left so it's not much of a risk. Sure he has had character issues, but he seems to be maturing and didn't get in too much trouble here in LA other than the DUI that was later dropped. He punched dude from the Suns because he was playing with a heavy heart since his pops was in the hospital and eventually passed away.

Sure he doesn't play any defense whatsoever but that's what Thabeet is for. The way I see it, I'd rather take my chances with a 20-10 player for the next 2 years rather than overpay for a 10/10 or 15/10 player.

-Black hole
-Questionable shot selection
-Low bball IQ
-No defense
-Bad attitude
-Terrible team mate
-Injury prone
-Overpaid

Even if he only has two years, I don't want him on Memphis.

-
eek.gif
@ Cuban going hard for Kidd. It's sick that Kidd is still commanding that type of guap.
I mean... What else would you have them do?
laugh.gif

Barea can't start. We've seen what Jason Terry as a starting point guard leads to... There aren't any other viable options available really, unlessit's Andre Miller, and if Portland tosses out Travis Outlaw, the Mavs can't match that...

Man this economy sucks and also cause 2010 is next year, but this time last year we had a rack of FA signings and this year nothing

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

-
eek.gif
@ Cuban going hard for Kidd. It's sick that Kidd is still commanding that type of guap.
I mean... What else would you have them do?
laugh.gif

Barea can't start. We've seen what Jason Terry as a starting point guard leads to... There aren't any other viable options available really, unless it's Andre Miller, and if Portland tosses out Travis Outlaw, the Mavs can't match that...

act_ramon_sessions.jpg

Sessions could be a nice building block for the future. I don't think the Bucks will match because of financial issues, Ridnour being decent enough tostart and Jennings just getting drafted.

The Cs will land Sheed. Rasheed knows he's the same breed of animal as the other guys on the Cs. KG's friendship will help bring him over. As to wherehe'll play - if he wants to start, Perk will give his starting spot up. He's all about the team. Perkins, KG, and Sheed are all interchangeable, andyou can play any combination of the 2 at all times. If Perk is in with Sheed, Sheed moves to the 4 and becomes the high post player, draining jumpers. If KGand Sheed are on together, Sheed moves down to the box and becomes a low post threat while KG wets jumpers from 17 feet. If the Cs secure Sheed, I can see themscoring Grant Hill too.

Seems like the knicks are looking at a front court of hill and milicic. Its gonna be sad seeing lee go. Lee brings everything to the table: energy, heart,great teammate, double-double machine. I think he'll be worth the 50 mill in the future

Back
Top Bottom